Home Ready Room
Options

List of Previously Used Traits for Mega Events

Captain WoodsCaptain Woods ✭✭
edited October 2020 in Ready Room
I was just wondering if there was any comprehensive list of all the traits that have already been used for Mega Events. I feel like it could be a useful resource when looking at a new crew in a behold in knowing which of the traits have been exhausted or not. I guess Tilting Point could take an unprecedented move and reuse a trait, but I doubt it as there is still a mass of unused traits ready to go. This recent mega also shows that we can be looking at smaller pools for upcoming Megas as well which I think would add even more value to a comprehensive mega trait list. If there is, please let me know, if not, it looks like I'll be spending the next couple days on the Wiki figuring one out myself.

Edited: Whelp, I finally got around to compiling something that's a little bigger than just previously used traits for mega-events. It's more of the general usefulness, of individual traits. Which includes the number of crew with each trait; if it is useful on voyages; if it has been already been featured in an event; and so on. It is still very much a work in progress, look at my more recent comments below for specifics

But if anyone else wants to take this information and run with it to make it more user and owner-friendly be my guest! I just got you a decent start.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14SW29Wu0j3mOJXYpkl9cXROFNI7yeessGw9g3gEXc6o/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• Options
    I haven't been able to find one, either. A search of the keyword "mega-event" in the Starfleet Communications category, seems to result in all of Shan's related topics...for anybody with enough time to look through them all.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you've just volunteered for the job, Captain Woods! :D

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I keep a list of all variant and trait events (dates and types), including how many features each individual crew has had. It doesn't specifically state which were for a mega event, but any trait with four or more events (except Ferengi) have had a mega.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Andorian - Ghosts From the Past
    Astrophysicist - Forever as One
    Augment - Superior Ambition
    Borg - The Process of Assimilation (3/4 events), Cataclysm! [mini-event beta]
    Caregiver - Ripples and Waves
    Cyberneticist - Double Jeopardy
    Discovery Crew - Discovery: A New Anomaly; Ghosts From the Past; From the Ashes; Mudd Amuck
    Dominion - The Hand That Feeds
    Hologram - Photonic Fantasies
    Interrogator - Captive Intent
    Klingon - A Good Day to Lie
    Mirror Universe - Smoke & Mirrors
    Pilot - Presents and Futures
    Prisoner - Captive Intent
    Q Continuum - Desperate Times
    Romulan - All We Become
    Scoundrel - Desperate Times
    Survivalist - Month of Hell
    TOS Bridge Crew - Dreams of Utopia
    Vulcan - All We Become
    Warp Theorist - Ripples and Waves

Also, Section 31 was a trait in week 4 only of Desperate Times.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg - Process of Assimilation ... and the 2-part Borg event around the release of Seven in Silver.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Borg - Process of Assimilation ... and the 2-part Borg event around the release of Seven in Silver.

Natch! I couldn't remember if the Borg trait was a bonus all month in "The Process of Assimilation". I checked the Wiki for the first week's event info and they weren't listed there. Didn't think to check subsequent weeks. In fairness to the Wiki creator(s) for that week 1 page, the Borg trait isn't included in the event notes for that one, either:
    d3okotv67s8f.jpg
    kth3yktribln.jpg
  • Options

Natch! I couldn't remember if the Borg trait was a bonus all month in "The Process of Assimilation". I checked the Wiki for the first week's event info and they weren't listed there. Didn't think to check subsequent weeks. In fairness to the Wiki creator(s) for that week 1 page, the Borg trait isn't included in the event notes for that one, either:
    d3okotv67s8f.jpg
    kth3yktribln.jpg

Only from week 2 onwards ... you are right to state that Zero Hour did not have the Borg trait as a bonus, but as a Galaxy maybe it didn't matter?

Here are the event notes for week 2, Experimental Design (Faction) ... https://stt.wiki/wiki/Experimental_Design ... note that Borg is a trait.

