Home The Bridge
Options

Captain Killy Special.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in The Bridge
She was the best money I spent in game, and I paid full price for her.

At £7.44 if you spend any money in game, spend it on her if you don't already have her.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    She was the best money I spent in game, and I paid full price for her.

At £7.44 if you spend any money in game, spend it on her if you don't already have her.

I picked her up for my alt. Sure would have like to have her before that skirmish, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised she wasn’t the offer before the skirmish.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got her at 4/5*. For most crew that never make voyages or shuttles I’d jump at the chance to get that final star and open up a crew slot, but she’s going nowhere thanks to her special Arena/Skirmish utility. I think I might pass, actually, but would strongly recommend her for anyone who doesn’t have at least one of the ship battle aces like Killy, RPC, Garth, or Fury Kes.

More intriguing to me is the offer for The Keeper. I admit that I have used my immortal Keeper less frequently these days than when I first pushed for immortalization. However, anyone needing a MED/SCI boost for voyages, SCI help in the Gauntlet, or even could use help for MED/COM or SCI/COM voyages is likely to get some benefit from having their own Keeper.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still on the fence about this. Spending the $ to add a * to get Killy to 3/5 really doesn't seem worth it, but could be next time she shows up in a behold...but that could be never. [sigh]
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I bought both of them. I had Killy at one star and usually don’t buy to add stars but if I like the character I will. I did not have the keeper so that was an easy buy.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 2 Garths (5/5 and 2/5) and Kes (2/5) I do not even consider Killy with 0 stars to start from. I do not even use the second Garth or Kes. This is ironic as she was my most wanted crew for a long time.

The Keeper on the other hand I have at 2/5. On the fence, for the sake of getting closer to completion yes, but (s)he is on like position 50 of my citation list, so these could be totally wasted 10 $. Hmmm I will sleep over it.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I tossed out Killy from my arena crew because she reduces evasion which sometimes turns my battles into a loss. Garth, Covert Operative Leland, Survivalist Kirk, and Vulcan Executioner all give 400% instant damage and they aren't restricted to specific triggers (which is why I won't use T'kuvma either). I tried Dr Chaotica but he takes too long to initialize.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 2 Garths (5/5 and 2/5) and Kes (2/5) I do not even consider Killy with 0 stars to start from. I do not even use the second Garth or Kes. This is ironic as she was my most wanted crew for a long time.

The Keeper on the other hand I have at 2/5. On the fence, for the sake of getting closer to completion yes, but (s)he is on like position 50 of my citation list, so these could be totally wasted 10 $. Hmmm I will sleep over it.

It's nice that we now have the option to sleep on it.

Very much this. I love the longer offer duration.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that Keeper is an Exobiologist...
  • Options

Even among all the MED/SCI options I have among my Exobiologists, The Keeper still comes in behind only Amanda Rogers and Torpedo Surgeon McCoy - Bones and his OP MED score is the only other one to get close to those three. And that’s with being a proficiency-heavy crew. Even at 1/5*, a Keeper could still be quite awesome for many players.

Fun Bones facts from looking at my bonus crew spreadsheet:

-Bones is going to be my #1 SEC/MED option by almost 700 points over Mirror Phlox.
    -Bones is #3 for COM/MED behind my twin Reverend Phloxes.
    -Bones has a higher ENG/MED score for this event than Amanda Rogers does (granted, those are her second and third skills).
    -Bones is my #5 DIP/MED option after the two Rev Phloxes, Crell Moset, and a 4/5* Vahar’ai Saru.
    -Bones’ bonus MED score is higher than a skill combo score for the following: Mountaineer Spock’s COM/ENG, M-113 Creature’s DIP/SEC, and LtC Jadzia Dax’s DIP/ENG.

Also, this event has me sorely lacking in bonus crew for COM/SEC (Gladiator Spock’s bonus SEC is only a little ahead of High Roller Sisko and Rescue Steam Uhura’s combined non-bonus scores), COM/ENG (only Mountaineer Spock is well ahead of Laborer Kirk and Amelia Earhart), and SEC/ENG (Gladiator Spock again is just a hair past Ba’ul and Bounty Hunter Mudd). We’ll see how the seats shake out...you’d think we’re in for a heavy dose of MED, SCI, and DIP but I will never forget the conspicuous lack of Romulan engineers from the Vulcan/Romulan mega.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭

Even among all the MED/SCI options I have among my Exobiologists, The Keeper still comes in behind only Amanda Rogers and Torpedo Surgeon McCoy - Bones and his OP MED score is the only other one to get close to those three. And that’s with being a proficiency-heavy crew. Even at 1/5*, a Keeper could still be quite awesome for many players.

Fun Bones facts from looking at my bonus crew spreadsheet:

-Bones is going to be my #1 SEC/MED option by almost 700 points over Mirror Phlox.
    -Bones is #3 for COM/MED behind my twin Reverend Phloxes.
    -Bones has a higher ENG/MED score for this event than Amanda Rogers does (granted, those are her second and third skills).
    -Bones is my #5 DIP/MED option after the two Rev Phloxes, Crell Moset, and a 4/5* Vahar’ai Saru.
    -Bones’ bonus MED score is higher than a skill combo score for the following: Mountaineer Spock’s COM/ENG, M-113 Creature’s DIP/SEC, and LtC Jadzia Dax’s DIP/ENG.

