Home Engineering Room
Options

Cannot create a thread yet but have an issue? Please post here :)

Comments

• Options
    Thank You Shan!
  • Options
    I have not been able to sign in since last night. I keep getting a 'Server Error' pop up.

'A server error occurred on the remote server. Please try again later, and contact player support if the issue persists.'

Any ideas?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been able to sign in since last night. I keep getting a 'Server Error' pop up.

'A server error occurred on the remote server. Please try again later, and contact player support if the issue persists.'

Any ideas?

It could be a temporary connectivity issue.
    What platform are you playing on? Are you playing on wifi or data?
  • Options
    Switching over to data solved it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hopefully I'll be able to switch back to wifi soon.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching over to data solved it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hopefully I'll be able to switch back to wifi soon.

You are welcome, it is usually a sign that there are indeed potential outages along the lines between your location and ours. I hope it will improve very soon.
  • Options
    ChapagneChapagne ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If not, I would suggest submitting a ticket to CS with your information and requested action. Hope that helps & isn’t telling you what you already knew!

Thank you ~peregrine~! I'm afraid I don't know what CS is or how to submit a ticket. Using the reset button on that account page didn't work.

EDIT: Rats. I can't even quote correctly!
  • Options
    CS + Customer Service. Ticket means have Cs look at a problem. They open a ticket for it.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheap Nag wrote: »
    If not, I would suggest submitting a ticket to CS with your information and requested action. Hope that helps & isn’t telling you what you already knew!

Thank you ~peregrine~! I'm afraid I don't know what CS is or how to submit a ticket. Using the reset button on that account page didn't work.

EDIT: Rats. I can't even quote correctly!

You can contact our Support Team from within the game itself, or by using the link found at the bottom of this page. :)
  • Options
    Is it not possible to let new people make new threads in the support and feedback forums at least? It took me a bit to figure out why I couldn't make a thread (I've had the account a few years but I don't really post)
  • Options
    Alternatively, a similar thread to this in the feedback/suggestion forum would be welcome.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it not possible to let new people make new threads in the support and feedback forums at least? It took me a bit to figure out why I couldn't make a thread (I've had the account a few years but I don't really post)

While there is a notice in your user profile about this, I wish it could be more user friendly.
    But at this time I have not found a better solution yet. Spammers can unfortunately be very relentless.

I can always by private message for assistance. In your case I gave you enough points to reach rank 2 and you will be able to create your own discussions. You will need to sign out and sign back in however. :)
  • Options
    Shan... I just sent in a support ticket for our concerns regarding our fleet. I know you have closed two of my fleetmates threads already. Please know these are not personal attacks on you. We are all just a bit upset that we did not have a clue we were going to be getting a new admiral. Please see and review my ticket. I appreciate everything that you do for all of us and I am hoping you can help make this right again. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    i only came here due to alarming issue with fleet theft happening id like to know what we can do to secure our fleets we put work into (in some cases years) from finding their way into undeserving hands of someone coming in just to hijack it for their own gains, asking here as the thread this issue was brought to light in was closed by the mods.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan... I just sent in a support ticket for our concerns regarding our fleet. I know you have closed two of my fleetmates threads already. Please know these are not personal attacks on you. We are all just a bit upset that we did not have a clue we were going to be getting a new admiral. Please see and review my ticket. I appreciate everything that you do for all of us and I am hoping you can help make this right again. Thank you.

Thank you for submitting a ticket, I understand being upset and I will look into it.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Thank you for submitting a ticket, I understand being upset and I will look into it.

Thank you very much! @Shan
  • Options

hey you wait till you see my Baroness alts name youve helped inspire for its new shame tag =D
  • Options

hey you wait till you see my Baroness alts name youve helped inspire for its new shame tag =D

Hahaha cant wait
  • Options
    ok i cant make a discussion yet not sure how long i have to around to do that but im bringing back an older issue we had back in disaster beacons days far as limiting of letter spaces some of us have fleet tags and squad tags as well as the rip's wed like added into our names squished out by a 30 letter limit can we open back up to say 50-75?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok i cant make a discussion yet not sure how long i have to around to do that but im bringing back an older issue we had back in disaster beacons days far as limiting of letter spaces some of us have fleet tags and squad tags as well as the rip's wed like added into our names squished out by a 30 letter limit can we open back up to say 50-75?

I'll create a thread for this.
    Sorry, but I can't remember what the requirements are for starting a thread.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I'll create a thread for this.
    Sorry, but I can't remember what the requirements are for starting a thread.

thanks lorca
  • Options
    More of a suggestion than an "issue" with the game—if it hasn't been discussed already, I'd like to see a reformatting of the training system. The current click and hold training method is quite tedious, and you always run the risk of wasting trainers by over-training. It would be great to have 1) a slider/dial of some sort to select exactly how many trainers you want to use, and 2) an indicator of what level you would get to by using the selected number of trainers.

If someone with an older account and posting access could repost this into the Make It So! category, that would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    AugPeng, You can't waste trainers over training. At the point you have maxed the training no more trainers will be used. so say you choose to use 10 trainers, but only need 5 the system will only use the 5 needed, not the 10 you tried to use.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AugPeng wrote: »
    More of a suggestion than an "issue" with the game—if it hasn't been discussed already, I'd like to see a reformatting of the training system. The current click and hold training method is quite tedious, and you always run the risk of wasting trainers by over-training. It would be great to have 1) a slider/dial of some sort to select exactly how many trainers you want to use, and 2) an indicator of what level you would get to by using the selected number of trainers.

If someone with an older account and posting access could repost this into the Make It So! category, that would be much appreciated!
    AugPeng, You can't waste trainers over training. At the point you have maxed the training no more trainers will be used. so say you choose to use 10 trainers, but only need 5 the system will only use the 5 needed, not the 10 you tried to use.

This is right. It once was set up that extra trainers would be wasted, but they fixed that. Eventually you'll get to the point where you have more than you can use; but until then trainers are precious.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is right. It once was set up that extra trainers would be wasted, but they fixed that. Eventually you'll get to the point where you have more than you can use; but until then trainers are precious.

Well, to be particularly persnickety, trainers can be wasted, just not in the method that's being discussed. For instance, if you're new-ish in the game, and every trainer is very precious, using a 5* trainer when you could just use a 1* trainer (to get a crew to that max deca-level or final level) is a waste of that higher trainer.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 I agree, but that is not what he was worried about.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

done seeing lorca was kind enough to do it for me ive posted it under Tranier interface in make it so for you aug =D
  • Options

done seeing lorca was kind enough to do it for me ive posted it under Tranier interface in make it so for you aug =D

Happy to see you pay it forward. It's always makes the community a better place. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Happy to see you pay it forward. It's always makes the community a better place. :)

isnt that what a place like this is for helping our fellow trekkers out lorca =D
  • Options
    Before creating a profile on these forums, I bookmarked a few discussion threads for reference. Now when I try to go back to them, the page flashes on the screen for a split second, then I get a white screen with the error message "Client id is the wrong format."

When I type the heading of the thread into the forum search, it doesn't find it. Any ideas what's going on?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Cheap Nag wrote: »
    Before creating a profile on these forums, I bookmarked a few discussion threads for reference. Now when I try to go back to them, the page flashes on the screen for a split second, then I get a white screen with the error message "Client id is the wrong format."

When I type the heading of the thread into the forum search, it doesn't find it. Any ideas what's going on?

Thank you.

I'm not sure, but I can suggest a couple workarounds. The first thing I would try is to sign out, then try those bookmarks again.
    Farewell 🖖