Home Engineering Room
Options

Lost all Rank Rewards

Comments

• Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I got off easy, as far as I can tell. I got all my crew; but only got 2 portal pulls, when I think you are supposed to get 3 typically for 1000-1500 range.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Update:
    - the traffic jam that affected event rewards distribution has resolved pretty quickly.
    - we are aware that players who attempted to claim their rewards while the issue was ongoing, are currently unable to claim them
    - we are working on potential solutions for those players.

This will be a long process, so we might not have a solution by the end of day.
    I will update this thread once I know more.

Our apologies, and thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the update
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    Update:
    - the traffic jam that affected event rewards distribution has resolved pretty quickly.
    - we are aware that players who attempted to claim their rewards while the issue was ongoing, are currently unable to claim them

Hey, Shan, thanks for the update. I'll check later / tomorrow, but I know eventually it will be cleared up. The hard part is going through the reward handler modules / database and figure out who got all their rewards, who got only some, who got none and who didn't claim yet - and then adjust the flags and database so no one is left out - or gets doubled up.

Take your time, this might require some finesse.
  • Options
    So there is a bit of a traffic jam for rewards, but the system will continue to work on granting those.

Could some of you restart again and let me know if you have now received them? Thank you!

Just tried again, have not received them. I'll keep trying periodically.

just got back from picking up my daughter from work logged into game and still now rewards, i think I was at 1880, should have taken a screenshot, still got nothing
  • Options
    Update:

I can say I am one of those, I got a screen for awards showing 4x parris time 4, and 3x parris x3 and other stuff but none of it actually rewarded, several restarts and nothing.
  • Options
    No worries. Appreciate all the updates.

Besides nothing a second copy of the legendary wouldn't sort... nudge nudge wink wink. o:)
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    At what point should we submit a CS ticket though? I mean, we need time to get the Event crew leveled for this weeks event, and sometimes it takes a few days for CS to respond...?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    "We have confirmed that the actual ranks of these players are still in the system, and are working on a way to re-deliver those rewards to the group of players who has not yet received them. We ask for your patience, as this process will not be completed until tomorrow."

What is meant by 'tomorrow'? I am nine hours into tomorrow and still have received no rewards. Will they arrive before the next event, the only event Linnus is likely to be useful in?
  • Options
    "We have confirmed that the actual ranks of these players are still in the system, and are working on a way to re-deliver those rewards to the group of players who has not yet received them. We ask for your patience, as this process will not be completed until tomorrow."

What is meant by 'tomorrow'? I am nine hours into tomorrow and still have received no rewards. Will they arrive before the next event, the only event Linnus is likely to be useful in?

its 7:35 cst here and still no rewards. my cs ticket was like we fixed it the rewards should be rewarded. Oh well at this point it would be easier if they just handed out one legendary citation, 4 honorable citations, and 3 rare citations.
  • Options
    They work in New York, and probably started an hour ago, and they are working from home still. We rarely hear from Shan prior to 9 AM in New York. I would assume that something will be done by Noon in New York, that seems to be the time things get done.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're still working on this but yes, we do operate in US times, east coast.
    Once I know more, I will let you know.
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Just don't forget us in the UK.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    Please be patient. As a systems engineer myself, sometimes you have to dig through a lot of data and/or code to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it, and how to stop it from happening again. With different people experiencing different results (no rewards, partial or all) that makes it all the more complex in trying to get this cleaned up. I am sure that they will straighten it out, and most likely toss in a little extra for good measure.
  • Options
    [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    It's been nearly 24h. I just hope, that I can get Linnis FE before the event starts.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are making progress but it is not a small thing.
    The goal is to correct this for those affected today.
  • Options
    We are making progress but it is not a small thing.
    The goal is to correct this for those affected today.

Yeah, I was thinking this would be an especially weird bug, as we have had dozens of events without this happen, and this was a repeat, so...what could have happened?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wait should not be too long anymore.
    The goal is to make missed rewards claimable again for the affected players.
    I will let you know once this is done!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event portal showed back up for me in the last few minutes after a restart, and I was able to claim successfully.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to spoil it for me Paladin!

:)
    Players affected should now be able to claim their rewards.
    You might need to restart.

Thank you for your patience while we were working on a solution for this.
  • Options
    Way to spoil it for me Paladin!

:)
    Players affected should now be able to claim their rewards.
    You might need to restart.

Thank you for your patience while we were working on a solution for this.

Got the event portal back and 1000 crons in my mailbox. Squadron rewards didn't show up, only ranked rewards, but squadron rewards amount to peanuts anyways. Thank you Shan.
  • Options
    Same here. Ranked rewards claimed, squadron missing, but not worth the hassle chasing those.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about the squadron rewards, there was quite a lot to untangle to make this work :(
    And yes, the next steps is to apply preventive measures to avoid this kind of situation.
  • Options
    I have received my personal rank rewards. I also didn't see squadron rewards in my "event complete" flow, but I also don't care about them (even if they weren't correctly awarded the first time).

As a developer, I think rerunning the "event complete" path was quite an elegant way of handling it.
  • Options
    As with everyone else, I did claim my event rewards, and thank you for the 1K chrons. I didn't get the squadron rewards, but that's only some replicator fuel, so not a big deal. Glad you were able to get everything back to normal - must have been a little hairy there for a while. K'Plah!
  • Options
    All is good. Thank you WRG team!
  • Options
    I am still short at least 1 portal pull; I finished in the 700s but received either 3 or 4 premium portal pulls instead of the usual 5. I have sent in a follow-up ticket.
  • Options
    Some folks received Duplicate rewards.. Including Linnis.
  • Options

Seriously?
  • Options
    Customer Support has confirmed that I am short 2 pulls, but the generic fix they applied to everyone was not, for whatever reason, able to fix my shortfall. Hopefully, they can work it out. I also have not received the apology chrons.
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Seriously?

A member of my fleet did. They had no issue collecting rewards and received a message with another set of the same rewards. I've seen their fused 2/5 Linnis.