Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Legend Unwritten (re-run) - 08/06

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    So when is the EV Suit collection coming?

CallMeJim wrote: »
    Small bonus for Dax, does this include Ezri, Lenara and Arjin or Just Jadzia?

The bonus is only for Dax. Not for Jadzia, Ezri, Lenara, or Arjin. Just for Dax. So anywhere Dax is present, the bonus is applied.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

The bonus is only for Dax. Not for Jadzia, Ezri, Lenara, or Arjin. Just for Dax. So anywhere Dax is present, the bonus is applied.

Didn't Dax just evaluate and train Arjin?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

Yes...
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

Yes...

I thought so. Wondered why everyone was asking if he counts as a Dax. Thought maybe I missed a scene......

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

The problem is not that people cannot read ... the problem is that for some players the word Dax is unclear and does not offer anything concrete.

In-game ... if you search "Dax" in the vault ... you miss a number of bonus-crew for the event (Princess Jadzia, the Odo variant etc.).

@~peregrine~ 's link does help ... but what it does not tell you is that Mirror Ezri does not provide a bonus.

The problem, therefore, as is so often the case, is that TP's communication is bare-bones and of fairly poor quality.
    In these cases, where there might be ambiguity, the event post could just include a copy/paste of a list of bonus Dax crew ... something like this (in italics crew that do not come up in vault search):

Bonus Dax crew comprise of the following:
    1*
    Desert Ezri Dax
    Lt. Jadzia Dax

2*
    Festive Jadzia Dax

3*
    Sniper Ezri Dax
    Tourist Jadzia Dax

4*
    Waitress Ezri
    (1701 Jadzia Dax - included here for completionist's sake, but she actually provides big bonus)
    Blood Oath Jadzia Dax
    Mirror Jadzia Dax
    Princess Jadzia

5*
    Niners Ezri
    Zhian'tara Odo
    Alternate Future Jadzia Dax
    Bell Riots Jadzia Dax
    Honey Bare Jadzia
    Klingon Bride Jadzia
    Lt. Commander jadzia Dax

And voila ... I think about 95% of the posts for this event thread would instantly be gone, because players wouldn't ask and others wouldn't need to reply.
    You would think that after 4 years of the game those in communications would have picked up on the fact that clarity in communication is key and sometimes a little more information provides a lot more clarity.

To be fair to TP, maybe they didn't think it would need to be stated that Anjin does not count as a Dax.......

• Options
    Yup, I'll be sitting this out and collecting the community rewards. Have both 4* inmo'd and never go hard for the 5*.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is not that people cannot read ... the problem is that for some players the word Dax is unclear and does not offer anything concrete.

In-game ... if you search "Dax" in the vault ... you miss a number of bonus-crew for the event (Princess Jadzia, the Odo variant etc.).

@~peregrine~ 's link does help ... but what it does not tell you is that Mirror Ezri does not provide a bonus.

The problem, therefore, as is so often the case, is that TP's communication is bare-bones and of fairly poor quality.
    In these cases, where there might be ambiguity, the event post could just include a copy/paste of a list of bonus Dax crew ... something like this (in italics crew that do not come up in vault search):

Bonus Dax crew comprise of the following:
    1*
    Desert Ezri Dax
    Lt. Jadzia Dax

2*
    Festive Jadzia Dax

3*
    Sniper Ezri Dax
    Tourist Jadzia Dax

4*
    Waitress Ezri
    (1701 Jadzia Dax - included here for completionist's sake, but she actually provides big bonus)
    Blood Oath Jadzia Dax
    Mirror Jadzia Dax
    Princess Jadzia

5*
    Niners Ezri
    Zhian'tara Odo
    Alternate Future Jadzia Dax
    Bell Riots Jadzia Dax
    Honey Bare Jadzia
    Klingon Bride Jadzia
    Lt. Commander jadzia Dax

And voila ... I think about 95% of the posts for this event thread would instantly be gone, because players wouldn't ask and others wouldn't need to reply.
    You would think that after 4 years of the game those in communications would have picked up on the fact that clarity in communication is key and sometimes a little more information provides a lot more clarity.

