Home Make It So!
Options

Legacy Legendaries

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    (5) New Features ... WRGBen's idea in the recent Timelines Talks ... oh man, one can only hope

Nope ... the 390 Dil or other cheap packs will have to continue to be the "best" way to get in Legacy Legendaries, or the odd re-run event.

1. Unfortunately, the new system does not promote use of your crew (options (1), (3), (4) and (5)), or new ways to actually use your crew (5).

2. Unfortunately, the chance to add stars to crew you already own is tiny, similar to getting those crew in a 5* behold from a Premium Portal actually.

3. No real decisions have been added to the game ... it is, even more, RNG-based ... with fairly forced use of resources every 19 days if you want to stay efficient in Quantum use ... I guess that's the only real decision to be made ... do I want to use up credits, Quantum and Polestars to obtain a random crew if I cannot specify someone I want (most likely)?

Anyway, the more I dig into the new system the fewer benefits I see to addressing Legacy Legendaries. Ah well, back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I planned to give it a little more time. I think the picture won't be clear for another couple weeks, maybe a month. I'm waiting to see how many and what types of polestars I have in that amount of time.

Still... Your comments about not using more of our crew will undeniably remain the case. And getting Legacy Legendaries will come at the expense of passing up newer, more relevant crew.

You mention the 390 packs, but those have been old 6-crew Tuesday packs lately. That's hardly favorable in helping to target specific crew and get a Decrepit Legendary to the freezer.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I think it's worth pointing out that while the whole Crew Retrieval system is neat, in principle, it doesn't really solve the problem. Crew Retrieval will be used in almost all cases to target the best crew.

For illustration, I would love to be able to clear a lot of these useless legendaries from my crew roster. Let's take Orion Vina for instance. She's been a waste of space since her debut into my crew quarters in December 2016. Somewhere along the way I got a second star on her. I don't know where or when. But it's been four years now and she's still not halfway to the freezer. I would love nothing more than to get her immortalized so that I can shove her into the freezer so hard she leaves a permanent imprint on the back wall. But I would never do that through Crew Retrieval. Not when I'm missing a Captain Killy from my roster. Not when my Wrathful Kirk needs a couple more stars. Not when I've got a deficiency in my Eng/Med voyage pair that Nanoprobe Phlox can help shore up.

So Crew Retrieval really doesn't solve any underlying problem. All it does is give us another avenue to grab some of the great crew that we either missed or don't have the honor to cite. And even then, the time investment into getting the right combination of polestars means we're still going to have to luck into the crew that we really want.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] Yeah, I've not been paying attention to packs anymore since I stopped buying Campaigns (Determined Paris was the first I didn't buy) and so my influx of Dil is very minimal at present. :)

But, yes, also @&lt;TGE> Draxide ... I do see the positives ... I mean I just added a * to Captain Lorian (now 2/5) ... I 100% agree, you want to target the best crew, especially right after a portal update ... and normally a player will be targeting someone they don't own but would like to have (e.g. Prisoner Kim, EV Suit Worf etc.).

I think crew like Orion Vina (who I have 4/5) will only get a look if you happen to get their Constellation AND then get their unique trait(s) ... for Vina that's Orion (rare trait) and Human (common trait) ... while at the same time there not being better options to spend your near max. Quantum.
    So that is two pretty rare occurrences that need to happen in succession ... :)

I really like the use of traits as a key feature ... but I would have preferred to use crew with those traits to go out (al la voyages) to find Polestars with the traits associated with that journey to a distant Constellation.
    The better the crew I send out the higher the chance of them coming back with those Polestars because they are out for longer ... if not they only return with 2 of 5 (for example).

This is already basically built-in with a scan's "chance of success" that slowly increases the more you scan (i.e. over time).
    Ah well ...