Home Engineering Room
Options

[iOS]Game instant crashes at start up

Comments

• Options
    It's not just STT. All iOS apps that use facebook login are crashing, e.g. Spotify.

I’m not using Facebook login and getting the crash.
  • Options
    not using facebook login here, same crash

it doesn't matter if you personally use it, just whether the app supports it.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    not using facebook login here, same crash

Doesn’t matter (I don’t use FB either) the app uses the SDK.
  • Options
    If it is the Facebook (code) library that is crashing, it’ll affect the app no matter which login method that you use.
  • Options
    It seems it’s affecting iOS only. Android no problems
  • Options
    SarbSarb ✭✭
    Plenty of your apps still connect to FB servers upon opening even if you do not use FB to login to your app. Apparently something similar happened in May, there was a workaround of turning off FB in your DNS servers. Not sure if this is the same deal/fix. Facebook loves their data
  • Options
    Still can’t get in the game....what a joke and during an event....no less!!!
  • Options
    I am having the same problem. I can’t get on either
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so it isn't just me. Same issue, instant crash on IOS
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    You don't have to use FB for their code to run on your device and for them to get data on you. Same with ironSource and offerwall.

Can we please not load these SDKs unless we ask for them? I.e. unless we choose to log in with FB or click on the adwarp/offerwall? Thanks.

thank you on the clarification :smile:
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
  • Options
    So are Android users getting on? If thats the case....this crash for some but not for all....will start a stink!!
  • Options
    I have the same problem on my iphone.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowdett wrote: »
    So are Android users getting on? If thats the case....this crash for some but not for all....will start a stink!!

Yes, but it‘s not TPs fault. Nothing they can do about.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Same for me. I'm the Admiral for U of Michigan fleet. I don't like to be seen to go AWOL. I am using an iPad. Splash screen comes up then it crashes. Anyone heard anything?
  • Options
    KettleKornKettleKorn ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Same here. Crashes on Tilting Point startup screen for iPhone and iPad.
  • Options
    Me too. Can’t start on both iphone and ipad. 😬
  • Options
    LOL getting notifications of shuttles coming in but can’t login - the irony
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Same for me. I'm the Admiral for U of Michigan fleet. I don't like to be seen to go AWOL. I am using an iPad. Splash screen comes up then it crashes. Anyone heard anything?

Too lazy to read back the thread for the cause ? Or did u mean how long it will last? Nobody knows, they are working on it,.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely an iOS issue. I had trouble getting into two other games this morning (both EA games, though those issues resolved with a restart of my phone). Obviously frustrating that I can't get into STT.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see I’m in good company. Crashes at the TP splash screen. Iphone XR. I guess I can wait awhile to see if my 98% shuttles failed.
  • Options
    Same here only Splash screen and then instant crash.
    Suddenly since this morning.
    On Iphone 8
  • Options
    I've got it too, iOS. Updated iOS to latest and that didn't fix it. (Then came here.)
  • Options
    REGREG ✭✭✭
    I am in Australia having loading problems iPad and iPhone
  • Options
    Restarting iPad didn’t help either. Don’t want to uninstall and reinstall the game because the last time I did this, ads disappeared for a month.
  • Options
    Well great....can’t blame TP you say....blame Apple? Lol
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Huge waste of 4 and 5* time boosts for what is now a pointless kickstart
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on iOS, since sometime between 1:00 am - 3:30 am MST.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bowdett wrote: »
    Well great....can’t blame TP you say....blame Apple? Lol

Facebook, since its an Facebook SDK issue.
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/10/21319784/ios-apps-crashing-spotify-tiktok-pinterest-tinder-facebook-sdk-certification-issue

4e34kitpxxc5.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•