Home The Bridge

Expeditions yes or no

2»

Comments

• [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    No more expedition events thank you.
    As a player I’d say never again. If I want strategy I’ll play chess, to me the fun n this game is about collecting not punching buttons for hours on end. As a family man I say yes because they give me a good reason to put the tablet away for four days logging in just to do the dailies.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expeditions kill my squads and my fleets participation. I still play them because they are not *that* bad, but for casual fans of the game they are hella boring.

These are the type of people who don't know what event it is in advance and who want to watch TV whilst chilling on their phone. They enter the event, play it for a few minutes without knowing what's going on that much and get bored 15 minutes in and then post that getting to threshold is not worth it this week, and they airlock the new crew. It is a tedious event and for the first 20 minutes actually requires concentration which is a terrible combination. Skirmish is tedious, but it is mindless.
  • No more expedition events thank you.
    Simple answer from me - no. Unless DBTP reworks expeditions, I will still play to thresholds every event because I like at least trying for top 1500, but I am a grumpus when it's an expedition event - regardless of which phase if it should fall to a hybrid event.
    Best,
    Nauti

Level 99; VIP 14
    Crew immortalized = 869
    Common Crew: 27/27, Uncommon Crew: 54/54, Rare Crew: 89/89, Super Rare Crew: 370/375, Legendary Crew: 363/454
    Pending collections = Klingon
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    More expedition events please.
    Sure. (I might be a masochist) Just not too often.
  • More expedition events please.
    Whatever gets me to 350k/400k the fastest is a good event. Galaxy can be binned imo.
  • edited June 2020
    no they are annoying first expedtion came out my wrist was sore for a week from playing beat the clock on it
    Simple answer from me - no. Unless DBTP reworks expeditions, I will still play to thresholds every event because I like at least trying for top 1500, but I am a grumpus when it's an expedition event - regardless of which phase if it should fall to a hybrid event.

I'm completely fine for an overhaul. In fact I expect one. Make it better. Make it work for everyone. We need the variety.
  • Nautica1402Nautica1402 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I'm completely fine for an overhaul. In fact I expect one. Make it better. Make it work for everyone. We need the variety.

stop trolling me BRATT :smiley:

But also yes, an overhaul is acceptable.
    Best,
    Nauti

Level 99; VIP 14
    Crew immortalized = 869
    Common Crew: 27/27, Uncommon Crew: 54/54, Rare Crew: 89/89, Super Rare Crew: 370/375, Legendary Crew: 363/454
    Pending collections = Klingon
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't enjoy expeditions, and if STT never ran another expedition, I'd be fine with that. However, I don't begrudge their occasional return, especially reruns of hybrid events, as I know some enjoy them.

I certainly don't want to see more of these unless they're heavily revamped.
    Roxton wrote: »
    This is not a debate. See the other thread for that.
    I'm not sure I see the point of this other than as a discussion. Forum polls can be a great way to inform a discussion, but they don't have a tremendous amount of value beyond the forum itself.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    First of all, @Roxton , thank you for this poll. It’s good to see you again.

Second of all, I voted “Yes” because I enjoy the format. I do not enjoy the scrolling. I wish the rewards were ... wait a second.

Third of all, what if WRG re-ran every previous expedition with a 5* at 400K and 75 375? loot boxes as rewards, then filled in the galaxy map with each one of them?

I think I am with @Prime Lorca [10FH] on this one. Hybrid, sure. Straight-up? Hm. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    @~peregrine~ good too see you too. Hope all is well.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    the only problem with expeditions are the "bonus tickets" you get as rewards (3 or 4 of them). Take those out and you've got about an hour a day for 5 days - ie the cheapest top 1000 time investment. I will admit that the bonus tickets make 2 of the days hellish.

for me skirmish is the most painful overall. and my least favorite time in an event is the faction start. it really hurts.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    the only problem with expeditions are the "bonus tickets" you get as rewards (3 or 4 of them). Take those out and you've got about an hour a day for 5 days - ie the cheapest top 1000 time investment. I will admit that the bonus tickets make 2 of the days hellish.

for me skirmish is the most painful overall. and my least favorite time in an event is the faction start. it really hurts.

Those bonus tickets are killer. And then when there is a bug and they give the players more. Definitely makes expeditions much harder.
    Let’s fly!
    stop trolling me BRATT :smiley:

fuchs-funny-tongue-animal-world-royalty-free-thumbnail.jpg