Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Mistress of the Mirror (flashback) - 09/10

2»

Comments

• Those blond wigs are the most now look ever.
  • Kirk gets the root.
  • Traitor, caregiver,spiritual, big mouth,
  • Cloud William dressed in repurposed wigs from this episode which were originally Tribbles.
  • Med-Dip-Cmd for Nona. At least on my active roster there’s no one with that particular order of skills...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Med-Dip-Cmd for Nona. At least on my active roster there’s no one with that particular order of skills...

Over 70 starting Med. I'm tickled pink. Well, a more flushed tan, at least.....

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Med-Dip-Cmd for Nona. At least on my active roster there’s no one with that particular order of skills...

Age of Sail Crusher is the only one on my roster with that skill order. Crusher's bases are considerably weaker, Nona's rolls are weaker, but overall Nona is a notable upgrade to Crusher for voyages. (I'll let the spreadsheet folks be more specific than that.) Crusher obviously has more event potential, but for raw stats, Nona looks pretty good to me.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nona is pretty solid. There are only other two legendaries with MED/DIP/CMD - the afore-mentioned AoS Crusher and Nepenthe Troi.

Troi just edges out Nona for overall voyage score, but both easily beat AoS for overall voyages. Nona's higher bases make her more shuttle-friendly than both Troi and Crusher.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Age of Sail Crusher is the only one on my roster with that skill order. Crusher's bases are considerably weaker, Nona's rolls are weaker, but overall Nona is a notable upgrade to Crusher for voyages. (I'll let the spreadsheet folks be more specific than that.) Crusher obviously has more event potential, but for raw stats, Nona looks pretty good to me.

AoS Crusher is already enjoying cryostasis ... because to be honest, I'm not really looking for that skill order when populating CMD/MED voyages. I'm still comfortably making 10 hrs voyages without her ... and I doubt I'd use Nona either.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I decided to fiddle with some crew ...

- I just had a 10 hr MED/CMD voyage end and was able to start up another right after with the same ship as bonus (a lvl 9 of 10 Breen Command Warship) ... but the seats had slightly different bonus traits attached to them ...

- I tried to keep the main skill numbers close to equal and the sum of the other 4 near the same.

Now to see if I hit 10 hrs again ...

Below the crew used ... recalled the first voyage after 10 hrs and 7 minutes with 140 AM in the tank.

For the second voyage I removed; The Keeper, Tenavik, Age of Sail Data, Po and replaced them with Borg La Forge, Merry Men Crusher, RAF O'Brien and Mirror Picard.

EDIT: Second voyage at 10hrs and 7min, 240 AM (funny enough, the difference in the starting AM) ... unfortunately, both were the bottom end for both Honor and chronitons ... 580 H and 475 Ch this voyage at the above time. :(

m2gpp9f26gs9.png

As far as base stats go ... Nona would be #6 (#7 if I defrost 1-skill McCoy) MED ... there is so little MED on shuttles that my MED crew are usually sitting idle when not on a MED voyage.

I mean ... if you are a player who doesn't have any MED with CMD then sure maybe (but look at Cpt. Beverly in the Honor Hall first) ... but I think you'd be better citing the likes of Humbled Archer or Merry Men Troi if you need help there and you also get their event use bundled in.
    EDIT: Most of AoS Chrusher's lower voyage stats are under MED and DIP ... their CMDs are fairly close ... 28 pts difference without bonuses of the more than 200 pts lower total for Crusher.

Nona's okay ... but nothing extraordinary. If I manage to get he she'll stay 1/5 for aeons.
  • Medicore stats for Nona imho. Nothing i d go 5/5 for.
    Still might be useful for newer players.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Nona is pretty solid. There are only other two legendaries with MED/DIP/CMD - the afore-mentioned AoS Crusher and Nepenthe Troi.

Troi just edges out Nona for overall voyage score, but both easily beat AoS for overall voyages. Nona's higher bases make her more shuttle-friendly than both Troi and Crusher.

