Home The Bridge
Options

Animated Themed Mega Event?

The trailer for the new animated series - Star Trek: Lower Decks dropped this week, with the series debut coming up on 6 AUG 2020.

How about an animated themed Mega Event! Between Star Trek: The Animated Series and and now Star Trek: Lower Decks, there would be more than enough content for a Mega Event. It's got my vote!

🖖🏻

ST: LD Trailer - https://www.startrek.com/videos/the-star-trek-lower-decks-trailer-is-reporting-for-duty

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trailer for the new animated series - Star Trek: Lower Decks dropped this week, with the series debut coming up on 6 AUG 2020.

How about an animated themed Mega Event! Between Star Trek: The Animated Series and and now Star Trek: Lower Decks, there would be more than enough content for a Mega Event. It's got my vote!

🖖🏻

ST: LD Trailer - https://www.startrek.com/videos/the-star-trek-lower-decks-trailer-is-reporting-for-duty

Holodeck Waste Disposal Technician......

Somebody make sure Nitpicker Phil knows about this!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would live a TAS/LD hybrid event, but I feel like they're going to follow the Picard route and hold off until October so we know the characters better. So I would settle for a TAS-inspired event featuring the Kzinti as the villains.

But, and more importantly, the trailer looks fantastic and I'm so excited to see this.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, I know I shouldn’t pour gasoline on the fire, but FFS..

If Picard was the nail in the coffin of classic Trek, this new animated series is basically a drunk Rick Sanchez pissing on the grave.
  • Options

If Picard was the nail in the coffin of classic Trek, this new animated series is basically a drunk Rick Sanchez pissing on the grave.

well then we can only hope Strange New Worlds can raise the dead....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    For those upset that CBS is doing a funny Star Trek, Seth MacFarlane already proved it is entirely possible for Star Trek being comedic......

{All while teaching a lot of the "lessons" Star Trek is famous for teaching, but teaching them better.}
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a fan of toons in the game at all so an animated based Mega would be a real turn off for me.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to have promise, some of the bits in that trailer look forced but some were decently funny. Give it a season (or at least a few episodes) before deciding to hate it.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already see where this going. So, one last comment, and then bye.

I get people don't like Disco. I get people don't like Picard. I get people hate Lower Decks without even seeing an episode. Do you know the the solution? It's your TV/Tablet/Desktop/Laptop/Phone/Other Device.

Just don't watch the show or shows you don't want to watch........
    You seem to have misinterpreted what I have said because I didn’t explain my reasoning....sorry about that. I’m not a fan of toons in the game because I dislike the artwork that comes from describing animated characters. I was not commenting in any way of my like or dislike of any animated Trek show,
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to have promise, some of the bits in that trailer look forced but some were decently funny. Give it a season (or at least a few episodes) before deciding to hate it.

Sort of like every other version of Star Trek? I mean, at this point it’s a trope that the new show doesn’t hit its stride until season 3. I want to be wrong this time. 😉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick and Morty is great. Jerry O’ Connell is great and husband of Number One Rebecca Romijn. Also, considering how difficult it is to do live filming in a pandemic you might want to get to liking animated projects. There will be much more in the future.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I can already see where this going. So, one last comment, and then bye.

I get people don't like Disco. I get people don't like Picard. I get people hate Lower Decks without even seeing an episode. Do you know the the solution? It's your TV/Tablet/Desktop/Laptop/Phone/Other Device.

Just don't watch the show or shows you don't want to watch........
    You seem to have misinterpreted what I have said because I didn’t explain my reasoning....sorry about that. I’m not a fan of toons in the game because I dislike the artwork that comes from describing animated characters. I was not commenting in any way of my like or dislike of any animated Trek show,

Wasn't specifically about you or anyone. I just meant a general observation of the disdain for Nu Trek & New Trek that people express.

Also, how about if they a Lower Decks Mega, and the Crew from the show look as good as Rescue Team Uhura?

Again, for clarity, was not mocking your post, or any other.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I just watched DS9’s “The Search” - the season 3 premiere, for the first time in years. Blows all that new trek junk out of the water. Not even comparable.

I don’t care if things go in a new direction. I care when the writing is absolute TALENTLESS TRASH.
  • Options
    I do not yet care about Lower Decks... TAS Mega could be fun.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Never mind, it's not worth engaging anymore
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched DS9’s “The Search” - the season 3 premiere, for the first time in years. Blows all that new trek junk out of the water. Not even comparable.

I don’t care if things go in a new direction. I care when the writing is absolute TALENTLESS TRASH.

DS9 was a wonderful show but there are sadly not going to be new episodes or movies. So your choice is to keep watching reruns or try the new stuff and see if there are things you can like. Discovery has had some great episodes. I would put New Eden up against any trek episode and it would hold up. Plus anything new these days is good considering how many projects have been put on hold. Give it a chance. Eat those green eggs and ham.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they work like this ... but ...

I'd like a Changeling mega ... where the recurring mega crew is a 5* citation ... feel that would be in character with Changelings ... they can turn into whoever they feel like, no?

Will leave it up to TP to come up with a suitable story ... but yeah, hit me up with 4 5* citations plz instead of a bog-standard 5* mega crew (looking at you ... (fill in the blank)).

I'd love that, but not sure they'd be that generous!

How about a Klingon one, where the repeating 5* is replaced with honour? Enough to get you one or cites 5* cites by the end?
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    M'ress and the new Chief Medical Officer from Lower Decks - T'Ana, are both Caitian...so maybe there is hope we can get both added to the game!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they work like this ... but ...

I'd like a Changeling mega ... where the recurring mega crew is a 5* citation ... feel that would be in character with Changelings ... they can turn into whoever they feel like, no?

Will leave it up to TP to come up with a suitable story ... but yeah, hit me up with 4 5* citations plz instead of a bog-standard 5* mega crew (looking at you ... (fill in the blank)).

Did someone say "changeling"? Like the episode: The Changeling!?! Count me in!!

kq1rad0d4pyv.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please NOT. Some more crew from TAS, ok. But please no crew from the „crappy“ new show. I don t like the art style at all.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please NOT. Some more crew from TAS, ok. But please no crew from the „crappy“ new show. I don t like the art style at all.

I have bad news for you. They will continue to add crew from all the new shows, including Lower Decks.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    They did a decent job adapting the animation for characters from TAS (Arex, Away Team Uhura, Thelin, Lucien, Aleek-Om and Bem), I suppose they could do the same for Lower Decks.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I have bad news for you. They will continue to add crew from all the new shows, including Lower Decks.

Let‘s wait for until we actually see any crew from Lower Decks. :p
    •SSR Delta Flyers•