Hence 3 of 4 weeks means I personally count it as a trait used for a mega ... but technically ... :)
  • Options

d3okotv67s8f.jpg
    kth3yktribln.jpg

Only from week 2 onwards ... you are right to state that Zero Hour did not have the Borg trait as a bonus, but as a Galaxy maybe it didn't matter?

Here are the event notes for week 2, Experimental Design (Faction) ... https://stt.wiki/wiki/Experimental_Design ... note that Borg is a trait.

Hence 3 of 4 weeks means I personally count it as a trait used for a mega ... but technically ... :)

I added the notation "(3/4 events)". Figure that covers it. I looked through old forum threads and couldn't find anything about players asking for the Borg trait to be added as a bonus before, during, or after Week 1, or anyone remarking that it had been added in Week 2. That seemed weird.
  • Options

d3okotv67s8f.jpg
    kth3yktribln.jpg

I added the notation "(3/4 events)". Figure that covers it. I looked through old forum threads and couldn't find anything about players asking for the Borg trait to be added as a bonus before, during, or after Week 1, or anyone remarking that it had been added in Week 2. That seemed weird.

Ah ... those days everything was a bit more basic ... :)

The only reason I would think it was so was that just prior to the first mega, I started tracking event crew and event placing (Gods & Masters was the first I made note of). I needed help focussing my levelling/FEing of crew and because we got the event notice well in advance (on Wednesdays if I remember correctly) I'd have a week and a half to level those crew.

Hence, for the second of the event of that mega I've noted Borg as bonus trait: The list goes:
    - Locutus of Borg, Borg Queen, Seven of Nine 5*; Drone Seven of Nine (from the previous week) 4*; Hugh 3*; Seven in Blue 2*.

With Seven in Blue in italics, so the only one I'd FEd (and frozen) ... going by my notes Hugh was the next FEd (and frozen) ... it took me aeons to FE 5* Seven and Locutus. :)
  • Options

d3okotv67s8f.jpg
    kth3yktribln.jpg

Ah ... those days everything was a bit more basic ... :)

The only reason I would think it was so was that just prior to the first mega, I started tracking event crew and event placing (Gods & Masters was the first I made note of). I needed help focussing my levelling/FEing of crew and because we got the event notice well in advance (on Wednesdays if I remember correctly) I'd have a week and a half to level those crew.

Hence, for the second of the event of that mega I've noted Borg as bonus trait: The list goes:
    - Locutus of Borg, Borg Queen, Seven of Nine 5*; Drone Seven of Nine (from the previous week) 4*; Hugh 3*; Seven in Blue 2*.

With Seven in Blue in italics, so the only one I'd FEd (and frozen) ... going by my notes Hugh was the next FEd (and frozen) ... it took me aeons to FE 5* Seven and Locutus. :)

But your Week 1 notations didn't include the Borg trait?

Also, speaking of Hugh, that Week 3 was weird. For those who don't remember or weren't playing then, he was its 3*. He had also been the previous month's threebie. Also, the 2* was Seven in Blue, who had just been in the week 2 thresholds. No one would really bat an eye now, but at the time there was a backlash that it signaled no one at DB was paying any attention to their own game, etc. It legitimately soured some players on that week. Oh, how far we've come!
  • Options

No, no Borg trait for week 1.

Oh ... and the reason I started with Gods and Masters was because the week after came The Genesis Wave ... which for me included an unprecidented number of bonus crew that included Klingons and Vulcans! :)

Those were the days I thought 20 bonus crew for a whole weekend ... including all 1* to 3* crew (that I had frozen) ... was a lot to manage.
    Now I don't make note of anything under 4* and next week sees me with 13 Picard variants amongst 4*s and 5*s ...
  • Options

No, no Borg trait for week 1.

