Home The Holodeck

Play Store: game requesting to phone call access

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in The Holodeck
I thought a game looked interesting, so I went to the Play Store and tried to check it out. Among the access messages that popped up was to allow the game to MAKE PHONE CALLS!!!!! I of course clicked deny. It threw me back to the Open button in the Play Store. Next time, it gave me the option to deny permanently. I did so. Game absolutely refuse to open unless it can make phone calls. I'm sure there is a perfectly simple explanation that is not nefarious at all. But, with the whole privacy issue we just went through, I cannot assume one.......

Everyone be careful!!!!!

EDIT: This ad.....

4242au2jstqr.png
qxwqg1qavq8h.png
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I moved this out of The Bridge.
    It has nothing to do with our game or ad-warp.

Also could you please avoid caps and over dramatic titles? Thank you!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI you can always check the permissions of an app/game prior to installing it.
    n827urinrjiu.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought a game looked interesting, so I went to the Play Store and tried to check it out. Among the access messages that popped up was to allow the game to MAKE PHONE CALLS!!!!! I of course clicked deny. It threw me back to the Open button in the Play Store. Next time, it gave me the option to deny permanently. I did so. Game absolutely refuse to open unless it can make phone calls. I'm sure there is a perfectly simple explanation that is not nefarious at all. But, with the whole privacy issue we just went through, I cannot assume one.......

Everyone be careful!!!!!

EDIT: This ad.....

4242au2jstqr.png
    qxwqg1qavq8h.png

Shan wrote: »
    FYI you can always check the permissions of an app/game prior to installing it.
    n827urinrjiu.png

Okay. Thanx. Sorry.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?