Home The Bridge
Options

Please reconsider Lenara Khan as the 5* for a Pride month campaign

edited June 2020 in The Bridge
She is an anti-Pride character. In that episode, she ends up embracing cultural conformity and rejecting Jadzia’s love. That’s the opposite of what TP is ostensibly claiming to celebrate! Also, the kiss she shared with Dax was more about sweeps week ratings than genuine respect.

There are multiple LGBT-related alternatives: Stamets, Culber, Reno, Jadzia, Sulu, etc. And there is still time to change this. Please do.

Comments

• Options
    When thinking about Pride month, I really don't think of Lenara Khan as one of those characters. In the episode "Rejoined", Lenara Khan's former host (Niliani) and Jadzia Dax's former host (Torias) were married. It takes away the purpose of "LGBTQ", doesn't it? I get that Jadzia and Lenara both shared their feelings - or was it their previous hosts - and eventually had a kiss, albeit their new hosts were female.

My vote goes to Culber, Statements, Sulu, RENO, etc.
  • Options
    I’m also really hoping for a change. Much better options are Jett Reno, Dr. Hugh Culber etc (medic reno is most likely way too good)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unnar Too wrote: »
    Star Trek has been championing diversity and inclusion since TOS. Were you offended when Shatner pushed his agenda with the first on-screen interracial kiss?

I think the difference is, when it has happened on screen in those stories, it just "was." I personally favor showing over telling, and while they had the first interracial kiss, there wasn't the accompanying cheering - "Look what we are doing, it's an interracial kiss! Look how forward thinking we are!"

These issues are problematic now because if you don't "support things correctly" people go after you. You can't just agree with something, you have to agree with it in a way deemed acceptable, and you have to constantly point at it.

It's a deep, long, hard conversation, and a forum about a video game probably isn't the best place to have it.

It’s a shame I can only awesome this once

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    S31 wrote: »
    This is beyond stupid, Culbert and Stamets were the logical choice.

Then someone would be upset that only gay men were featured. It's a PC movement - someone is going to be offended by something. Even if the mix was right, someone else would rightly point out they are trying to profit off a movement.

Frankly, I'm more interested in hearing that TP is in favor of making a quality Star Trek game experience than what political movement they support. Great - you support that community, I do too. I'm here to play the game though...

The best way to show that you support inclusivity is to just include the characters in the game, and make sure they are well represented. You don't need to have people pay a little bit more to pat you on the back for doing it...

I’m with you on this. Tilting Point has really been pushing their stances (see post in the holodeck) and I’m not liking it one bit. I don’t want to know your agenda and your beliefs and quite frankly knowing them is turning me off to the company.

You must be new to Star Trek

Um. No.

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    there's certainly worse choices such as mirror kira.
    until recently there wasn't much to choose from, and most of these involved Trills.

Maybe the Riker one with the androgynous species. Anyway, I can accept this choice.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
This discussion has been closed.