Doesn’t Reverend Phlox count?
  • robownage wrote: »

He is Med/Com/Dip, while the others are Med/Dip/Com
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

He's MED/CMD/DIP. Almost but not quite the same.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of my crew with that exact skill order, yes she would beat AoS Crusher by a mile. Even if we expand that to all crew with those three skills in any order, she’s still ahead of Gloria and Prince Bashir for me...but not by all that much. And among all of my MED/DIP and DIP/MED crew, she’d only be scarcely ahead of Mirror Troi as my 4th-best voyager behind Cornwell, Soji, and Vahar’ai Saru.

I would like to get Nona because I’m a TOS guy, that’s always going to be true. But for people who already have a couple of stout MED/DIP crew like myself, there’s not much of an in-game reason to really go nuts to get her.

Now...if she were MED/SEC/DIP, MED/COM/DIP, or MED/COM/SEC, I would see a reason for more people to compete hard for her services. I feel like I’m doing really well, comparatively speaking, on MED/COM crew but I still only have Pollard and a pair of Rev Phloxes with those two as 5* crew with those primary skills. MED/SEC is very similar for me, with two EMAs, TO Neelix, a rather weak Merry Men Crusher, and the weak-ish but versatile Dark Ages McCoy. Adding an extra strong option there would be fantastic.
  • I wonder if WRG adds these mediocre non-main cast crew so that newer players don't have to compete as hard with us salty old veterans to add a legendary to their rosters.
    It makes sense.

I do think "availability" is an often overlooked factor with crew. There are only about a dozen MED primary crew with CMD. While some have better stats, anyone can push on this event right now to get one. And if the new crew isn't a top contender, it'll be that much easier for folks without huge rosters to win.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    EnderW wrote: »
    Nona = honor pinata'ed! First time ever doing it and, I think, @Bylo Band would be proud of me.

As she is from TOS you may want to reclaim her or hold onto her until we see who will be bonus in the Spocktober mega.
    Let’s fly!
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Nona = honor pinata'ed! First time ever doing it and, I think, @Bylo Band would be proud of me.

As she is from TOS you may want to reclaim her or hold onto her until we see who will be bonus in the Spocktober mega.

Depending on the roster, a 1/5 version of her won t make any difference,
    even if all TOS crew are bonus.🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had this long convo with my fleet. I'm good: I have much better crew, with her skill set, and I'm really unlikely to ever use her beyond this one event. And I have significantly better crew waiting for cits. Meanwhile, I need to be mindful of my use of slots. I can take the risk.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had this long convo with my fleet. I'm good: I have much better crew, with her skill set, and I'm really unlikely to ever use her beyond this one event. And I have significantly better crew waiting for cits. Meanwhile, I need to be mindful of my use of slots. I can take the risk.

Yes, it was more a warning for the community at large. Though her medical could come in handy even at 1/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happily managed to clear thresholds on a full faction for the second time and even managed a decent voyage that picked up my 4* on Gralik Durr over the weekend.
    How did people do with the threshold portal? 3x beholds- 4* on Mirror Ezri and 3* each on Mirror LaForge and Voq, some honor and useless schematics on mine. Looking forward to a Mirror collection. It'll be the first added since I started that I already have immortalized crew toward- as many as eight of I'm remembering correctly.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not a personal criticism, but more of a general concern with this approach to game play:

Why compete for a legendary only to airlock it, when there may've been someone also trying to compete who really wanted that card but fell short?

Your question implies I was competing; I wasn't trying that hard. But competition was so light that a half-you-know-what effort was enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not a personal criticism, but more of a general concern with this approach to game play:

Why compete for a legendary only to airlock it, when there may've been someone also trying to compete who really wanted that card but fell short?

Your question implies I was competing; I wasn't trying that hard. But competition was so light that a half-you-know-what effort was enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In most events, over half of my fleet finishes in the top 1,500. In this event, less than half got Nona. With a skirmish coming, she isn't very necessary to compete in the upcoming event. With Nona also only being a top 10 card in one or two categories (CMD/MED voyages and shuttles) to my knowledge, she's not overly desirable as a card. It makes sense that competition was low and a proportionately low effort was needed to get the card. So... if a player chose to convert that effort to 550 honor, I get that.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Nona as event crew but not an event reward - you have to buy her. Not bad stats but limited use. Does not feature in next week’s event. A roster hogging citation drain. Even a gold needs to be more special to justify that.