Home The Bridge
Options

What happens when you go through all the voyage dilemmas?

So there are 36 dilemmas. By my understanding you can shorten that to 33 if you pick the “wrong” choice on a couple of dilemmas that close off the next part to them. So if you extend your voyage enough to go through every dilemma, what happens? Will it start to repeat them? Does it automatically send the voyage back once they’re all used up? I have enough voyage tokens saved up to extend a voyage that far but I wanted to know what to expect first. I want to go ahead and finish some of those voyage only cards

Comments

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    As far as I know, once you've completed all dilemmas, if you let it go for another 2 hours, the voyage gets stuck and you'll have to contact CS. If you recall it after that last dilemma, everything works as usual (except for the much longer return time)
  • Options
    (I think someone else mentioned the voyage getting stuck. Personally, when I went for the three-day voyage, I recalled it as soon as I had reached part 3 of both 3-parters and there were still one or two other dilemmas to go, so I have no personal experience of it)
  • Options
    It makes me wonder if the regular voyage stuck bug occurs because it failed to load a dilemma even though there are ones available.
  • Options
    So there are 36 dilemmas. By my understanding you can shorten that to 33 if you pick the “wrong” choice on a couple of dilemmas that close off the next part to them. So if you extend your voyage enough to go through every dilemma, what happens? Will it start to repeat them? Does it automatically send the voyage back once they’re all used up? I have enough voyage tokens saved up to extend a voyage that far but I wanted to know what to expect first. I want to go ahead and finish some of those voyage only cards

I haven't seen the "dilemmas" that can have a part 2 or more repeat, however, the 'cheap' ones can repeat forever as long as the voyage 'stuck' glitch doesn't hit. I mean I've had the "Help the Andorian or the Gorn" one three or four times on several long-hauls. :D
  • Options
    Admiral 8Q wrote: »

I haven't seen the "dilemmas" that can have a part 2 or more repeat, however, the 'cheap' ones can repeat forever as long as the voyage 'stuck' glitch doesn't hit. I mean I've had the "Help the Andorian or the Gorn" one three or four times on several long-hauls. :D

Wait are you serious? From what I understand, I thought the dilemmas don’t repeat in a single voyage. That’s why so many people run the 36 hour voyage, to go through every dilemma. I’ve certainly never had a repeat during a long voyage.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Wait are you serious? From what I understand, I thought the dilemmas don’t repeat in a single voyage. That’s why so many people run the 36 hour voyage, to go through every dilemma. I’ve certainly never had a repeat during a long voyage.

I can't be 100% sure about it because I only kept track of it in my head, but I tried to run two all-dilemmas voyages, one of which got stuck after two days and one that lasted for about 30 dilemmas. I can't remember any of the dilemmas appearing twice during the same voyage.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't repeat. Voyages often blur into one when you run enough of them. It just seems like they repeat.

But they don't.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    It makes me wonder if the regular voyage stuck bug occurs because it failed to load a dilemma even though there are ones available.
    I’ve had this happen on my alt. It had to be recalled by CS. I was very close to getting both Picard and McCoy.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

dgjr8ucyvz46.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Dilemmas do not repeat. Players have confirmed this multiple times. They have also confirmed the behavior after running out of dilemmas. The only way the "clear the table" voyage works to get the 3 part crew is because dilemmas do not repeat.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just completed a 36 hour voyage and none of the dilemmas repeated. The second I finished the last dilemma I started my return, as I'd heard from others about it getting stuck trying to load a nonexistent 37th.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I got stuck because I thought I still had a dilemma left. I answered so I would not get the part 2 dilemma of the two part dilemmas. That meant I had a total of 33 dilemmas. I think the voyage length is displayed in days and hours. So 2 days and 18 hours is equivalent to 66 hours. I was tired and busy at work. I just did not realize that I was at the 66 hour mark and I let the voyage keep going. When it failed, I was thinking I was hitting the return button but of course it was the abandon button. I contacted CS and they did compensate me but I had to insist on better compensation then they were giving me. I had no pictures so I could not show them what I had. I was satisfied in the end with what in total that I had gotten.

Just to let you know though, once it fails only two or three items can be seen. It would have taken 100 or more screenshots to capture it all. I did not have the memory on my phone for that. But it did not matter, I did not realize that I was stuck with no way of returning.

Also this getting stuck was about a month and a half ago. How it gets stuck, after you continue past the last dilemma, it will get stuck if it runs out of AM. Or, if you make it to the next dilemma, there will be no next dilemma and the voyage will just be stuck, with no way of returning.
  • Options
    So, the save option would be to return right after you clear the last dilemma, but going on for a little while might bring some additional rewards..... So that is really the last dilemma... ;)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gul Duhan wrote: »
    So, the save option would be to return right after you clear the last dilemma, but going on for a little while might bring some additional rewards..... So that is really the last dilemma... ;)

I did exactly that the previous time. I set alarm. More importantly I was able to concentrate on the game, so I knew exactly what I was doing.
  • Options
    We need new dilemmas asap! Very stale!
  • Options
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    We need new dilemmas asap! Very stale!

