Home The Bridge

Temporary arena achievements

For Star Trek day temporary achievements for the arena, you would have to spend 450 dil to max out the achievement. Was this an error? We get 10 arena tokens every 24 hours. The achievement needs to be completed in 7 days. The top reward is at 100 arena battles. Am I missing something?

Comments

• nope, not missing something, not everything here is free sadly so you’ll have to spend 450 dilithium to get the final tier for that specific achievement and receive two purple x10 pulls🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's apparently intended. Everything else is easily doable within the time period. Basically, if you complete everything, just subtract that Dilithium from the amount we get for the Achievements.

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Just to clarify, my question was not meant as a complaint. I appreciate what is going on for Star Trek day. I was genuinely asking if I missed something

Thank you for your work Shan.
  • [KM]Videm wrote: »
    sounds like I just won't bother finishing that one then as premium pulls are a waste of dilithium for me in general

I'm planning to do the same. I just hope that my wifi won't have a hiccup while I'm doing a space battle, or I'll have to by extra tickets to get to the second tier.
    Given that when the game freezes during a battle it uses up a ticket but doesn't count as a completed battle, I wish they had put the second tier at 60 or 65 instead of 70 :sweat_smile:
  • Or you can use a lot of extra tickets they sent you along the years and you never spent because you had no reason to do play more than 10 battles a day :smiley:
    Capt_Locutus
    FORGET IT! Resistance IS futile!
  • basically 450 dil for 1600 honor. not a great trade
    Is there a better dil to honor trade in the game? Or are you just saying you want a better chance at more than honor (a desired 5* for instance) for your dil? I thought it was worthwhile (as a frequent monthly card and campaign buyer), but for FTP I can easily see where you’d rather have the rare dil (for crew-specific 390 packs or crew slots or shuttles if you don’t have four yet) than the random packs.
  • Nobody owes us players anything on this score BUT...given how everything was promoted as a gift, it leaves a bad taste. I won't spend to get it. Hope @Shan notices.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    basically 450 dil for 1600 honor. not a great trade
    Is there a better dil to honor trade in the game? Or are you just saying you want a better chance at more than honor (a desired 5* for instance) for your dil? I thought it was worthwhile (as a frequent monthly card and campaign buyer), but for FTP I can easily see where you’d rather have the rare dil (for crew-specific 390 packs or crew slots or shuttles if you don’t have four yet) than the random packs.

For anyone that buys the regular 650 dil premium 10x, it's a no brainer. If you don't buy those packs, then I can see this being a harder choice. I'm sitting on enough extra arena tickets in my mail that I can complete it, but if I didn't have those, I'm not sure I would spend the dil.
  • Or you can use a lot of extra tickets they sent you along the years and you never spent because you had no reason to do play more than 10 battles a day :smiley:

Exactly what I did. I'll have 60/100 by end of day.
  • NS111111 wrote: »
    It’s basically spending the free dilithium you get for completing the earlier bits. It’s a win:win - you want the premium packs at the end, use some dil - you don’t, save the dil
    I'd be a lot happier if I didn't have to spend any dil to complete these. But, I do appreciate that the first two achievements provides what you need to go for the third.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • I usuallly get the 10xpack (650 dil)...so completing all the missions...I will use 450 dil to buy the 30x extra arena tickets..then I will collect 7 packs... if not...I will only get 6... If I'm not mistaken...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    As I said last week, the idea of having to spend a portion of a gift to get the rest of the gift doesn't really feel 'gifty'. I appreciate anything free and like challenges that go beyond just doing dailies, but I can't help but feel that having to pay for a portion of a gift only serves to cheapen the sentiment, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Not in mine. The legendary citation, the legendary behold that is coming, the dil etc. are a nice enough gift. Guess it comes down to how much people still value these premium packs. I don´t really care for them anymore. So I also don´t care for this final achievement. I prefer the full wagonload of dil.

P.S.: You also don´t pay for it as you call it. In case you want those packs you exchange a (part of a) gift for another gift. In that case it would be your choice, your wantings, your priorities. Nothing else.

Not trying to be ‘that guy’, but I disagree on principle. It’s not really a set of rewards if you have to give back some of the early rewards to get the later rewards. Obviously we are netting out ahead, but why not just scale back the rewards and make them all achievable without having to swap reward-a for reward-b?

1. Because the company wants to maximize revenue over a longer time horizon.
    2. Because the company believes that this reward structure will incentive gameplay.
    3. Because the company ... that’s all I got.
    4. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I'm planning to do the same. I just hope that my wifi won't have a hiccup while I'm doing a space battle, or I'll have to by extra tickets to get to the second tier.
    Given that when the game freezes during a battle it uses up a ticket but doesn't count as a completed battle, I wish they had put the second tier at 60 or 65 instead of 70 :sweat_smile:

Well, this just happened to me. I should have 20 arena battles done, but now I have 19 because an error popped up that I could not stop from opening that said "ship not in battle" and had to restart the app. I sent a message to support...I'll see if they do anything.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »

Well, this just happened to me. I should have 20 arena battles done, but now I have 19 because an error popped up that I could not stop from opening that said "ship not in battle" and had to restart the app. I sent a message to support...I'll see if they do anything.

I had it happen all ten battles one day. They have me honor and a few chrons. Didn't get anything when it did it six times the day before.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Bound2Fate wrote: »

I hope you'll be able to get the ticket back :frowning:

I have no issues with the last tier costing 450 dilithium for those who want it, but it would have been great to have tiny bit of margin on the second tier :sweat_smile:
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    @Shan can we get confirmation that there won't be an ingame mail handing out some arena tickets in the next week? I dont want to spend the dilithium to get the extra tickets to then open up my mailbox for a "hey players, we hope you're enjoying the achievements, here's some arena tickets to help you finish"

Not that I know of, and I do not imagine this would change.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it were up to me, I would have changed the rewards.

put the 2x prem packs in the level up 99 times achievement
    put the gold citation in the arena battles

the reward would match a low amount of dil spend here, and even FTP would have the dil to spend after racking up dil from the other achievements.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Or you can use a lot of extra tickets they sent you along the years and you never spent because you had no reason to do play more than 10 battles a day :smiley:

Yup, still have a set of 6 sitting in my mailbox :)
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • edited September 2020
    <snip> Let's try again, in a more productive manner this time? :) Thanks! ~Shan
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    <snip> Let's try again, in a more productive manner this time? :) Thanks! ~Shan

fml6bp76wubv.png
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting ready to send a CS ticket. It ate one of my Arena tickets. I have not idea why the Arena round counter is not tied to the Arena ticket counter. It The tickets go down, the rounds go up! You would get wins and loot, but at least it would count!
    Wish me luck. The keyboard is acting up again. I just reinstalled last Thursday...again.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*