Home The Bridge

An Unknown Error Has Occurred (unable to connect) [Solved, read Edit 2]

<TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in The Bridge
Is anyone else unable to login? I don't see any posts yet so this is concerning. This is happening to me on iOS, Android, and Steam. We're less than an hour away from the event start and I've been unable to login for the past hour. This isn't good.

Edit: Also the Facebook version. So that's every available version of the game that hangs at the loading screen.

Edit 2: I had to turn on my VPN to get it to work. Some kind of network issues. If you have this problem then you'll need to use a VPN as well until it sorts itself out.

Final Edit: If you use your phone you can try turning off WiFi and going with cellular data. Just be careful if you have a datacap.

Comments

• I was able to sign in on my Chromebook (Google Play). But it took minutes to connect to STT not seconds like normal.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No issues with logging in just now. There was some kind of “asset missing” text that showed up during the initial loading screen but it didn’t take longer than usual and everything was where it should be once login was complete.
  • It just hangs at "Communicating with Starfleet" and then after about 3 minutes gives the error. If i clear the error it just sits there forever. Haven't touched my iPad in 10 minutes, it's just stuck there. Steam never gives an error, it just sits forever on the load screen with "Communicating with Starfleet" as the message. I just tried the Facebook version which I never use and it's doing the exact same.
    Hmm...something cross-platform like that with others being able to log in okay sounds like an Internet disruption. I wonder how many others are likewise having trouble, and where they are located.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried to get back in, but it frozen twice when I tried to buy Mambo Picard. I got Trip, but it froze on Picard.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Hmm...something cross-platform like that with others being able to log in okay sounds like an Internet disruption. I wonder how many others are likewise having trouble, and where they are located.

Seems like. I turned on my VPN and set myself to LA (I live in Texas) and it works on Steam and Facebook. Haven't tried it on my iPad or Android phone, yet, but I assume it will work.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the Communicating with Starfleet issue, restarted but it’s still trying to load
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Routing errors probably. killed my wifi, T-Mobile network works fine. can log in from work as well
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    I should point out the issue isn’t really “solved”.
  • Same issue. Stuck at Communicating with Starfleet for a long time and then the error pops up.
    Switching to my phone and turning off WiFi fixed it.
  • Still not working.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not working here
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    NM working now
  • Works for me now.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fine before event went live, but then it froze trying to start event dialog. Reboot fixed it. No problem now.
  • Still doesn’t work for me. Comcast, US East Coast.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game on iOS had that same issue and would only load after the event had started.
    Let’s fly!
  • Seems to work for me now without VPN. YMMV of course.
  • Same issues here with android
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Im getting an error message and haven't been able to log in, im in UK and this is also tried via my data and WiFi network
  • @Shan please see above
  • TP this is stupid, there is a serious issue with the event. You have one job to do and omg you cannot even handle that?
    TP this is stupid, there is a serious issue with the event. You have one job to do and omg you cannot even handle that?

It’s not their job to make sure the entirety of the Internet is running. If the issue was limited to their own servers, you would have a fantastic point...but that doesn’t seem to be the case today.
  • TP this is stupid, there is a serious issue with the event. You have one job to do and omg you cannot even handle that?

It’s not their job to make sure the entirety of the Internet is running. If the issue was limited to their own servers, you would have a fantastic point...but that doesn’t seem to be the case today.

Actually it is. My connection is fine, but the game is hanging up....or you can call it lagging

• I have not been able to log in for over 24 hours, keeps saying an error occurred on the remote server. I have contacted support but so far they are unable to help. Just tried a VPN as suggested above which also didn't help. Shame it happened right when the temporary achievements went up.
  • The phone with my main account can't log in.
    The phone with my vip0 account is logged in and running fine.

So it's not the connection alone
  • It's been nearly 24 hours for me. After trying everything on this thread I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, had to play along until I could sign in. Then I got it working.
    I did contact player support and never heard back. Very frustrating.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things:
    - there is more to internet connectivity than just the health of your connection.
    - player support is dealing with a lot of tickets, delays are to be expected
    - please keep the reports in Engineering Room and provide information about your device, and a screenshot of where the game stops loading.

Thank you!
  • Just dropping by to say that I was getting a server error message today when trying to play using my Android phone. Steam version on the same LAN was working fine. I uninstalled STT on my phone and after downloading it again everything seems to now work ok on the phone as well. If you do try this, make sure you have linked / created an account for STT so you won't accidentally lose anything.

I have my DB account linked so I didn't have to replay anything, it just started working again.