I think this would be a handy list for Shan to copy and paste into Dax event posts. She does it for the Discovery mega events, so it makes sense. Not that I think it's terribly important this week, because...
    Remember that in a galaxy event, fewer crew are needed. Defrosting a bunch of Dax is likely a waste of merits.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Defrost event crew only. And maybe a couple of Legendary Crew if you have frozen them.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    For a galaxy i really miss to see the point why you should even bother to unfreeze „small bonus“ crew(except legendaries, but if u have frozen legendaries ur roster is probably sooo deep that it still doesn t matter).

Just unfreeze Evil Kirk and 1701 Dax and all is fine for 99,9% of players. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a galaxy i really miss to see the point why you should even bother to unfreeze „small bonus“ crew(except legendaries, but if u have frozen legendaries ur roster is probably sooo deep that it still doesn t matter).

But for newer players that don’t have them they might need to unfreeze others.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    pel6il5acvhr.png

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone that has the event crew - yes, unfreezing random small bonus cards is a waste of time. But if you don't have either 4* card yet, then the pool of "small bonus" cards becomes more meaningful. Obviously a newer player could be in this boat, but also folks that routinely airlock non-FF cards because of limited space (I'm thinking VIP0 or otherwise low spenders). Some of the small bonus cards can also be weak surrogates for the 5* cards in some recipes too, if the player is lacking the 5* card(s).

Just my 2 copper Lincolns.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

But for newer players that don’t have them they might need to unfreeze others.

I doubt newer players have frozen any or much 4* crew, since most benefit from them even when their stats isn t great, since their roster isn t deep.

Plus, if you only wanna do like 130k for the 4/4 SR crew. It really doesn t matter much if u have bonus crew or not.

But whatever. Freeze and unfreeze away. Merits shouldn t been an issue for any active player these days. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note on Dax bonus: while Mirror Ezra Tigan is not a Dax, I believe she has consistently received a bonus on Jadzia events.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    To be fair to TP, maybe they didn't think it would need to be stated that Anjin does not count as a Dax.......

That has nothing to do with it ... the term Dax inherently provides confusion for some because it includes 3 different characters ... and some variants of those 3 do not fall under Dax.

Furthermore, "Dax" is not a fully functioning search term in the vault ... compare that to this week's Exobiology:
    - Do I get all bonus Exobiology crew if I put that into the search field in the vault? YES.
    - Do I get all bonus Dax crew if I put that into the search field in the vault? NO.

I work for a company that has over 100.000 employees worldwide and I write official documents that can potentially be read by all of those people. If I use terminology that might not be 100% clear to ALL employees when reading a document (without having to do their own search into what it means) I clarify what those terms mean ... this is mainly around the use of (technical) acronyms that not everyone might know.
    Clarify could also mean adding a link in a document ... if I'm writing something about the use of the Agile methodology I might not provide an in-depth summary of what that means, but can just state ... (for more in-depth information about the Agile process, please visit [link provided]).

You can kinda see how these kinds of solutions can work in an event notice.
    e.g. Bonus crew for the following event include Worf variants. For an overview of all variants of Worf please visit https://stt.wiki/wiki/Worf (notice the list include Duchamps and Will Scarlett ... they don't come up in a vault search for Worf).
    or Bonus crew for the following event include Quark variants (including Herbert Rossoff).

This is not rocket science, but it does require an awareness of communication strengths and weaknesses.

I still have trouble figuring out why people assumed Anjin would be a Dax. Because they are both Trill?!?!?

That's a little racist.......

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

That has nothing to do with it ... the term Dax inherently provides confusion for some because it includes 3 different characters ... and some variants of those 3 do not fall under Dax.

Furthermore, "Dax" is not a fully functioning search term in the vault ... compare that to this week's Exobiology:
    - Do I get all bonus Exobiology crew if I put that into the search field in the vault? YES.
    - Do I get all bonus Dax crew if I put that into the search field in the vault? NO.

