Home Make It So!
Options

Trainer interface

AugPeng wrote: »
More of a suggestion than an "issue" with the game—if it hasn't been discussed already, I'd like to see a reformatting of the training system. The current click and hold training method is quite tedious, and you always run the risk of wasting trainers by over-training. It would be great to have 1) a slider/dial of some sort to select exactly how many trainers you want to use, and 2) an indicator of what level you would get to by using the selected number of trainers.

If someone with an older account and posting access could repost this into the Make It So! category, that would be much appreciated!
Posting this for AugPeng as he can't post a discussion yet

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    in the worst case far as i see it itd be like the rep rations when we replicate something 1 possibally mostly wasted only not a big deal to us older players but i do remember a time when i was f2p and did the mental math to keep from wasting rep ration and trainer power as for me they were far more scarce then they are now
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a pleasant UI improvement. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this Khan!

I've been informed that there isn't any danger of "wasting" trainers anymore (i.e. the system will only use however many trainers needed to max a character's level rather than the number you select). Still, I think it would definitely be helpful to have a better way to choose exactly how many trainers you want to use, as well as an indicator of how much training will be done with the selected amount of trainers.
  • Options
    AugPeng wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this Khan!

I've been informed that there isn't any danger of "wasting" trainers anymore (i.e. the system will only use however many trainers needed to max a character's level rather than the number you select). Still, I think it would definitely be helpful to have a better way to choose exactly how many trainers you want to use, as well as an indicator of how much training will be done with the selected amount of trainers.

anytime Ang as i said someone was kind enough to do it for me too =D
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that there is a faster technique to use: tap and hold normally, but as soon as you see the number come up release and quickly tap/hold again.

Also to just point out, there is always a set number of trainers required for a given range of levels. For example, the following is what I use with all of the training bonuses from collections:

Level 1-8: 10 1*
    Level 8-20: 37 1*
    Level 20-30: 65 2*
    Level 30-40: 49 3*
    Level 40-50: 94 3*
    Level 50-60: 33 4*
    Level 60-70: 10 5* or 50 4*
    Level 70-80: 17 5*
    Level 80-90: 26 5*
    Level 90-100: 40ish 5*

Divide these by about three if you only want to (or can) go three levels at a time.
  • Options
    this is great and should be added to the Ready Room for new players!
    Don’t forget that there is a faster technique to use: tap and hold normally, but as soon as you see the number come up release and quickly tap/hold again.

Also to just point out, there is always a set number of trainers required for a given range of levels. For example, the following is what I use with all of the training bonuses from collections:

Level 1-8: 10 1*
    Level 8-20: 37 1*
    Level 20-30: 65 2*
    Level 30-40: 49 3*
    Level 40-50: 94 3*
    Level 50-60: 33 4*
    Level 60-70: 10 5* or 50 4*
    Level 70-80: 17 5*
    Level 80-90: 26 5*
    Level 90-100: 40ish 5*

Divide these by about three if you only want to (or can) go three levels at a time.