Animal Lovers or Alcoholic Collection

2»

Comments

• Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    zlhmalfgfj2z.jpg
    Yees!
    nvpwd932oke8.gif

Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    Im sure I forgot some crewmembers...

Animal Lovers Collection:

Amanda Rogers
    Archer and Porthos
    Arjin
    B-4
    Captain Lucero
    Dr. Phlox
    Gary Seven
    Lady Beverly
    Lewis Zimmerman
    Picard and Number One
    Trader Odo
    Tribble Herder Scotty

Alcoholic Collection:

Ambassador Shras
    Commander Kor
    Commander Troi
    Convergence Day Quark
    Emotion Chip Data
    General Martok
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard
    Jodmos
    Klingon Neelix
    Klingon O'Brien
    Lenara Kahn
    Marshal of France Q
    Mirror Empress Sato
    Promoted Sisko
    RAF Miles O'Brien

Don't forget Imprinted Archer
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Amanda Rogers
    Archer and Porthos
    Arjin
    B-4
    Captain Lucero
    Dr. Phlox
    Gary Seven
    Lady Beverly
    Lewis Zimmerman
    Picard and Number One
    Trader Odo
    Tribble Herder Scotty

Alcoholic Collection:

Ambassador Shras
    Commander Kor
    Commander Troi
    Convergence Day Quark
    Emotion Chip Data
    General Martok
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard
    Jodmos
    Klingon Neelix
    Klingon O'Brien
    Lenara Kahn
    Marshal of France Q
    Mirror Empress Sato
    Promoted Sisko
    RAF Miles O'Brien

I thought about him myself, but those are baby sentient creatures rather than animals he’s got crawling on him.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Amanda Rogers
    Archer and Porthos
    Arjin
    B-4
    Captain Lucero
    Dr. Phlox
    Gary Seven
    Lady Beverly
    Lewis Zimmerman
    Picard and Number One
    Trader Odo
    Tribble Herder Scotty

Alcoholic Collection:

Ambassador Shras
    Commander Kor
    Commander Troi
    Convergence Day Quark
    Emotion Chip Data
    General Martok
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard
    Jodmos
    Klingon Neelix
    Klingon O'Brien
    Lenara Kahn
    Marshal of France Q
    Mirror Empress Sato
    Promoted Sisko
    RAF Miles O'Brien

I thought about him myself, but those are baby sentient creatures rather than animals he’s got crawling on him.

Yeah. That was a little specist.......

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Thot Moses wrote: »
    "Cheers!" Collection.

There might be a copyright issue with that.

My idea on a name would be Bottom's Up
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a 100% not sure about the No Regrets Picard thing and if no one else remembers it, I'm probably wrong and my memory played a trick on me.

I still don't think that we'll get a collection of people drinking alcohol, but personally I'd like it a lot, so I hope I'm wrong on that too :sweat_smile:

Ben absolutely said No Regrets Picard was rejected over violence in the Timelines Stream. I'd have to go back and find the exact clip, but I'm positive he mentioned it there. I think it was a discussion about crew creation process and rejected characters overall.
  • Options
    Slick wrote: »
    "Cheers!" Collection.

I doubt the ancient Swedes would sue. Too busy hoisting mead.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm a 100% not sure about the No Regrets Picard thing and if no one else remembers it, I'm probably wrong and my memory played a trick on me.

I still don't think that we'll get a collection of people drinking alcohol, but personally I'd like it a lot, so I hope I'm wrong on that too :sweat_smile:

Ben absolutely said No Regrets Picard was rejected over violence in the Timelines Stream. I'd have to go back and find the exact clip, but I'm positive he mentioned it there. I think it was a discussion about crew creation process and rejected characters overall.

Well, that is kind of stupid. No offense to anyone. But, that is kind of stupid. Borg'Lanna is holding a fracking head.......

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Assimilated_Torres

That moment was proved in "Tapestry" to be the cusp Event that got Picard on the track that made him Picard......

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Well, that is kind of stupid. No offense to anyone. But, that is kind of stupid. Borg'Lanna is holding a fracking head.......

That moment was proved in "Tapestry" to be the cusp Event that got Picard on the track that made him Picard......

Forget the damn fusion speculation for a minute. Why on earth would you want to have a card where the character is stabbed through the heart, graphically? Why on earth would you want to see that?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Forget the damn fusion speculation for a minute. Why on earth would you want to have a card where the character is stabbed through the heart, graphically? Why on earth would you want to see that?

As I said, it was THE cusp event that defined Picard's entire life. Why would you pay programmers and artists to design a Crew reflecting such a key moment in someone's life, let it leak out that you did that, then decide not to release it for reasons inconsistent with Crew that have already been released?

That kind of decision should make people consider if giving their money to DB/TP/WRG/WTWBCNW is a wise investment of those funds. They literally just said they wasted all money invested in making the Crew design......

It's not about whether if I personally want the Crew or not. It's about a company that jumped into bed with a company with somewhat of a questionable reputation, just because the mattress was stuffed with money, turning around and saying "Dur, we make questionable decisions and waste money."

• Options

As I said, it was THE cusp event that defined Picard's entire life. Why would you pay programmers and artists to design a Crew reflecting such a key moment in someone's life, let it leak out that you did that, then decide not to release it for reasons inconsistent with Crew that have already been released?

That kind of decision should make people consider if giving their money to DB/TP/WRG/WTWBCNW is a wise investment of those funds. They literally just said they wasted all money invested in making the Crew design......

It's not about whether if I personally want the Crew or not. It's about a company that jumped into bed with a company with somewhat of a questionable reputation, just because the mattress was stuffed with money, turning around and saying "Dur, we make questionable decisions and waste money."

So, you want to see that. Good to know.

