Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Sha Ka Ree - 10/29 - ME#4

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Sha Ka Ree
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Leila Kalomi 5* (New), Zarabeth 4* (New), and Sybok 4* (Existing).
Event Dates: Thursday 10/29 until Monday 11/02 at Noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Riker Odan (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event (flashback) starting on 11/05.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: EV Suit Spock 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew and EV Suit Spock
• medium bonus: crew with the Vulcan trait.
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Terran Empire Constellation Class 3* (Existing)
- Romulan D'deridex Warbird 4* (Existing)
- U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A 5* (Existing)

Comments

• Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this means after event the Riker, Bashir and Mycelial Culber packs will be up then!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemy Within flashback after Mega. (that's the one with no 400k threshold, you get riker copies by competing in the skirmish)
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also the weird event that had a 4* reward that was bonus for the next event instead of the current event. And had a 5* event crew who was pack only.

Using a "one off" event as a flashback event is an interesting choice. It's an event that really could have used tweaking rewards when it was replayed.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemy Within flashback after Mega. (that's the one with no 400k threshold, you get riker copies by competing in the skirmish)

The event crew pool for Enemy Within was/is quite large due to Physicians also being bonus crew ... so any player with thoughts of freezing a McCoy variant after this weekend, might do well to keep them out just a couple weeks longer.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect! With MED being my lowest average skill and needing to clear up a few slots, I decided yesterday to work my way through all my FF MED crew and keep the ones that gave me an improvement and freeze the ones that didn't or the ones they replaced, thus improving my MED roster and clearing some space. No only will the flashback event give me an excuse to start on my physicians, but it will let me finish that 3/4 Bashir.
    Thanks TP! Now about the keyboard not appearing and having to search by hand...
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Isn't there usually a two star ship for the lowest level ? or have they changed the levels ?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are trying something new? The 3* ships don't see much use after a certain point and it was this month's reward card schematic, IIRC.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Disappointing when there’s a skirmish and no new ship imo.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    An opportunity to finally FF Sybok, and to grab Riker Odan? I'm game!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, guess I won't be finishing my Sybok. Since it disappeared from my crew......

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Disappointing when there’s a skirmish and no new ship imo.

No new ship, no possible new „stupid“ voyages trait. 🤗

I’d rather get a “stupid voyage trait” and sacrifice a little bit of voyage time for a fun new ship (like TOS Romulan Bird of Prey) :wink::wink: 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    A quick PSA for the skirmish event, re: ship abilities.

Leila Kalomi (+3 to +7 evasion, 6 sec init, 8 sec duration, +1000 crit rating w/ cloak trigger).
    Sybok (+4 to +7 evasion, 6 sec init, 8 sec duration, 10% shield repair).
    EV Suit Spock (+5 to +9 accuracy, 8 sec init, 8 sec duration, +11 accuracy w/ position trigger).
    Zarabeth (we won't know until Wed).

Unless Zarabeth has awesome ship skills (because being trapped in an ice age several millennia before your planet develops meaningful technology is a basis for elite ship skills?), I'd imagine most players would be better off with Spock or Sybok.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Leila Kalomi (+3 to +7 evasion, 6 sec init, 8 sec duration, +1000 crit rating w/ cloak trigger).
    EV Suit Spock (+5 to +9 accuracy, 8 sec init, 8 sec duration, +11 accuracy w/ position trigger).

Unless Zarabeth has awesome ship skills (because being trapped in an ice age several millennia before your planet develops meaningful technology is a basis for elite ship skills?), I'd imagine most players would be better off with Spock or Sybok.

For most players with a strong crew, none of them will matter beyond the bonus VP. Might as well use Spock who you have unfrozen and keep sybock in cryo to save the merits.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

For most players with a strong crew, none of them will matter beyond the bonus VP. Might as well use Spock who you have unfrozen and keep sybock in cryo to save the merits.

I thawed out Sybok for two reasons:

-I had a momentary brain fart and forgot about Spock.
    -Sybok’s ability initializes in 6 seconds rather than 8. Does it make a huge difference, especially for someone using a Krayton/Killy/RPC/Garth setup? Maybe not, but Spock at 8 seconds for initialization will honestly be slightly less helpful when so many battles are over before he’d ever have a chance to participate.

I hear that. And if I had unfrozen Sybok I might have used him too. But my thinking is, if the battle is over before Spock can activate, then is Sybok really being helpful? Sure he can be activated. But if the total time before victory is the same, then he's not really helping you win battles any quicker. If Sybok's boost was hull regen then I might feel slightly differently to heal whatever minor hull damage you pick up from boarding, but shields recharge for the next battle anyway.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I thawed out Sybok for two reasons:

-I had a momentary brain fart and forgot about Spock.
    -Sybok’s ability initializes in 6 seconds rather than 8. Does it make a huge difference, especially for someone using a Krayton/Killy/RPC/Garth setup? Maybe not, but Spock at 8 seconds for initialization will honestly be slightly less helpful when so many battles are over before he’d ever have a chance to participate.

I hear that. And if I had unfrozen Sybok I might have used him too. But my thinking is, if the battle is over before Spock can activate, then is Sybok really being helpful? Sure he can be activated. But if the total time before victory is the same, then he's not really helping you win battles any quicker. If Sybok's boost was hull regen then I might feel slightly differently to heal whatever minor hull damage you pick up from boarding, but shields recharge for the next battle anyway.

You’re absolutely correct - Sybok will only be helpful on the rare occasions (1 in 10-20 battles) where I haven’t obliterated my opponent in under 6 seconds. For anyone who doesn’t participate in the gauntlet or runs a net negative merit balance in the gauntlet, just use Spock and call it a day - the 100 merits minimum it would cost to thaw him can get you two gauntlet opponent refreshes or ~1/7th of a merit pack in the portal.

For those of us who use the gauntlet as a merit farm and can spare 100 merits, there may be a use case for Sybok. A limited one that could be entirely invalidated by Zarabeth, so don’t get antsy like I did and pull the trigger on the unthaw machine until Wednesday.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Sybok is in this event. Every other event he has been I have airlocked all copies of him but now I need him for the Vulcan collection.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @(A) Traveling Man
    @ChaosChild
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for making me smile today.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited my original post to change the end time in UTC, 17:00 instead of 16:00 as the USA is switching from DST this Sunday. As a result the event will also last one hour longer.
  • Sybok would be a hit at the Klingon prison.

"Choose your pain!"
    I want to become a Dilionaire...