Home The Bridge

Spocktober Mega Event

2»

Comments

• ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    EV Suit Spock looks terrific, and I'm pretty pumped for a new McCoy. Been a while since I was legitimately excited for a Mega Event! (Or any event for that matter).

It may not be a new McCoy. The announcement was weird. They usually mention all 13 crew, the 9 new and the 4 repeating. This time they only mentioned 9 crew. I can't imagine we're getting a second Solok, and if he's an existing crew, then others may be too. Given EV Suit Spock is the recurring and the hints of a new collection(possibly EV Suit), I would guess Pike will be the EV Suit Pike who is existing. So McCoy could easily be another existing version or a new crew.

All we really know for sure are EV Suit Spock, Amanda Grayson (TOS), Sarek (TOS), T’Pring (TOS), Leila Kalomi(TOS), and Zarabeth (TOS) will be new since we don't have any of them from the indicated series.

I got the odd feeling, also based on Solok, that both he and McCoy would be existing crew. Katra McCoy certainly would make thematic sense in a Spock-themed mega event, far more so than Logicians Solok even. The two remaining question marks for new crew could be new Spock variants, which wouldn’t be unwelcome.

It's unlikely to be more Spocks. They don't tend to do multiple versions of the mega character. But then they don't often have main cast as the mega character, so I guess you never know.
  • I'm not sure this was mentioned, but 3/4 weeks are part galaxy which means fully fused new crew which means we can freeze them which means crew slot savings. I'm quite pleased with that. I don't care that there is only a half faction.

this
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which also means a copy of the existing if you are short one, plus a portal, if they still do much for you.
    Looks like several collections will get additions. Vulcan, of course, but I would think Solok would have Veteran and Sarek a Diplomat.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Spock Mega events should help fill out those Diplomat and Vulcan collections nicely. Ever since they expanded them a while back I’m still a few off on each one

Notably, Sarek is SR, should have both traits, and will be part of a galaxy hybrid. Hopefully that's one (nearly) free addition to both collections.

Add in SO Spock from campaign and EV Spock as recurring legendary, and you're 3 Vulcan's closer. That'll put me just 2 away from the milestone. I'll have to see what rarity T'Pring will be. I may not need to use any legendary citations to finish the Vulcan collection. :) (I have Logician Solok at 1/4, so just SR citations would suffice.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • I am expecting existing Sybok for the skirmish. Sha-Ka-Ree, Indeed.
    Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • I am expecting existing Sybok for the skirmish. Sha-Ka-Ree, Indeed.

too bad he gets airlocked every time he shows up in my quarters! :tongue:

Captain Level 99

• eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notably, Sarek is SR, should have both traits, and will be part of a galaxy hybrid. Hopefully that's one (nearly) free addition to both collections.

Add in SO Spock from campaign and EV Spock as recurring legendary, and you're 3 Vulcan's closer. That'll put me just 2 away from the milestone. I'll have to see what rarity T'Pring will be. I may not need to use any legendary citations to finish the Vulcan collection. :) (I have Logician Solok at 1/4, so just SR citations would suffice.)

EV Spock was trying to make contact with VGER, shouldn't that give him diplomat too? :)

EV Spock was trying to make contact with VGER, shouldn't that give him diplomat too? :)

Works for me. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    Let’s fly!
  • I'm very thrilled to see this Mega Event dipping focus to TOS crew, so thank you to the dev team for that! Can't wait to recruit Zarabeth, TOS Sarek and Leila!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just added a third star to my Ambassador Sarek on my first Campaign portal, so I'm already prepping for the mega. It looks like a good theme. I hope we get a good story.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »
    EV Suit McCoy?
    6pqgegt60j8f.png

I wish they could get approval for Star Trek Continues.....

tf9hq99md0dc.jpg
    13ve2fq8dmyb.jpeg

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I know it wasn’t mentioned in the announcement, but now would be the prefect time to add Robin Curtis Saavik 🖖🖖

Captain Level 99

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    EV Suit McCoy?
    6pqgegt60j8f.png

tf9hq99md0dc.jpg
    13ve2fq8dmyb.jpeg
    EV Suit McCoy?
    6pqgegt60j8f.png

tf9hq99md0dc.jpg
    13ve2fq8dmyb.jpeg

I would bet that the people behind Star Trek Continues would allow it.
    Let’s fly!
  • I mean, to use Grant’s likeness they’d need to contact his estate over that. But they could just make an EV Suit Sulu and count it as Timelines Original
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yknow now that you guys mention it, a Spocktober mega might be a pretty good time for a XON too :)

star-trek-lower-decks-xon-reference-spock-easter-egg.jpg?resize=692%2C432

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    EV Suit McCoy?
    6pqgegt60j8f.png

tf9hq99md0dc.jpg
    13ve2fq8dmyb.jpeg
    EV Suit McCoy?
    6pqgegt60j8f.png

tf9hq99md0dc.jpg
    13ve2fq8dmyb.jpeg

I bet CBS wouldn't allow it. It would appear to be giving their approval to Continues.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    EV Suit McCoy?
    6pqgegt60j8f.png

tf9hq99md0dc.jpg
    13ve2fq8dmyb.jpeg
    EV Suit McCoy?
    6pqgegt60j8f.png

tf9hq99md0dc.jpg
    13ve2fq8dmyb.jpeg

I bet CBS wouldn't allow it. It would appear to be giving their approval to Continues.

You are doubtless right. I've seen 5 or 6 of the episodes and they are great, but CBS surely doesn't want the competition.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just immortalised Kal-if-fee Spock today from a voyage, I have been waiting two years for the final star, and five will come along this month.

I have over 20 Vulcans thawed, so won't be thawing any for the event, but will be levelling a few this week, including a second copy of Science Officer Spock.

It seems daft, and poor marketing to have just half a faction event at the start, because it reduces the incentive to buy the premium track on the campaign, and means many who do buy it will only have SO Spock at one star for the event.
    Just immortalised Kal-if-fee Spock today from a voyage, I have been waiting two years for the final star, and five will come along this month.

I have over 20 Vulcans thawed, so won't be thawing any for the event, but will be levelling a few this week, including a second copy of Science Officer Spock.

It seems daft, and poor marketing to have just half a faction event at the start, because it reduces the incentive to buy the premium track on the campaign, and means many who do buy it will only have SO Spock at one star for the event.

Or two stars, for those who already had him - not that it's a significant improvement.

I'm really not looking forward to the next full faction event. Players will have at least 4 weeks of boosts saved up. (Which is part of the reason I burned a large portion of my stash this week.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    there were about 7 weeks leading up to the Decoy Kira event, which was outrageous. 1500 was a score of 701k. there's always worse.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't going to thaw any crew, but 10 free slots and the dilithium for 60 more means "why not?" I might as well.