Home Ready Room

CAB (STT) Power Ratings Tool

Comments

• Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in the interim, players looking at this resource are going to think that Gary Mitchell is the 30th best overall crew when admittedly there is a flaw in your formulae? Can you add a disclaimer somewhere about this issue? @(A) Traveling Man
  • I have just pushed out a formula update to the Gauntlet ratings that take into account the low end of the prof score as well. This impacted ALL of the Overall ratings as well.

Gary Mitchell is a difficult case. While on the low end, he is terrible - on the high end he is great. So he does still have some Gauntlet value in some cases. His score may still be higher than some would like, but I think it is now more appropriate.

sobhbd2rlkqx.png

I think this change is going to make the Gauntlet score a bit more accurate at the end of the day, which is a good thing.

At least, until the next crew that breaks the mold is released....
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    It appears that your resource has been affected by the ongoing Wiki issue. For example, when I tapped on Emory Erickson’s name, here …

Wiki links are updated. Thanks for the heads up, and sorry for the delay. Blame Gary Mitchell!

Where is a boulder when I need one...
    CABTools.app

• 9gcjjeuc60jf.png

Primal Instinct has also been added.
    CABTools.app
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    9gcjjeuc60jf.png

Primal Instinct has also been added.

Looks like you found your flow :) . Thank you for your good work. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Looks like you found your flow :) . Thank you for your good work. 🖖

Thanks, it is getting better!

CABTools.app
  • n204ty7epur4.png
    CABTools.app
  • loe3xclgq9xe.png
    CABTools.app
  • z79373dtdb6m.png
    CABTools.app
  • 62xp1s8caaxs.png
    CABTools.app
  • iv1k9z4cprgh.png
    CABTools.app
  • kvo0oqklz43w.png
    CABTools.app
  • Criminals have had their Ov increased .1 for the new collection.
    CABTools.app
  • qcu7hcwn1uzj.png

Also a few improvements have been pushed out to the main page. It should load faster now, and display more information on mobile devices.

Also, if you click or tap the row, you should get a few additional details about the crew.
    CABTools.app
  • qcu7hcwn1uzj.png

Also a few improvements have been pushed out to the main page. It should load faster now, and display more information on mobile devices.

Also, if you click or tap the row, you should get a few additional details about the crew.

As long as we're talking about improvements, something that would help me a lot is if all the rankings had the rank, of the card, and the total number of ranks possible. In other words, it would help me greatly if, say, Dexa was Ov. 1/516. IE, her overall rank is one, out of 516 legendary cards. That way, I can, at a glance, know how impressive (or not) a card is. Please and thank you. Keep up the good work 💪
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • lf874zyq7yeq.png
    CABTools.app
  • yqpkp37bmp09.png
    CABTools.app
  • Thanks for your work on this, I really like using this tool as part of considering which crew to go for / beholds, etc.
  • Sorry for the delay on this one - was out camping, and totally away from the internet:

wac7oeoo20nj.png

Thanks for your work on this, I really like using this tool as part of considering which crew to go for / beholds, etc.

You are welcome, I am glad I find it useful!
    As long as we're talking about improvements, something that would help me a lot is if all the rankings had the rank, of the card, and the total number of ranks possible. In other words, it would help me greatly if, say, Dexa was Ov. 1/516. IE, her overall rank is one, out of 516 legendary cards. That way, I can, at a glance, know how impressive (or not) a card is. Please and thank you. Keep up the good work 💪

I am working on ways of presenting more data on the page - as always, the continual balance between as much data as possible and useful data is a fine one. I have wrestled with how to accomplish exactly what you are describing, but the result would be a lot of repeated information. Like each legendary card would have a /516 after every score. Good info - but how to incorporate it so that isn't on every line is the challenge!

It will improve!
    CABTools.app
  • csz4ydetk9vm.png
    CABTools.app
  • 3cdno31jtosd.png

CABTools.app
  • Sorry for the delay on this one - was out camping, and totally away from the internet:

wac7oeoo20nj.png

Thanks for your work on this, I really like using this tool as part of considering which crew to go for / beholds, etc.

You are welcome, I am glad I find it useful!

I am working on ways of presenting more data on the page - as always, the continual balance between as much data as possible and useful data is a fine one. I have wrestled with how to accomplish exactly what you are describing, but the result would be a lot of repeated information. Like each legendary card would have a /516 after every score. Good info - but how to incorporate it so that isn't on every line is the challenge!

It will improve!

I would argue that, at least in this case, the repeated/redundant info works. But, as ever, you are the artist and I am the audience. You make it how you like and I will adapt ^_^
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    edited November 2021
    c7cdg4lpruk9.png
    CABTools.app
  • Out of curiosity.
    When you say a crew is ranked xx in voyage. Is that from base point of view or with current max stat bonusses?
  • NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Out of curiosity.
    When you say a crew is ranked xx in voyage. Is that from base point of view or with current max stat bonusses?

Base!
    CABTools.app
  • Sad to see that because their rank can change dramatically with all the statboosting making them significally stronger/weaker than they appear at first glance
    Sad to see that because their rank can change dramatically with all the statboosting making them significally stronger/weaker than they appear at first glance

Unfortunately, I don't have a way for accounting for every player's individual stat boosts, so base was the only real uniform way to present the information.

The Ratings aren't meant to be a precise, fine-tuned guide, but rather an indication of overall strength. Chances are, if you have enough crew finished to max out your stats, you don't need this for anything more than a flag indicating when a new crew is worth looking at or not. It does that job just fine as well!
    CABTools.app
    edited December 2021
    Stat correction: Corrected Rating for Burnham will be posted in a bit.
    CABTools.app
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    WUT? Rank 36 and datacore says 139 for voyages. Huge difference.

Edit just made a calculation on my own comparing it to tribble herder scotty and the difference is 4 or 5 voyage points(Unboosted) and he is placed at my personal list @ 33rd with almost all boosts and burnham at 129th when she is done.

So you are actually both correct since you calculate in 2 different ways.
    Was just surprised the huge difference in the ranking
    WUT? Rank 36 and datacore says 139 for voyages. Huge difference.

Edit just made a calculation on my own comparing it to tribble herder scotty and the difference is 4 or 5 voyage points(Unboosted) and he is placed at my personal list @ 33rd with almost all boosts and burnham at 129th when she is done.

So you are actually both correct since you calculate in 2 different ways.
    Was just surprised the huge difference in the ranking

I was going to point out the differences - however, I think there is still an issue. I just this week changed the update process to get data up faster. Something isn't right - triple checking.
    CABTools.app