Home The Holodeck

Play Store: game requesting to phone call access

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in The Holodeck
I thought a game looked interesting, so I went to the Play Store and tried to check it out. Among the access messages that popped up was to allow the game to MAKE PHONE CALLS!!!!! I of course clicked deny. It threw me back to the Open button in the Play Store. Next time, it gave me the option to deny permanently. I did so. Game absolutely refuse to open unless it can make phone calls. I'm sure there is a perfectly simple explanation that is not nefarious at all. But, with the whole privacy issue we just went through, I cannot assume one.......

Everyone be careful!!!!!

EDIT: This ad.....

4242au2jstqr.png
qxwqg1qavq8h.png
Oh, we'd be alright if the wind was in our sails
We'd be alright if the wind was in our sails
And we'll all hang on behind...

Comments

• I moved this out of The Bridge.
    It has nothing to do with our game or ad-warp.

Also could you please avoid caps and over dramatic titles? Thank you!
  • FYI you can always check the permissions of an app/game prior to installing it.
    n827urinrjiu.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought a game looked interesting, so I went to the Play Store and tried to check it out. Among the access messages that popped up was to allow the game to MAKE PHONE CALLS!!!!! I of course clicked deny. It threw me back to the Open button in the Play Store. Next time, it gave me the option to deny permanently. I did so. Game absolutely refuse to open unless it can make phone calls. I'm sure there is a perfectly simple explanation that is not nefarious at all. But, with the whole privacy issue we just went through, I cannot assume one.......

Everyone be careful!!!!!

EDIT: This ad.....

4242au2jstqr.png
    qxwqg1qavq8h.png

Shan wrote: »
    FYI you can always check the permissions of an app/game prior to installing it.
    n827urinrjiu.png

Okay. Thanx. Sorry.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    Oh, we'd be alright if the wind was in our sails
    And we'll all hang on behind...