Home The Bridge
Options

What is your lowest voyage CHRON total after a 6, 8, or 10 hour dilemma? (Not antimatter)...

SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in The Bridge
253 chrons after the 8 hour dilemma...

qo2mbx3huzj9.png
“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    253 chrons after the 8 hour dilemma...

qo2mbx3huzj9.png

150s or so at 6 hours, that had to be recalled.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    3 Chron after 8 hour I was sure it would fail, I watched the last 7 minutes. And it passed 4 hazards in a row. About 2 months ago.

Last week I had a voyage fail on the last Hazard before the 8. I was certain it would pass with chrons to spare, but the RNG god felt I needed some humility I guess.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    3 Chron after 8 hour I was sure it would fail, I watched the last 7 minutes. And it passed 4 hazards in a row. About 2 months ago.

Last week I had a voyage fail on the last Hazard before the 8. I was certain it would pass with chrons to spare, but the RNG god felt I needed some humility I guess.

I think you mean AM, not chrons.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Unnar Too wrote: »
    Exanimus wrote: »

I think you mean AM, not chrons.

Oops. NM. Lowest after "any" dilemma? Seems like an odd stat. I'm sure the chrons after the other two examples were considerably lower on the two hour dilemma. Maybe I'm not understanding the question still...
  • Options
    I edited the title of the thread. I was thinking of 6, 8, or 10 hour voyages.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    8 or 9 left on my very first 10 hr voyage. I remember watching the last 6ish minutes of it.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha — your title edit apparently didn't accomplish much, SKR.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had about 180-ish after 6 hour the other day. I just decided to abandon that one and start over.

Lowest 8-hour so far has been right around the 400-415 mark. So if you're thinking "nerf", I would tend to agree...to a point.

I did a comparative when I was in stuck voyage hell, (repeat voyage ship/skills/traits over and over.)

It seems if you answer some of the dilemmas the "wrong" way, your chrons get nerfed for the rest of the voyage. It *could* just be bad RNG, but it happened about 6 times in that experiment.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Apparently I don't read :D
    I left one go that I thought would make 10, but failed at 9.5 with around 360 chrons (and no honor of note) so I took the L and didn't bother reviving it. Not at a dilemma but that would likely have put it around maybe 275-300 at 8 hrs? I didn't look at that point.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Haha — your title edit apparently didn't accomplish much, SKR.

I try! 😉

Had about 180-ish after 6 hour the other day. I just decided to abandon that one and start over.

Lowest 8-hour so far has been right around the 400-415 mark. So if you're thinking "nerf", I would tend to agree...to a point.

I did a comparative when I was in stuck voyage hell, (repeat voyage ship/skills/traits over and over.)

It seems if you answer some of the dilemmas the "wrong" way, your chrons get nerfed for the rest of the voyage. It *could* just be bad RNG, but it happened about 6 times in that experiment.

I wasn’t thinking “nerf”, just punishing RNG. I was curious what the worst chron accumulation at each time might be during a voyage? Race to the bottom!

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a screenshot, but either last week or the week before (does time even mean anything in 2020?), I had something like 215 or thereabouts after the 10h dilemma. Whatever the exact figure was, it was just barely beyond what dropped from the dilemmas (four 30 and one 60). I still don't know if I was more surprised than disappointed or more disappointed than surprised.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread about this a while back that was started by @Bylo Band ... a number of players (including me) contributed to gathering data for 6, 8 and 10 (if you could make it or wanted to make 10 hrs) voyages ... all the averages are there in a Google document ...

You can find the thread and link to the document here:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15954/the-voyage-project-part-1/p1

with the link and the google doc ideas starting on pg 4 somewhere ... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zXQKEjrD8cobnVFXvGec-KzpzVrJw4fwoqtx7GbmKoY/edit#gid=0

Basically, the document also tracks the 0* and 1* items you get up until 6 hrs because even though raw Chron total might be less, if you have more (specific) items then you don't need to farm them using your chronitons.

pg 4 of the thread also has a nice summary of the results.

Unfortunately, a Part 2 never came about ...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    There was a thread about this a while back that was started by @Bylo Band ...
    Unfortunately, a Part 2 never came about ...

Do not lose faith, it is coming.
  • Options
    I don't have a screenshot, but either last week or the week before (does time even mean anything in 2020?), I had something like 215 or thereabouts after the 10h dilemma. Whatever the exact figure was, it was just barely beyond what dropped from the dilemmas (four 30 and one 60). I still don't know if I was more surprised than disappointed or more disappointed than surprised.

That sounds like a winner in this race to the bottom contest.

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just made 10 hours. This is fairly low. No 4* dilemmas. I think I had one 3*. At least I have 1 3* crew.
    i0yfytfl7fy6.jpg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, had an "OOPS!!!!!" Forgot to Recall. On the bright side it will now hit ten hours......

dhzxep7948x1.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?