Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: His Vulcan Mind - 10/22 - ME#3

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in The Bridge
Early edition as I am unavailable tomorrow

Event Name: His Vulcan Mind
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: T'Pring 5* (New), EV Suit McCoy 4* (New), and Christine Chapel 4* (Existing).
Event Dates: Thursday 10/22 until Monday 10/26 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Leila Kalomi (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 10/29.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: EV Suit Spock 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
Bajoran, Klingon Empire, Hirogen

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and EV Suit Spock
• small bonus: variants of McCoy, Chapel, and crew with the Vulcan trait.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another EV Suit crew. This one be the TOS "hefty bag" suit?!?!?

Please and thank you!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. I think Christine is 3/4* from her event. This will finish her off.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the info Shan.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Didn’t we just have a Chapel event? :neutral::tongue::tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Didn’t we just have a Chapel event? :neutral::tongue::tongue:

Goin’ to the chapel and we’re gonna get an event.
    Goin’ to the chapel and we’re gonna get an event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Where is my EV suit collection??
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is my EV suit collection??

#ComingSoon
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leila! Now we need this to complete the scene!
    2i8jyvjht3h1.jpg
    :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice nice, a 4/4 and a 4th star for a 3/4, can't ask for much more than that for my birthday weekend :) thanks as always Shan!!
  • Options
    That’s great and all... but when will we start seeing the Lower Decks crew? I am patiently hoarding dilithium and not wasting too much time on events because I am really hoping for new Lower Decks crew.
  • Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    How soon will this be added to the event hub? My fleet copies and pastes the event info to fleet chat each week. We've been looking forward to the event hub being added so we can stop with tedious process.

But we'll likely have to continue it if the previews won't be going up the same day as its posted to the forums. Many of our fleet members use the six days notice to decide whether to throw everything at the current event or to hold off a bit and throw everything at the next week's event.
  • Options
    Finally a wonderful TOS EV suit card
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    DimeDrl wrote: »
    How soon will this be added to the event hub? My fleet copies and pastes the event info to fleet chat each week. We've been looking forward to the event hub being added so we can stop with tedious process.

But we'll likely have to continue it if the previews won't be going up the same day as its posted to the forums. Many of our fleet members use the six days notice to decide whether to throw everything at the current event or to hold off a bit and throw everything at the next week's event.

Lucky. I'm the "Intelligence Officer" for our fleet. I can't get it to copy and paste right, so I have to retype it manually.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s great and all... but when will we start seeing the Lower Decks crew? I am patiently hoarding dilithium and not wasting too much time on events because I am really hoping for new Lower Decks crew.

There are two things at work here:

1) DB/WRG learned a lot from how crew were released when Discovery first aired and then how Picard and Lower Decks aired. Some of those early Disco crew don’t even entirely look like the actors they’re based on (see also: Reinforcements Stamets, Cadet Tilly, and Captain Lorca), and there was a bit of confusion and early spoilers based on traits. Other than Picard and Number One, whose pose was taken from one of the earliest (if not the very first) trailers from the show, PIC crew were basically withheld until after the season was over. Now that we’re finished with the first season of Lower Decks, the spoiler potential goes down as laggards like myself get caught up with everyone else.

2) Something I believe WRG’s Ben mentioned a few weeks back during a Timelines Talks episode, there was a mention of making sure that the art style from the show could be adapted to the art style for the game. I submit that this process was rather simple for TAS crew because that show was animated without a lot of detail. Every TAS crew’s artwork blows their source material away in terms of quality. Rescue Team Uhura was admittedly a slam dunk because there are plenty of pictures of her actual face but even the roughest TAS crew art (Commodore April) looks darn good. Lower Decks has a more detailed but much more stylized look, a look that if left untouched would look frankly terrible by comparison to other crew (see also: original art for Commander Tomalak and Blood Oath Jadzia). It’s undoubtedly a tricky process to make the Lower Decks characters look like they fit with the rest of the crew in the game but still make them look like themselves.

If I were the art director, I would have considered contracting at least some consulting hours from one of those animators who redraw characters like Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin in different styles...those people must have some tips or tricks they rely on, right?
  • Options

There are two things at work here:

1) DB/WRG learned a lot from how crew were released when Discovery first aired and then how Picard and Lower Decks aired. Some of those early Disco crew don’t even entirely look like the actors they’re based on (see also: Reinforcements Stamets, Cadet Tilly, and Captain Lorca), and there was a bit of confusion and early spoilers based on traits. Other than Picard and Number One, whose pose was taken from one of the earliest (if not the very first) trailers from the show, PIC crew were basically withheld until after the season was over. Now that we’re finished with the first season of Lower Decks, the spoiler potential goes down as laggards like myself get caught up with everyone else.

2) Something I believe WRG’s Ben mentioned a few weeks back during a Timelines Talks episode, there was a mention of making sure that the art style from the show could be adapted to the art style for the game. I submit that this process was rather simple for TAS crew because that show was animated without a lot of detail. Every TAS crew’s artwork blows their source material away in terms of quality. Rescue Team Uhura was admittedly a slam dunk because there are plenty of pictures of her actual face but even the roughest TAS crew art (Commodore April) looks darn good. Lower Decks has a more detailed but much more stylized look, a look that if left untouched would look frankly terrible by comparison to other crew (see also: original art for Commander Tomalak and Blood Oath Jadzia). It’s undoubtedly a tricky process to make the Lower Decks characters look like they fit with the rest of the crew in the game but still make them look like themselves.

If I were the art director, I would have considered contracting at least some consulting hours from one of those animators who redraw characters like Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin in different styles...those people must have some tips or tricks they rely on, right?

The whole point of bringing in people from a show is that they look like that person. I do not want a stylized Mariner or Boimler, I want a Mariner and Boimler as seen in Lower Decks. I loved the TAS that looked like TAS and did not like Rescue Team Uhura as she looked too much like all the other Uhuras.

exnxlsl762vb.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Lower Decks isn't even available outside of the US
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Short Treks was also not available internationally when they first started introducing characters, so I'm quite confident that isn't factoring into TP's calculations one bit. They either have the license or they don't, and if sounds like they do.

Your statement is also blatantly false, as Canada is not actually the 51st state.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Short Treks was also not available internationally when they first started introducing characters, so I'm quite confident that isn't factoring into TP's calculations one bit. They either have the license or they don't, and if sounds like they do.

Your statement is also blatantly false, as Canada is not actually the 51st state.

I'll get the aloe vera......

acv4g1ox6a38.gif
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    DimeDrl wrote: »

Currently the event hub will only show info about an event that is in an announce phase, and that is still scheduled for the Wednesday prior. Should that change, it will be reflected in the event hub.
  • Options
    Still not seeing the point of the event hub. Maybe down the road it will be something but right now it is just annoying.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Still not seeing the point of the event hub. Maybe down the road it will be something but right now it is just annoying.

agreed
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

They've said on multiple occasions that it's a means to an end, and that the end isn't ready yet.
  • Options

They've said on multiple occasions that it's a means to an end, and that the end isn't ready yet.

Then I think they could have waited on release until it was.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I am so sorry.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    What witchcraft is this? That suit shouldn't look so good.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport