Key information about the event: Law of Conservation - 09/24

13»

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 so far.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember getting a nanoprobe check outside of a skirmish event, yet I got two today. Have they expanded their use?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently. I think I’ve seen them in hybrid events?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events are just as easy to macro as skirmish events. So makes sense to add macro defense there.
  • Options
    Shouldn’t Herbert Rossoff with minor bonus for innovator trait on command skill of 897x2=1794 be better than Altman Soong with event bonus on command skill of 523x3=1569? The event is not giving Herbert better success than Altan by far, is it not giving Herbert his bonus for innovator trait or am I doing the math wrong?

Galaxy Bonus is: featured crew 10x, Bonus crew 5x, if i am not mistaken.
    So Soong is indeed better. :)

If that were true, then Herberts bonus would be 5x897=4485 and Soongs would be 10x523=5230 and Soong would 5230 or just slightly better, but Soong gives a 56% bonus to Herberts 40% bonus which is a huge difference so either the 10x, 5x rule is wrong or Herbert isn’t getting his correct bonus.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t Herbert Rossoff with minor bonus for innovator trait on command skill of 897x2=1794 be better than Altman Soong with event bonus on command skill of 523x3=1569? The event is not giving Herbert better success than Altan by far, is it not giving Herbert his bonus for innovator trait or am I doing the math wrong?

If that were true, then Herberts bonus would be 5x897=4485 and Soongs would be 10x523=5230 and Soong would 5230 or just slightly better, but Soong gives a 56% bonus to Herberts 40% bonus which is a huge difference so either the 10x, 5x rule is wrong or Herbert isn’t getting his correct bonus.

Looks to me that you have overlooked the fact that Soong gets trait bonuses for “Federation” and “Caregiver” whilst Herbert doesn’t match any.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to me that you have overlooked the fact that Soong gets trait bonuses for “Federation” and “Caregiver” whilst Herbert doesn’t match any.

And in my observation, each trait match gives a 5% bonus.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I have had five nanoprobe checks so far. I am all for them, if they prevent macros from being used. But every one has been right after the first item I built once I start doing the event. If I had been away for 20 minutes, I get it. But I have had zero once I get going (up to 60k VP in a go). So if this holds, I think it would be pretty useless for dealing with macros, as the user could clear the nanoprobe manually when they start, and let the macro do its thing from then on.
  • Options
    Gastalvild wrote: »
    I have had five nanoprobe checks so far. I am all for them, if they prevent macros from being used. But every one has been right after the first item I built once I start doing the event. If I had been away for 20 minutes, I get it. But I have had zero once I get going (up to 60k VP in a go). So if this holds, I think it would be pretty useless for dealing with macros, as the user could clear the nanoprobe manually when they start, and let the macro do its thing from then on.

Same here. I don t get why it happens right after the start sooo often, easy to workaround for cheaters. 😕
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Same here if this is "SUPPOSED" to prevent macros great! I've gotten quite a few this event, but they all occur immediately after my first craft when returning to the game after a break.

I think the developers are mistaken with the timing, as most cheating macros are not designed to boot up a system, sign-in, launch the game, click away random advertising, find the event and start it. Game Macros are USUALLY created when in the actual game to do a task repeatedly.

But as I don't run macros perhaps I'm missing something.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the timing is odd. It doesn't make sense to do the nanoprobe check after a long break, on iOS, no less. Like, if the app has to restart, shouldn't it be a safe bet I haven't been running macros? Are there even mobile device macros?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Yeah, the timing is odd. It doesn't make sense to do the nanoprobe check after a long break, on iOS, no less. Like, if the app has to restart, shouldn't it be a safe bet I haven't been running macros? Are there even mobile device macros?

Unless possibly the reason you left the app was to set up the macros ?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Seriously, what is the point of changing the threshold equipment reward structure and not pointing it out? To increase paranoia? What possible benefit could there be to making everyone have to double check the thresholds to know which equipment they don't have to replicate? What am I supposed to do with extra beacons? I want my rations back. This is stupid. Why is communication to hard for the people behind this game?

<snip> Unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan
  • Options
    [Not trying to get involved in an argument or sound condescending, but as a help for newer players who might be reading this] I think that CS would probably fix things for people who are low on replicator rations and feel like they might be negatively impacted by having used them on the wrong item.
  • Options
    Yeah, I made the same mistake (built the lvl 99 item while assuming the lvl 90 outfit would be the threshold reward as usual), but... I just 🤦‍♂️ and moved on since it was entirely my fault. The info was out there for me to see (and in fact I had seen it, I just forgot). The 5* beacon will just be replicator fuel the next time my inventory hits 975 items.

Exactly. And btw i am pretty sure that it happened in the past as well, that it was the LV99 item and not LV90, because thats when i started to pay attention to it
    (After i replicated the wrong item). 😃
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Apparently my laziness to only level after I finished collecting the fuses and items worked in my favor this time :) I never noticed the item wasn't an L90
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    Apparently my laziness to only level after I finished collecting the fuses and items worked in my favor this time :) I never noticed the item wasn't an L90

I was past the Item long before I got mine to 💯. I was confused where the uniform was, as well.......

People getting all paranoid and throwing out conspiracy theories helps about as much as a screen door on a Bird of Prey. Shan said it was an error. If course, by the time they noticed it and had a chance for her to say so, meltdowns were in full swing like ice cream cones in the middle of the Forge, on Vulcan.......

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered were the outfit was, but I never really thought of it as a hard and fast "rule". So long as I get decent gear for them, I'm fine. Out of curiosity, which would be the harder build? The outfit or the interface?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered were the outfit was, but I never really thought of it as a hard and fast "rule". So long as I get decent gear for them, I'm fine. Out of curiosity, which would be the harder build? The outfit or the interface?

Didn't take much I didn't have for the Uniform. The last Beacon I built, I think I had to farm some stuff.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?