Home The Bridge
Options

Captain Killy Special.

2»

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have Garth and Killy in a D'Kora and am getting trounced.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget Talk to the Hand Sarek and I Can't Believe It's Not Gunpowder Kirk. Both were sent free to most players, and have the unConditional 400% Sledgehammer.

For those who don't have RPC or Killy.

Sarek initializes in 10 seconds. Kirk in 8. The Killy/Rura/Garth combo all initialize in 6 seconds. You're losing 2-4 seconds waiting for Sarek or Kirk to initialize. Yes, they still help win a battle, but if you're trying to save seconds to get more rounds in, they are not even in the conversation for crew to use. And those extra 4 seconds are why you get hit with the reverse damage action. If you're using DKora and Killy/Rura/Garth, your opponent is dead before the reverse damage is activated.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have Garth and Killy in a D'Kora and am getting trounced.

Arena or skirmish? In skirmish, you should be fine, so let us know if you’re not. In arena, I can’t help you on the attack side (since I use a Bounty), but I’ll say that I enjoy beating up on the Krayton when it’s on defense. As long as I can dodge the initial hammers with evasion and/or cloak, the Krayton becomes a TOS Red Shirt to my Bounty. ;)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Let's not forget Talk to the Hand Sarek and I Can't Believe It's Not Gunpowder Kirk. Both were sent free to most players, and have the unConditional 400% Sledgehammer.

For those who don't have RPC or Killy.

Sarek initializes in 10 seconds. Kirk in 8. The Killy/Rura/Garth combo all initialize in 6 seconds. You're losing 2-4 seconds waiting for Sarek or Kirk to initialize. Yes, they still help win a battle, but if you're trying to save seconds to get more rounds in, they are not even in the conversation for crew to use. And those extra 4 seconds are why you get hit with the reverse damage action. If you're using DKora and Killy/Rura/Garth, your opponent is dead before the reverse damage is activated.

Maybe that very last sentence I posted was written for a reason, as well.......

10 seconds is still faster than never........

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    👍👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I think we’re splitting hairs here...if you have two or more of any of the top-end instant damage crew, your opponent should be destroyed within seconds of activating everyone’s abilities...what’s to evade when the other ship is a ball of gas and debris?

Exactly, if you are worried about a minus to evasion from your finisher, you are not doing something right.

“Right”? Okay, thanks. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I think we’re splitting hairs here...if you have two or more of any of the top-end instant damage crew, your opponent should be destroyed within seconds of activating everyone’s abilities...what’s to evade when the other ship is a ball of gas and debris?

Exactly, if you are worried about a minus to evasion from your finisher, you are not doing something right.

“Right”? Okay, thanks. 🖖

Don't sweat it. Sometimes people feel that the way they play, is the way everyone should play. It's a game. I think the most important part of playing is enjoying. Also, people tend to forget, not everyone is going to have the exact same Ship & Crew options......

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    👍👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿
    😁😃🤳😃😁🙋
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Yes .. if you have them .. its splitting hairs ..
    One does need to keep the handicap in mind in ordering powers tho.

I noticed there are some ships in skirmish which seem to have a higher chance of being annoying ..
    Like the borg sphere with the cloak at 4sec which often seems able to dodge the instagib's
  • Options
    12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

If you only have one, Killy/Commandant's attack bonus is meaningless, but Garth's lack of a hit to evasion is super helpful.

Also best to remember that sometimes burst damage is evaded by opponents in Skirms and Arena. If you don't plan for this admittedly lower odds contingency, you're definitely toast in Arena and might have some issues in Skirm.

Sorry to the haters (not directed at you Dirk), Garth is the better card for ship battles and all around value.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    In PVE content the battle is over before the enemy AI pushes 4 second cloak. When on defense the enemy Killy holds rank much better overnight in arena. The extra 2 attack is nice as well as the passive stats. In arena and skirmish the evasion loss is negligible. My main account has 1 immortalized killy and 1 immortalized commandante and does much better in arena and skirmish than my alt which has 2 immortalized Garth instead (because I'm cheap and that account was campaign only).

• Options
    RNG does happen. Burst attack sometimes miss. Battles don't always finish under 6 seconds. And in those instances, that's when utilizing Garth is the better call. Up to that point, there is no discernible difference between Garth/Killy/RPC/Kes.

Using a 4/5 Garth in place of Killy, I almost never drop from the top 1%. If I do, it's usually no more than one win to get back into the 1%. And I win 8/10 battles or better every day.