Also, this event has me sorely lacking in bonus crew for COM/SEC (Gladiator Spock’s bonus SEC is only a little ahead of High Roller Sisko and Rescue Steam Uhura’s combined non-bonus scores), COM/ENG (only Mountaineer Spock is well ahead of Laborer Kirk and Amelia Earhart), and SEC/ENG (Gladiator Spock again is just a hair past Ba’ul and Bounty Hunter Mudd). We’ll see how the seats shake out...you’d think we’re in for a heavy dose of MED, SCI, and DIP but I will never forget the conspicuous lack of Romulan engineers from the Vulcan/Romulan mega.

I actually looked at my event shuttle pairs, and at 2/5 (I currently have him at 1/5), Keeper does not break top 20 for Sci/Med seats for me. And I have not factored in Pappa La Forge, Larkin or the share yet.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killy is one of a select few that are spectacular in skirmishes. I would recommend getting her and immortalizing her for anyone lacking two of these 6 second attackers like Killy, Garth, and Rura Penthe Commandant. Skirmishes make up quite a few events. I use my Killy with Garth of Izar and an accuracy person and they work great.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Killy is one of a select few that are spectacular in skirmishes. I would recommend getting her and immortalizing her for anyone lacking two of these 6 second attackers like Killy, Garth, and Rura Penthe Commandant. Skirmishes make up quite a few events. I use my Killy with Garth of Izar and an accuracy person and they work great.

Event Crew, Garth/Killy/Sarek/Kirk. Whichever 400% Sledgehammers match the seats.

Last weekend was Baby Q, then Worf. With Garth, Killy and Sarek, IIRC.......
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Between Rura Penthe Commendant and Garth, Killy is useful, but not the must have that she used to be.

If we are trying to break the tie between the crew in this logjam, Killy is the clear winner. IMO it goes...

Killy > RPC > Garth

Killy breaks all ties for skirmishing because she has ENG as a skill, meaning she is much easier to seat. That is why she is better than RPC; the edge is only minor, but worth mentioning.

Garth is slightly worse than both because his passives are lower. Again, that is splitting hairs but worth mentioning.

Fair points, but Garth was a recurring legendary, so many players have him at 4/5* or immortal, which increases his Attack. Killy & RPC reside at 1/5* for me, and I never use RPC, ever. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried to buy her and the Keeper. It wouldn't work and bounced me when I tried to send a ticket.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried to buy her and the Keeper. It wouldn't work and bounced me when I tried to send a ticket.

What operating system?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Kindle- not a bit surprised when it does anything stupid.
    Edit- Let me buy finally. Keeper did fine. I literally bought Killy as it crashed. The thank you box appeared on my desktop. Hilariously, I got Killy, but the LTO doesn't know that. The offer is still active.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between Rura Penthe Commendant and Garth, Killy is useful, but not the must have that she used to be.

If we are trying to break the tie between the crew in this logjam, Killy is the clear winner. IMO it goes...

Killy > RPC > Garth

Killy breaks all ties for skirmishing because she has ENG as a skill, meaning she is much easier to seat. That is why she is better than RPC; the edge is only minor, but worth mentioning.

Garth is slightly worse than both because his passives are lower. Again, that is splitting hairs but worth mentioning.

Fair points, but Garth was a recurring legendary, so many players have him at 4/5* or immortal, which increases his Attack. Killy & RPC reside at 1/5* for me, and I never use RPC, ever. YMMV

If you want to go strictly on the +Attack, Garth is clearly worse. At 5/5 he adds +8. Killy and RPC at 5/5 give +10. I left that out of consideration because based on my Skirmish setup I'm not using my finishers to boost my attack, but if the +Attack is a consideration for folks, then that makes Killy even stronger IMO.

For folks who got Garth from the mega they can get by without Killy or RPC, but for those who want the best option and have $10 to spend, Killy is absolutely, 100%, THE best finisher.

I now choose not to spend, but thanks for pointing out the differences in their +Attack. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

Killy > RPC > Garth

Garth's total passive score is higher than the Commandant's. Also more focused in the crits, which is worth noting, as most crew have higher passive acc and eva; so you could say you're getting more bang for your buck with Garth's passive distribution on top of pure numbers.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Let's not forget Talk to the Hand Sarek and I Can't Believe It's Not Gunpowder Kirk. Both were sent free to most players, and have the unConditional 400% Sledgehammer.

For those who don't have RPC or Killy.

• Options
    12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Killy > RPC > Garth

As someone who has Garth, Killy, and RPC, Killy sees the least use of the three.

Regarding seating...

When skirmishing, seating is (seemingly) irrelevant. When a crew is placed in a slot that they don't have a matching skill for, their passives do not visibly darken and there is no message that the passive are inactive.

