Home The Bridge

Expeditions yes or no

RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
As my last post about expeditions generated some interesting comments I thought maybe a poll would help. A simple yes or no
Star Truckerz
It's only my opinion but....

Expeditions yes or no 114 votes

More expedition events please.
61%
Warrior WilloAviTrekSSR BarkleypbertZombie Squirrel V.eXo | das411Nad HalZann Calcore (ISA)Commander Sinclair[SJ] Admiral Aki12345678 of 123456789kvafyJayBeezyaklobo~peregrine~[S47] ELiLIsle OneSoupKitchen RikerSovinox 70 votes
No more expedition events thank you.
38%
ADM Fletcher [ET]JeanLucKirk<TGE> DangerDrakeSabine of AthensCaptain DurfRoadrunner {SG-66}Data1001[QH] OxmyxJim RaynorPanda99This Sisko1Midspeed[SSR]Trollhammeren(HGH)ApolloCaptain MurphyTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Gib - Admiral MarinersLeadHeadThurthoradDavideBooks 44 votes

Comments

• .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This will be illuminating I'm sure. They should do a survey question in game like this. Most players don't come here. But should be interesting either way.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't care. My non-vote is simply because I'm fine either way. I rank well enough in expeditions, but I don't find them particularly enjoyable. As I've said in the past, if expeditions were always hybrids, then I would happily take expeditions frequently. Without that nuance, I become ambivalent.

My prediction: 1/3 yes, 2/3 no
    That's based on WRG_Ben's statement in Timelines Talks that most players do not like them, but there is a solid core who does. (Or something to that effect.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Things are never that simple:

DB/TP Devs and previous employees have openly stated in their current form they are problematic and uptake is not that great.
    As a player I am empathetic to this fact and would not cast a yes vote putting pressure on something they have already effectively ruled out because it is now beating a dead horse in their eyes.

Neither would I vote no because that is against my personal feelings of the event.

Ideal scenario is it goes back to the drawing board and it is reworked somehow:
    A loose example, but we do know they are working on one right now:
    A monthly or bi-monthly New distress calls (depending how much work it takes) that become available for a limited time that then get switched off and a new one next month or so replaces it. It's therefore kind of an event but isn't and perhaps answers the casual/mini event that has been floated previously.

Or Alternatively a new event type is created entirely as an adequate replacement of it.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭

DB/TP Devs and previous employees have openly stated in their current form they are problematic and uptake is not that great.
    As a player I am empathetic to this fact and would not cast a yes vote putting pressure on something they have already effectively ruled out because it is now beating a dead horse in their eyes.

Neither would I vote no because that is against my personal feelings of the event.

A monthly or bi-monthly New distress calls (depending how much work it takes) that become available for a limited time that then get switched off and a new one next month or so replaces it. It's therefore kind of an event but isn't and perhaps answers the casual/mini event that has been floated previously.

Or Alternatively a new event type is created entirely as an adequate replacement of it.

This is not a debate. See the other thread for that.

I am just asking yes or no.
    Star Truckerz

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roxton wrote: »

This is not a debate. See the other thread for that.

I am just asking yes or no.

And I'm saying my answer is neither and I'm sure there will be many others feel the same way.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's do this vote again the Monday after a full Expedition where the ranked 5* reward is tier 1 and compare the results ;)
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Let's do this vote again the Monday after a full Expedition where the ranked 5* reward is tier 1 and compare the results ;)

If that day ever comes I will
    Star Truckerz

• Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no, no and no
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Full or hybrid...hell yes. Expedition, I miss you old friend. Much like Kirk misses the captain’s chair, like Geordi misses a second date, like Riker misses seducing all those alien women... Such things need to change.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it's only twice a year, yes please! I also thought maybe they could tweak them so they would play out like a scavenger hunt, flying around the map on your missions, collecting items you need to achieve a certain reward(s) besides just VP.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I didn't vote. Expedition is a big YES, but also a big NO in the actual format. If TP overhaul the crew selection, I'm all in!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for once every 3 months. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Every few months would make for a nice change.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Full or a hybrid would be nice but please relax the daily ticket limit.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is wrong with you all

Dude...
  • No more expedition events thank you.
    For all that is good and holy......No!
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is wrong with you all

Ditto. People always forget the time sink. 8 hours a day is not what I can fun.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a yes from me. Galaxy is mind-numbing and burns too many resources and Faction is a constant inconvenience through the day (especially a work day) which leaves only Skirmish as mildly enjoyable.

An occasional Expedition will at least break things up a bit. Plus it's the only event I've ever done well in.
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I didn't vote. Expedition is a big YES, but also a big NO in the actual format. If TP overhaul the crew selection, I'm all in!

Just yes or no.
    Maybe later will poll on specific layout
    Star Truckerz

• .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This kinda shows how many people are dead set against Expeditions (no matter how infrequent or how much they are tweaked/fixed). I'm surprised its that high really. But certainly not a majority.

Thanx for doin this Roxton. :)
  • AgadorAgador ✭✭
    YES! OH GOD! YES! I'm so bored with Factions.
  • More expedition events please.
    Agador wrote: »
    YES! OH GOD! YES! I'm so bored with Factions.

A great many of us are bored with Faction.
  • No more expedition events thank you.
    I know this type of event has fans, but I'm not one of them. It suffers from poor construction. Too much time for too little reward and there's no way to prepare in advance to make it simpler and streamlined. It shares the same problems with skirmish, at least that you don't have to spend a lot of time on strategy.

It's easy to read this and think I'm just lazy, but if I'm gonna spend that much time on an event, it needs to have better payouts. Skirmishes at least reward you with extra honor (needs to be dropped more often, but its current state is not a deal breaker) and other resources.

Expeditions can work, but they need a massive overhaul. Back in the days before there was an event every week, they would've probably had the chance to better refine them and improve, now they must be so busy just trying to keep up with the event types that work, they don't have time to go back to the drawing board to make Expeditions work. I hope I'm wrong about that, I hope they do have time to fix them.

My mind remains open, if they come up with a new game plan for Expeditions, I'd be interested. Until then, no thanks.