“Have a nice day.”
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know how Picard survives such an assault, but that super-duper important vedic who gets stabbed on the promenade of DS9 is pronounced hopelessly dead from a wimpy attack about 10 seconds after the stabbing. It is as if Bashir wasn't even trying.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

So, you want to see that. Good to know.

“Have a nice day.”

Never said I "wanted" to see that. Just made observations about a Crew we know was obviously designed, and has now been cancelled. I don't know why my observations about that fact turned into me binging Shudder or something.

Removed other comments which were kind of personal, with my apologies. I took your repeated statements about me and the discussion as personal attacks, and I responded poorly.

Apologies and wish you clear skies!!!!!

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿
  • Options
    I just want to know how Picard survives such an assault, but that super-duper important vedic who gets stabbed on the promenade of DS9 is pronounced hopelessly dead from a wimpy attack about 10 seconds after the stabbing. It is as if Bashir wasn't even trying.

And didn't Bashir say "He's dead, Ben" after scanning him with a tricorder? Even though earlier in the series, he had indicated tricorders weren't reliable to distinguish mostly dead from really dead?!?!?

• Options
    *disengages*

• Options
    A Tribble Uhura would be nice, considering she (after Cyrano) was responsible for the Tribble outbreak. He's probably not a lover, but the image of Kirk buried under Tribbles would be a fun visual.
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭

There are many examples in both directions where it just doesn't fit, you're right. It's not Bashir, all other Trek doctors are "guilty" of the same thing. But then, remember it's a TV show. If someone lives or can miraculously be saved only depends on what the plot and the meaning of the story need.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options

It's fairly dramatic, and whilst not iconic, certainly a memorable bit on TNG.

Of the course, if you mindcraft the game, it'd be a useless card...

Admiral Knottcomptant: "Look at this Picard"
    No Regrets Picard leans over the admiral
    Admiral Knottcomptant: "I hope you've got that damned blade still sticking through you, or I'm going to spending time with HR and a sexual harassment panda"

Lt Knottdeadyet is about to step into the turbolift, but finds No Regrets Picard shrugging awkwardly and apologetically, because there's not much room with a Nausicaan blade sticking through him.

Aaaaand so on.

The artwork would be good in a storyline, but as a card? Makes no sense.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could call it a "Cocktail Collection" if they wanted one without sounding too improper
  • Options
    furyd wrote: »

It's fairly dramatic, and whilst not iconic, certainly a memorable bit on TNG.

Of the course, if you mindcraft the game, it'd be a useless card...

Admiral Knottcomptant: "Look at this Picard"
    No Regrets Picard leans over the admiral
    Admiral Knottcomptant: "I hope you've got that damned blade still sticking through you, or I'm going to spending time with HR and a sexual harassment panda"

Lt Knottdeadyet is about to step into the turbolift, but finds No Regrets Picard shrugging awkwardly and apologetically, because there's not much room with a Nausicaan blade sticking through him.

Aaaaand so on.

The artwork would be good in a storyline, but as a card? Makes no sense.

The Nausicaan would have been a part of the card too, so he would have had a blade sticking out of his chest and a Nausicaan attached to the other end of it.

But apart from the weirdness of the card itself (we have Captain Proton's ship flying around in the arena) the card would have been more graphic than most of the others in the game. Assimilated Torres is holding a Borg head, but she's not represented in the act of decapitating someone.

Personally, I would have been ok with No Regrets Picard, the same way I wouldn't have an issue with a collection called "Alcoholics" but I can see why others might find it uncomfortable and why TP would choose to avoid those things.
    Without getting into the ethics of Star Trek, this game and its player community, it seems like Timelines wants to be a game for everyone, so it only makes sense that they would avoid things that are potentially controversial or could be uncomfortable for some of their players.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might have something about the rating of the game to. That card might have bumped it up a notch and cost players.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    The Nausicaan would have been a part of the card too, so he would have had a blade sticking out of his chest and a Nausicaan attached to the other end of it.

I'd forgotten that, that'd make things even more awkward!

No Regrets Picard getting some high level intel on a mission? "Don't mind Bob, he's just stabbing me through the heart Admiral, you know how things are in a temporal crisis"

Or on the toilet. There'd be some high level yoga position required for when No Regrets Picard needed to drop Number Two off at the "pool"

Nausicaan Bob: "Gahhhh! Did you have to eat all that spicy stuff? We do have a sense of smell you know"

Picard: *whistles* "I have no regrets! Ohhh, it's Neelix's taco's tonight"

Nausicaan Bob: "Kill me. Please."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »

I'd forgotten that, that'd make things even more awkward!

No Regrets Picard getting some high level intel on a mission? "Don't mind Bob, he's just stabbing me through the heart Admiral, you know how things are in a temporal crisis"

Or on the toilet. There'd be some high level yoga position required for when No Regrets Picard needed to drop Number Two off at the "pool"

Nausicaan Bob: "Gahhhh! Did you have to eat all that spicy stuff? We do have a sense of smell you know"

Picard: *whistles* "I have no regrets! Ohhh, it's Neelix's taco's tonight"

Nausicaan Bob: "Kill me. Please."

He’d have to sit backward, the Nausicaan would be too big to try and squat on the tank without falling over. :)
  • Options
    It might have something about the rating of the game to. That card might have bumped it up a notch and cost players.

That makes sense.

• Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    "Cheers!" Collection.

Cheers, the television show. I really thought that was obvious. Who knew the ancient Swedes spoke English? (eyeroll)
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    "Cheers!" Collection.

Cheers, the television show. I really thought that was obvious. Who knew the ancient Swedes spoke English? (eyeroll)

I was thinking "Skaol" predated the English. Was like a joke.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    😁😃😁😃😁🤳