Oh ... and the reason I started with Gods and Masters was because the week after came The Genesis Wave ... which for me included an unprecidented number of bonus crew that included Klingons and Vulcans! :)

Those were the days I thought 20 bonus crew for a whole weekend ... including all 1* to 3* crew (that I had frozen) ... was a lot to manage.
    Now I don't make note of anything under 4* and next week sees me with 13 Picard variants amongst 4*s and 5*s ...

That replay that was weird. The first time, Ambassador Sarek was in the thresholds and the rank table. By time they replayed it, they'd stopped doing that and had different 4*s. Antaak replaced Sarek in the rank table, but was not counted as Featured Crew and only got the smaller 2x bonus for being a Klingon. That's the only time that's been done. Conversely, "Ship of Memory" is the only event to date to have a 3* (Writer Jake Sisko) classified as Featured.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who added input about this! I went a little overboard and created a general usefulness of traits spreadsheet. I currently have all the traits listed, the number of crew with that trait; if it has been used for a mega event; how many total events have featured this trait. If it is needed for a node unlock, and if the trait is used for voyages.
    It's a good start, but if you look at it, you will still it is still very much a work in progress, and there is still TONS that needs to happen to make the sheet more useable. Some things that stick out for me personally:

1) A list of traits used in the gauntlet is necessary to make the analysis more complete. I couldn't find one anywhere.

2) I manually put all this information in. I am not a spreadsheet guru in any way, but I know there are plenty of them on here. Some way to automate the information so it automatically updates when another sheet is updated would be very nice. Counting the number of crew with each trait took up the most time because there are discrepancies on the datacore and the backend stats sheet (for example searching "trait: Human" on DataCore pulled up almost every single crew in the game, including full aliens and the backend sheet has some doubling up on some traits)

3) Looking at the numbers of crew with the hidden show traits would be nice, but not as necessary as it is obvious from the most recent ENT mega, that high numbers of crew will not stop a show mega from happening.

If enough people find this useful, I give full permission for anybody to take this information and do your own thing with it. I didn't do anything special with the coding or anything so its really just raw data. Honestly, it would probably be more helpful as a part of a bigger sheet instead of its own stand-alone sheet, but I am willing to keep it semi updated if enough people are interested until a better option comes along.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14SW29Wu0j3mOJXYpkl9cXROFNI7yeessGw9g3gEXc6o/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    I've added the link to The Kirk Offensive blog. Thank you for your work!
  • Options
    Captain WoodsCaptain Woods ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Just updated the Sheet! Thanks to @Automaton_2000 and a wonderful list of gauntlet traits we now have a more complete trait analysis spreadsheet!

I also became more comfortable with spreadsheets and tried to make it visually easier to read and maintain. I changed it from YES and NO to checkboxes (much easier to maintain) and I color-coded the checkboxes so its easier to immediately identify where the traits are used

I also added a colored scale value to both the number of crew with that trait and the number of events that trait has had. An important note on that scaling for the "number of crew" column: I worked with the assumption that some traits are too populated to get an event feature, because of this, any trait with more than 120 crew is in red instead of the yellow scale value. I am willing to change this number if any of you think that it is too high. I personally don't like events with pools bigger than 70-80 crew though I could see the devs picking one of the traits with as many as 100 crew in it, hence 100 not being the cut-off. I also did this to make it easier to see which traits have more optimal numbers for events. (having the huge outlier of 511 human crew messed up with the color scale). But just because a trait is in red doesn't mean it's a bad trait, there is still often use for it in voyages, gauntlet, etc. Just don't ever expect an event out of those traits.

The sheet is easier to maintain now because of some of the changes I made but the "number of crew" column is still the most difficult to maintain. I know those numbers are close but not perfect. I still would like to eventually add some of the hidden traits as well though that will still be difficult to check.

I also am debating on adding a second tab that tracks how often crew variants get bonuses and what type of events they are featured in. Though that will have to come at another time.

Once again, if you have any input feel free to let me know! I changed the link so anybody can comment on the sheet as well as view. So any input can be added here or directly on the sheet.