When in arena, Ardra should be sitting in the ENG spot on the Krayton if you're trying to preserve passives and optimize for defender mode.

So this is a wash.

Regarding passives...

killy - accuracy: 600 crit bonus: 225 crit rating: 195 evasion: 350
    rpc - accuracy: 400 crit bonus: 50 crit rating: 108 evasion: 325
    garth - accuracy: 300 crit bonus: 200 crit rating: 185 evasion: 225

Killy does have an edge, but not much of an edge depending on which passives a player is optimizing for. Between RPC and Garth, it's a wash unless one is favoring certain passives.

But wait, there's more!

RPC & Killy do get a +2 attack boost over Garth. But they also both incur a -3 Evasion that Garth does not have. We don't really know how passives compute, but we do know -3 is likely more than offsetting the evasion passive bonus.

It's also worth noting that the consensus appears to be that a burst attack crew does not get their own attack boost, only attack that is already active prior to activation. So perhaps for players post-Garth mega, there is reason here to favor Killy or RPC. But if you have a 4 or 5 star Garth coming out of that mega, you need 2 or 3 stars on Killy or RPC to match Garth's attack boost.

Ideally, a skirmish or arena lineup should have a high attack boost applied before any burst damage. So in isolation, an immo'd RPC or Killy would be better than immo'd Garth, however that benefit really only pays off if there's another burst damage crew to take advantage of the higher attack boost.

So do you want a miniscule edge on accuracy or a major edge on evasion?

Advantage: Garth

Last, but not least:

killy - initialize: 6s duration: 6s cooldown: 10s
    rpc - initialize: 6s duration: 6s cooldown: 10s
    garth - initialize: 6s duration: 8s cooldown: 10s

In the brave new world of sped up battles and auto triggers, Garth's extra 2s of attack boost is clutch.

Advantage: Garth

...All this is to say, the preferences between the three are largely immaterial. But for my setup, Garth is more important than RPC or Killy since I want to minimize the evasion hit more than anything else.

If anything, the ship ability breakdown looks like this:

Garth > Killy > RPC > Fury Kes > Redjac Jaris

In terms of overall utility, I'd take Kes hands down (weakest passives be damned!). Garth and RPC are better voyagers, so absent having any of the big three, I'm hard pressed to find a meaningful reason to strongly favor any of them. Jaris is the best voyager of all, but has the least traits and boosts accuracy instead of attack.

Killy is only worth $10 if you don't have any other burst attackers or if you want to add a vanity star. If there are no more DISCO events, that was the last thing that really distinguished Killy as an overall more desirable card. Fact is, she's a weak voyager with a hazy future event potential, and only a (marginally) better ship battle option if you didn't get Garth from the mega.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    The value of Killy/Commandante/Fury Kes is amazing. Best offer I've ever seen in game. Garth does not compare to killy. They are apples and oranges. The 10$ burnham offer was close.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The value of Killy/Commandante/Fury Kes is amazing. Best offer I've ever seen in game. Garth does not compare to killy. They are apples and oranges. The 10$ burnham offer was close.

With the way Skirmishes are now we are talking about milliseconds between them. In the Arena I beat 10 Killies every day with my Garth and get beaten back by her and all the others several times but I would with her too due to the ship setup (Valdore & too lazy to change the ship for passive battles).

Killy or one of the other two were must-haves prior to the Skirmish change. Now they are meaningless if you have any 6 or even 8 sec. unconditional 400% hammers. With 3x speed the differences are barely notable and only relevant if you aim for top 25 I guess. I am not that dedicated so I really do not mind. For my roster Killy would have only been a dead crew slot with zero chance of citation.

So I take the oranges in this case. ;)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    FWIW ... last skirmish .. my linup was ...
    Fast Attack Bonus - Insta - Insta - VIP-boost
    As i am lucky to have a decent roster for this .. ( and got lucky on a 3steak crate) .. it wass the following in this skirmish.
    Locutus - Garth5 - Garth2 - Groomba
    I also believe the handicap from Killy to make her less desirable ...
    That said .. in my decently evolved roster .. killy still goes on voyages often enough..

As mentioned above ... class seating are not relevant in skirmish .. i tested this myself pre-auto ... i did not see any increased killspeed or survivability .. or " total skirmish duration" from a match-set .. always easily picking the reward box without needing a heal between encounters.
    IIRC this was the case in the very first skirmish , but this was one of the things dropped by the dev's as changing crew between encounters is/was still a big pain .. (less now with the searchfilter)

• Options
    I think we’re splitting hairs here...if you have two or more of any of the top-end instant damage crew, your opponent should be destroyed within seconds of activating everyone’s abilities...what’s to evade when the other ship is a ball of gas and debris?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we’re splitting hairs here...if you have two or more of any of the top-end instant damage crew, your opponent should be destroyed within seconds of activating everyone’s abilities...what’s to evade when the other ship is a ball of gas and debris?

Exactly, if you are worried about a minus to evasion from your finisher, you are not doing something right.