Home Ready Room
Options

Spreadsheet for crew & ship abilities

2»

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can think of a couple of players who are, now, just like you were, then. Let’s see if anyone steps up and makes this a sure handoff of the baton.

Call me a fool of a Took, but I have faith in our community of players. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Calling @EnderW
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got the sheet back up to date. Changes at work have been prohibitive to me maintaining the resource. I'll be looking for someone to take over. If anyone is interested, please post here or message me.

I'll be looking for someone who has played for a while (probably at least 6 months), knows a bit about spreadsheets, and can reliably update the sheet every week or two. I can teach a bit about spreadsheets. I just need someone who at least knows how to put numbers in cells. I can teach the rest, if needed. :)

Let me take a look at this. I might be able to incorporate this into the DNA checklist. I already do the datacore import so I have that piece.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I finally got the sheet back up to date. Changes at work have been prohibitive to me maintaining the resource. I'll be looking for someone to take over. If anyone is interested, please post here or message me.

I'll be looking for someone who has played for a while (probably at least 6 months), knows a bit about spreadsheets, and can reliably update the sheet every week or two. I can teach a bit about spreadsheets. I just need someone who at least knows how to put numbers in cells. I can teach the rest, if needed. :)

Let me take a look at this. I might be able to incorporate this into the DNA checklist. I already do the datacore import so I have that piece.

Thank you for looking. Let me know if I can answer any questions.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Wow, that would be very cool if you could do that. The DNA Checklist was the first community resource I ever used, and I know how helpful it is for players at any level.

Thank you for taking a look, @cmdrworf . 🖖
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that would be very cool if you could do that. The DNA Checklist was the first community resource I ever used, and I know how helpful it is for players at any level.

Sorry I've been out. Lost my father in law. From my first look I think there is some promise for this.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I've been out. Lost my father in law. From my first look I think there is some promise for this.

Sorry to hear that.
  • Options

No rush. Take care of yourself & your loved ones. I hope he is at peace.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Looks like the new version of the BBoB has the crews' abilities in a sortable format, which is great news. Thank you, @Automaton_2000 et al.!

https://www.bigbook.app/ratings/arena

EDIT: shout out to @NoNameNamer !
    (see below)
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Make sure you check out the arena related search capabilities in the Big Book too. See the question mark near search box for details.
    e.g. "att -trigger -limit init:6" would show crew that boosts attack, initializes at 6 seconds and does not have a trigger or a usage limit.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Roche wrote: »
    I *love* the crew and ship abilities spreadsheet. That said, I'm wondering if there exists some sort of tool to help players understand what criteria they should be paying attention to. Something like what the BBB offers that describes what kinds of crew would be best for each type of ship and why. For example, maybe XYZ shop would better benefit from a fast hard initial attack that is accompanied by a crew of short bursts I'd accuracy etc., versus another ship that might best benefit from long-lasting support crew with one attack member, or however it works.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you, Captains!
    Glad you like the spreadsheet, @Roche ! The BBoBA is up to date and does a better job IMO, especially with the sorting/searching (see above).

Regarding a tool such as you describe, I do not know if one has been or is being developed yet. I think a hypothetical tool would work as follows:

1. Choose your strategy (attack, defend);
    2. Tool evaluates shipyard & suggests best option for chosen strategy;
    3. Tool evaluates crew & suggests best options to maximize ship abilities (attack, evasion, accuracy) and matches skills to activate bonus abilities w/r/t timing & triggers (if any).

DataCore has a comprehensive sortable list of all the ships, so that might be a good starting point in conjunction with the Big Book to optimize the crew.

LLAP 🖖
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    The BBoBA2.0 now includes cadets, which will help tremendously with the lower levels of the fleet boss battles. Thank you, @NoNameNamer , @Captain Idol , et al., for your work on this "non sactioned" (sic) tool! 🖖

https://www.bigbook.app/ratings/arena