Jodmos
Klingon Neelix
Klingon O'Brien
Lenara Kahn
Marshal of France Q
Mirror Empress Sato
Promoted Sisko
RAF Miles O'Brien
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    We shouldn t have a collection based on Drug (ab)use. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    A new Morn legendary for the alcoholic collection perhaps?
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make It So for the animal lovers. The other one, not so much. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of booze in this game means half the cards are alcoholics.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure alcoholic is the right word for most of them. "Alcohol enthusiast" maybe?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of booze in this game means half the cards are alcoholics.

I'm not even making a joke. Didn't we have to use some form of ETOH beverage to make something for Kestra?!?!?

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    While I'd personally find a collection of intoxicated people funny, I don't think we can expect it. Especially if it's true that they didn't release No Regrets Picard because of concerns about the violent imagery (do I remember this correctly? I think I read it somewhere). I don't think hints to substance abuse are very likely to make it into the game.

But they could create a "Festive" collection that would also include a bunch of people holding drinks. Or a "dressed-up" collection, with characters in dress uniform or other formal clothes (and less drinks, I guess, but it would still be a nice one).
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'd personally find a collection of intoxicated people funny, I don't think we can expect it. Especially if it's true that they didn't release No Regrets Picard because of concerns about the violent imagery (do I remember this correctly? I think I read it somewhere). I don't think hints to substance abuse are very likely to make it into the game.

I'd forgotten all about that. Last I knew, the only statement was not to get our hopes up because the crew in that leak were not necessarily going to be added. There was no elaboration. Most have been, but there are myriad reasons why neither No Regrets Picard or the Nausicaan have appeared. I doubt it's violence, given Assimilated Torres holds a decapitated head. Picard was an ensign in that scene, so maybe that "lower decks" mega that has been hypothesized elsewhere is in the offing. Then again, like Assimilated Spock they may only exist for behind-the-scenes purposes.
  • Options

I'd forgotten all about that. Last I knew, the only statement was not to get our hopes up because the crew in that leak were not necessarily going to be added. There was no elaboration. Most have been, but there are myriad reasons why neither No Regrets Picard or the Nausicaan have appeared. I doubt it's violence, given Assimilated Torres holds a decapitated head. Picard was an ensign in that scene, so maybe that "lower decks" mega that has been hypothesized elsewhere is in the offing. Then again, like Assimilated Spock they may only exist for behind-the-scenes purposes.

I think it was mentioned in one of the Timelines Talks streams (the one with Ben maybe?). BUT I'm not a 100% sure and it might just have been someone's speculation on Discord.
  • Options

I think it was mentioned in one of the Timelines Talks streams (the one with Ben maybe?). BUT I'm not a 100% sure and it might just have been someone's speculation on Discord.

Ah. I haven't watched any of the Talks and I'm not on Discord. It's entirely possible I'm just out of date.
  • Options
    Ben apparently said "No No Rugrats Picard" when he did the Timelines Talk. I didn't see if he said why or not......

• Options
    Ben apparently said "No No Rugrats Picard" when he did the Timelines Talk. I didn't see if he said why or not......

My guess is it was in reference to "Rascals", and the question whether of Kestra Riker-Troi signaled that young Picard, Guinan, Keiko, and/or Ro were on the table. I would also guess they're not at this time because of a lack of interest on the design team's part.
  • Options
    Can we get someone holding a Tribble in one hand, and a single malt Scotch in the other?

Both Collections........

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I'm a 100% not sure about the No Regrets Picard thing and if no one else remembers it, I'm probably wrong and my memory played a trick on me.

I still don't think that we'll get a collection of people drinking alcohol, but personally I'd like it a lot, so I hope I'm wrong on that too :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a weapons collection
  • Options
    I feel like the question of whether it's appropriate to have a collection of boozers is answered by the fact there are already enough boozers in the game to constitute a collection. Along those lines, I have new crew/fuse suggestions:

ega8p1vwf19h.jpg
    +
    zlhmalfgfj2z.jpg
    =
    i8evw34rzarr.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the question of whether it's appropriate to have a collection of boozers is answered by the fact there are already enough boozers in the game to constitute a collection. Along those lines, I have new crew/fuse suggestions:

ega8p1vwf19h.jpg
    +
    zlhmalfgfj2z.jpg
    =
    i8evw34rzarr.jpg

The ship battle ability: "It Is Green"
  • Options
    I could go with “Convivialist”, as opposed to the other. Cheers! 🍻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »

ega8p1vwf19h.jpg
    +
    zlhmalfgfj2z.jpg
    =
    i8evw34rzarr.jpg

The ship battle ability: "It Is Green"

It should add to Evasion but have a minor Accuracy penalty and they should all have it.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a drinkers collection, but calling it alcoholics might be a stretch!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    "hitting the sauce" collection sounds better than "alcoholic" IMO. But to the people saying O'brien isn't an alcoholic he's just Irish.... He infused chewing gum with scotch... 'nuff said
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    "hitting the sauce" collection sounds better than "alcoholic" IMO. But to the people saying O'brien isn't an alcoholic he's just Irish.... He infused chewing gum with scotch... 'nuff said

I’d probably call it Festive Pursuits or something more generally party-themed rather than “alcoholic.” Maybe even expand the scope a bit - characters like RAF O’Brien who are depicted with adult beverages, those that are dancing (Uhura, Chekov, and even Mambo Picard), or are otherwise dressed up for a fancy party.
  • Options

Or rename the Sherwood Forest collection to "Merry Men", and then we can have a "Very Merry Men" collection.
  • Options

'Cause he's Irish!!!!!

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

🤳🤳🤳🤳🤳

• Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    We shouldn t have a collection based on Drug (ab)use. 🤗

True. OTOH, we need vast amounts of alcohol to craft many items that characters require - even character that don't drink, as apparently any poems etc. depend on alcohol in this game. That that, light, I don't see a big problem with a alcoholics collection any more.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just have one of crew holding a drink and call it "To Your Health". They are making toasts. All the boosts would be geared towards diplomacy.
    The one with animals sounds fun. Maybe we could have a collection crew like Davenport. Yar and her cat or Worf and the targ maybe....ooohh, Spock and Ichaya!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten Forward Collection perhaps
  • Options
    Ten Forward Collection perhaps

+1
  • Options
    "Cheers!" Collection.