Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Law of Conservation - 09/24

Comments

• Options
    Spocky wrote: »
    Who is Altan Inigo Soong?

uips27bomowg.png
    He is the son of Noonian Soong. Yes I know it makes no sense because we have never heard of him.
    Did we ever have a scene with Data where it would have been essential to the story to let us know of Altan's existence? He never specifically said that Soong didn't have a son so there's no puzzle here. I can't recall ever having introduced myself to anyone as having siblings and I don't think it would be necessary for my employers to know
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spocky wrote: »
    Who is Altan Inigo Soong?

uips27bomowg.png
    He is the son of Noonian Soong. Yes I know it makes no sense because we have never heard of him.
    Did we ever have a scene with Data where it would have been essential to the story to let us know of Altan's existence? He never specifically said that Soong didn't have a son so there's no puzzle here. I can't recall ever having introduced myself to anyone as having siblings and I don't think it would be necessary for my employers to know
    It could also be that Data and Lore just didn’t know anyway. If we make the assumption that Altan is the same age as Brent Spiner is now, he would have been out of the Soong house and on his own at least a few years before Data and Lore were ever built. Could be that it was a less-than-amicable departure as well, that it was simply something that wasn’t talked about for a reason.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without giving anything away to those that aren't watching Picard, what skills are we expecting for Altan? Just curious since Erickson and Rand are both ENG primaries, and "Soong family" cards tend to have a lot of ENG as well. Is every build recipe in this event going to be ENG based? (There are also trait overlaps for Erickson and Rand with human/desperate, and a DIP skill overlap as well).
  • Options
    Without giving anything away to those that aren't watching Picard, what skills are we expecting for Altan? Just curious since Erickson and Rand are both ENG primaries, and "Soong family" cards tend to have a lot of ENG as well. Is every build recipe in this event going to be ENG based? (There are also trait overlaps for Erickson and Rand with human/desperate, and a DIP skill overlap as well).

Best guess would be SCI/ENG for the primary and secondary skills. MED or DIP could make sense as a tertiary - I would strongly doubt any SEC and COM is only slightly more likely than SEC.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Best guess would be SCI/ENG for the primary and secondary skills. MED or DIP could make sense as a tertiary - I would strongly doubt any SEC and COM is only slightly more likely than SEC.

I would expect to see MED considering the way he's using his technological skills, but I could be wrong. In fact, I wouldn't even be shocked if it was his primary skill to set him apart from the others in the Soong family. But ENG and SCI for sure.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was guessing Dip Eng Sci.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eng/Med/SCI or Eng/Med two skill would be my guess.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are minor reasons to consider med, dip, and com. Eng and sci are obvious possibilities. That means TP will make him a sec beast.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soong: SCI ENG CMD, no specific order
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options

i can see him having command tertiary-
    he did have the ‘off switch’ if any of them went rogue, plus he was in charge
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile Korby is CMD, MED and SCI.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made it obvious which Kirby it is. He is from the big reveal moment......

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppqabfe6x6ys.jpeg

...did EE just see something that got beamed back and didn't live long?
    #RIPSonak
  • Options
    I'm split on this event. On one hand, I'd like to get 4x Rand, and in that case why not shoot for Korby, especially since he has solid stats and traits. On the other hand, SCI/MED is one of my best pairs in the game, so I really want to grind a Galaxy event for a character who will be immediately overshadowed?
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I'm split on this event. On one hand, I'd like to get 4x Rand, and in that case why not shoot for Korby, especially since he has solid stats and traits. On the other hand, SCI/MED is one of my best pairs in the game, so I really want to grind a Galaxy event for a character who will be immediately overshadowed?

How many SCI/MED/COM crew do you have? They’re not super common, and without doing the math I think he’ll be an improvement over The Keeper who is my best such crew. I’m also a sucker for TOS crew and missed out on Nona, so...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

How many SCI/MED/COM crew do you have? They’re not super common, and without doing the math I think he’ll be an improvement over The Keeper who is my best such crew. I’m also a sucker for TOS crew and missed out on Nona, so...

He's the #3 SCI/MED for Voyages in the game. So he'll improve most rosters. That being said, between Q as God, Soji, and Homesteader Janeway there have been other SCI/MED that are commonly available, so it may not be a weakness on rosters even if Korby is a better Voyager than them.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I have three stars on Dr. Edward La Forge, thanks to some luck with after-event packs. Korby looks like a direct upgrade, but only if I spend citations on him, which I'm unlikely to do. I'd be more likely to spend them on my 1* Dr. Pollard, who has the same skills, albeit in a different order.

(I also have Sulan, but he's just there for the gauntlet.)
    When stuck whether to push or not for the legendary I ask myself if I like the character and do I like the artwork? That usually can settle the matter.
    I only have a vague recollection of most TOS episodes, maybe I'll re-watch this one tonight!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Shouldn’t Herbert Rossoff with minor bonus for innovator trait on command skill of 897x2=1794 be better than Altman Soong with event bonus on command skill of 523x3=1569? The event is not giving Herbert better success than Altan by far, is it not giving Herbert his bonus for innovator trait or am I doing the math wrong?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Shouldn’t Herbert Rossoff with minor bonus for innovator trait on command skill of 897x2=1794 be better than Altman Soong with event bonus on command skill of 523x3=1569? The event is not giving Herbert better success than Altan by far, is it not giving Herbert his bonus for innovator trait or am I doing the math wrong?

Galaxy Bonus is: featured crew 10x, Bonus crew 5x, if i am not mistaken.
    So Soong is indeed better. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    yr2g0bv5xd5g.png
    shh22vuwq7fg.png

Nanoprobe check immediately after starting the event?
  • Options
    yr2g0bv5xd5g.png
    shh22vuwq7fg.png

Nanoprobe check immediately after starting the event?

I've gotten five of those in the last three days. Either I tap like a bot, or they've upped their nanoprobe checks.
  • Options
    #6 in three days
    dn80487hl44l.jpg
    2 today, 3 yesterday, and 1 the day before..
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have growing suspicions that the nanoprobe check causes my game to crash before they can pop up and given the number of times it has crashed today...
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I can’t even remember the last time I got a check....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!