Home The Bridge
Options

Offer Wall feedback, and suggestions (title edited ~Shan)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    excellent ideas. Especially raising the cap on dilithium from 224. There is a huge barrier to entry that beginners need to overcome that should be addressed

As for the Wall-o-Dilithium 3rd party "offers":
    At best it screams "tacky" & "desperate"; it's extremely poor optics for TP.
    At worst it's an invasion of privacy for a system -designed- to gather your info but not pay out because you only meet 99% of the required 100% criteria. Support is going to get flooded with tickets both for the system operating as intended (kicking players out after gathering personal info but that person not meeting 100% of the requirements) as well as the system being broken (actual completed offers that never end up paying out the dilithium).

The wall is a a BAD, BAD idea, and makes TP look minor-league and amatuerish

Cap on chronitons, not dilithium.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two threads now with similar titles & I sincerely hope Shan is off from work now, since she can merge these tomorrow after letting us all yap for hours.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two threads now with similar titles & I sincerely hope Shan is off from work now, since she can merge these tomorrow after letting us all yap for hours.

Yeah, the intention of my post was to give TP a clue about other avenues to improve revenue. Really more of a response to the offer wall, not intended to be a “offer wall feedback” thread. It was retitled though, so, yeah.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Yeah, the intention of my post was to give TP a clue about other avenues to improve revenue. Really more of a response to the offer wall, not intended to be a “offer wall feedback” thread. It was retitled though, so, yeah.

I thought you raised several important and debatable points in your Opening Post, so thank you for launching this discussion. I will endeavor to keep my comments on-track in the future, and I apologize if I disrailed your thread. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I thought you raised several important and debatable points in your Opening Post, so thank you for launching this discussion. I will endeavor to keep my comments on-track in the future, and I apologize if I disrailed your thread. 🖖

I suspect the derailing was caused by Shan renaming the thread to something completely different to what it was set up to achieve. Hopefully you will see this comment before I am censored.
  • Options

I suspect the derailing was caused by Shan renaming the thread to something completely different to what it was set up to achieve. Hopefully you will see this comment before I am censored.

Duly noted. Let me know if you need a screenshot of your comment.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I will never use even ad-warp again after this. I spend lots of money on this game directly. Neither WRG or TP need my paltry pennies from ads. I still wish there was a button or preference setting that would allow me to "opt out".
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Well, that certainly explains a lot. And also means they're not going to change a damned thing regardless of how much we complain.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can use their address on those predatory surveys and file enough criminal and civil complains to make the money not worth it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    That's a bad thing about this. They're a marketing company, not a game company, and they have no long-standing tied to this community. There's absolutely nothing in this for them other than money. When they signed on, the game was probably looking like a good deal - maybe it needed a boost financially, or with the right team behind it it could break the bank, or whatever it was that sold them on it. I doubt they bought it because they're Trekkies who spend all their spare time playing video games and wanted to make this better just on that.

So if we make it extremely painful for them, what reason do they have to stay in? We're proving we're going to fight them tooth and nail on an idea they may very well think is a good one, because some other game does an offer wall, and *they're* raking it in, and not in any court battles or whatever.aybe it'd be cheaper for them to shut it down than worry about a lawsuit every time they try something different. That I'm aware of, they have no legal obligation to keep the game up and running. I'm sure they spent a good chunk of change buying the rights, but you also don't spend good money after bad.