I work for a company that has over 100.000 employees worldwide and I write official documents that can potentially be read by all of those people. If I use terminology that might not be 100% clear to ALL employees when reading a document (without having to do their own search into what it means) I clarify what those terms mean ... this is mainly around the use of (technical) acronyms that not everyone might know.
    Clarify could also mean adding a link in a document ... if I'm writing something about the use of the Agile methodology I might not provide an in-depth summary of what that means, but can just state ... (for more in-depth information about the Agile process, please visit [link provided]).

You can kinda see how these kinds of solutions can work in an event notice.
    e.g. Bonus crew for the following event include Worf variants. For an overview of all variants of Worf please visit https://stt.wiki/wiki/Worf (notice the list include Duchamps and Will Scarlett ... they don't come up in a vault search for Worf).
    or Bonus crew for the following event include Quark variants (including Herbert Rossoff).

This is not rocket science, but it does require an awareness of communication strengths and weaknesses.

I still have trouble figuring out why people assumed Anjin would be a Dax. Because they are both Trill?!?!?

That's a little racist.......

I think at one point people assumed the bonus was being triggered by the Trill trait.
  • Options
    at least it’s a rerun and not a flashback :tongue:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was anything else but a Galaxy I would totally love it. Reruns are the best.
    Another personal downside in this case is that this will be my first copy of Captain Kim, but oh well - you need to start somewhere.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed that . . . hrmm. I had been planning to skip this event, but now I'm not so sure. Guess it's good I've been pre-purchasing the necessary Galaxy components in case T'Pol was really awesome.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options

If it was anything else but a Galaxy I would totally love it. Reruns are the best.
    Another personal downside in this case is that this will be my first copy of Captain Kim, but oh well - you need to start somewhere.

Not really. :wink:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

True somehow. But there are very few half-decent Kim variants so every bit helps. The Captain is not all bad at least.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Thank Another personal downside in this case is that this will be my first copy of Captain Kim, but oh well - you need to start somewhere.

True somehow. But there are very few half-decent Kim variants so every bit helps. The Captain is not all bad at least.

For as much as it might help anyone, 4* Delta Flyer Kim has the exact same skillset in order as this legendary version and is better than him at 1/5*:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Delta_Flyer_Kim
    vs.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Captain_Harry_Kim
    🖖

P.S.: My Beowulf will probably sulk all weekend belowdecks, where all of my non-FF 5*s reside.

I like to think of all those unfused legendaries as the party scene in “Titanic”, with some random 1/5* whirling with glee atop the tabletop, not knowing that a forthcoming beGold+ from an honor sale will save him or her from the upcoming iceberg that is the iciness of the airlock.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank Another personal downside in this case is that this will be my first copy of Captain Kim, but oh well - you need to start somewhere.

For as much as it might help anyone, 4* Delta Flyer Kim has the exact same skillset in order as this legendary version and is better than him at 1/5*:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Delta_Flyer_Kim
    vs.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Captain_Harry_Kim
    🖖

P.S.: My Beowulf will probably sulk all weekend belowdecks, where all of my non-FF 5*s reside.

I like to think of all those unfused legendaries as the party scene in “Titanic”, with some random 1/5* whirling with glee atop the tabletop, not knowing that a forthcoming beGold+ from an honor sale will save him or her from the upcoming iceberg that is the iciness of the airlock.

Delta Kim at 4/4 is beter than Captain even at 2/5
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't find documentation of how much event crew and bonus crew get for the builds during a galaxy event. I seem to remember seeing 10x for event crew and 5x for bonus crew. Does anyone happen to have documentation of that?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't find documentation of how much event crew and bonus crew get for the builds during a galaxy event. I seem to remember seeing 10x for event crew and 5x for bonus crew. Does anyone happen to have documentation of that?

I think my spreadsheet is configured for 5x and 3x bonuses but I forget the source at the moment.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re correct.