On that subject, what would you like to see; additional dilemmas as to extend voyages or replace some of the old onces?
  • Options
    So I’m nearly two days into a voyage now. So far so good, though several times it didn’t load the dilemma right away when I clicked on the “dilemma available” button. And a couple of times the dilemma that shows up in the log is different from the dilemma I actually completed.
  • Options

I can say for a fact!! I did one that lasted a day and I had many repeats.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a few two-parters added. In terms of rewards, I'd recommend an SR behold, random legendary ship schematics, or random Legendary crew (perhaps drawing from an older pool than just what's in the portal).

I think these rewards would be more exciting, and more useful, than adding new voyage exclusive crew. Especially in the long term.

Replacing vanilla dilemmas with new vanilla dilemmas would be fun, but I'm not sure if the effort to write/translate/implement would really be worthwhile.

I also think a new voyage event would be cool, but I don't know how the specifics would work. This seems like a better opportunity for custom dilemmas. Possibly even a small pool that includes new multi-part dilemmas.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Well this can’t be good. There was supposed to be a dilemma, but this is all I’m seeing when I check. Can’t do anything.

vd4dic0kpdgv.png
  • Options
    Well this can’t be good. There was supposed to be a dilemma, but this is all I’m seeing when I check. Can’t do anything.

vd4dic0kpdgv.png

@Sisko's Self-Sealing Stembolaya [FF] Try to restart the game. If that doesn't work, try to restart it from different devices. Sometimes after a few (or a lot of) attempts the dilemma will unlock. There's no guarantee though :(
  • Options
    @Emperor Borg Drone i don’t really have a way to access from a different device. I just checked it again though, and the counter seems to still be going up and I don’t know why. This is completely devastating. All those voyage tokens wasted, and I never even got to Champion of the People part 3...

lrp81j0ru5ag.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    That happened to me on my first attempt and I had to recall it :(
    I hope you have enough tokens for a second try.

Not sure if it's of any relevance, but I had a few dilemmas that took a lot of time or several restarts to load on that first voyage. On the second one, they all loaded normally. So maybe if they take longer than normal to load within the first day, it might be best to recall it before it gets stuck completely and try again on another occasion. But I haven't heard anyone else's experiences with dilemmas that load slowly, so it might just be a coincidence.
  • Options
    I don’t have enough tokens. This is maddening. I save up for months to do this, waiting for the perfect time, and this is what happens. Through no fault of my own I’m just out of luck on this? Is it possible CS would help me? Because this is just unfair
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I went for long voyages, a couple time the dilemma screen would show but none would load. What I did was close the app, shut off my wifi, power off my phone, then restart everything on a different wifi network (or on data). That usually did the trick, but a couple times I had to do this more than once per dilemma.

The feedback I received is that if possible, you should get into your voyage just before it's time for the dilemma to occur, rather than waiting until the dilemma available icon is showing.

Having said all that, I don't recall an instance where my voyage screen was completely blank like your screenshot. I'd just try various combinations of restarting your device & app, ideally attempting to do so on different networks and/or devices... good luck!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I don’t have enough tokens. This is maddening. I save up for months to do this, waiting for the perfect time, and this is what happens. Through no fault of my own I’m just out of luck on this? Is it possible CS would help me? Because this is just unfair

@Sisko's Self-Sealing Stembolaya [FF] I'm not sure about CS, but I would definitely try. I remember about four instances where I contacted them because things didn't go as planned on a voyage (one time the dilemma didn't show the option it should have, despite me picking the right choice in the previous one - the other times it got stuck). I've had mixed outcomes, so I don't think there is any rule on how they handle these requests.

• Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

The feedback I received is that if possible, you should get into your voyage just before it's time for the dilemma to occur, rather than waiting until the dilemma available icon is showing.

That's interesting, because it's how one of mine got stuck :sweat_smile:
    But it's not like one stuck voyage has any statistical value, so it might still be true :sweat_smile:

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and no. They will help you somewhat. The initial offer will probably be lousy. You will need to keep pushing for more.

They are very good at making up for what you earned so far on the voyage and giving you a little extra for the trouble. Where they struggle is making up for how long you planned to go. You were at 54/66 hours. They don't like to give you the rewards for the final 12 hours and don't seem to understand that you saved ~20 tokens and will now need to wait 4-5 months before trying to get the 3 part dilemmas again.

If you keep pushing and escalate you can hopefully get something. But it will be very difficult to get both 3 part crew or getting your 20 tokens back so you can try again. But def try and keep pushing until you're satisfied. Maybe they've improved the process since I last heard from someone who went through it.