Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: A Night at the Theater - 11/12

Comments

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week you said "Holonovel Doctor, will be a bonus crew for the event starting on 11/12". Has he morphed to be Author Doctor now?
    There are two possible categories that fall under "bonus crew":
    Shan wrote: »
    Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of ...

It wasn't specified into which group Holonovel Doctor would fall (despite rather a lot of feedback about this lack of clarity both last time and this time!), so there's no morphing going on - he's just in the "small bonus" subset of "bonus crew". :wink:
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Last week you said "Holonovel Doctor, will be a bonus crew for the event starting on 11/12". Has he morphed to be Author Doctor now?

It means small bonus as a variant of the Author Doc. Author is event, all EMH by default as variants will give small bonus. That is what they attempted to say. Honestly, half this thread is going to be this repeated issue just like last time. I think they would do less damage and waste less time if they simply deleted that. All that matters is who the rank reward is, his relevance to the next event is minor.
  • Options
    Ah OK. I expect most people read it the same way I did. And honestly, I don't know why not just have Holonovel the featured crew instead of Author. But, it doesn't really make that much difference.
  • Options
    I'm imagining an ending with Seska ending up assimilated by the Borg. That would even open up some real drama dialogue between Seven, Janeway, and Chakotay.

Seska becomes the Borg Queen...!

She would have settled for nothing less! That ambitious Cardassian/Maquis/Kazon.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Small Bonus because he is a variant of EMH.......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »

It means small bonus as a variant of the Author Doc. Author is event, all EMH by default as variants will give small bonus. That is what they attempted to say. Honestly, half this thread is going to be this repeated issue just like last time. I think they would do less damage and waste less time if they simply deleted that. All that matters is who the rank reward is, his relevance to the next event is minor.

Or if they simply say upfront he is Small Bonus.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah OK. I expect most people read it the same way I did. And honestly, I don't know why not just have Holonovel the featured crew instead of Author. But, it doesn't really make that much difference.

Because I imagine there would be a whole new outrage at getting the same crew in the threshold rewards two weeks in a row.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    woohoo a new seska AND is anybody somehow, after all this time, actually OUT of MED boosts after the couple of galaxies we had that used them during spocktober?
    thanks as always Shan!!
  • Options
    Are we going to have to start Author Doc over if he's already immortal or will it just happen?

You will need to remove Holonovel Doc from Cryostaysis if he is immortalised and frozen
  • Options
    Are we going to have to start Author Doc over if he's already immortal or will it just happen?

You will need to remove Holonovel Doc from Cryostaysis if he is immortalised and frozen

Joke made a clean fly-by?
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holonovel Doctor and Author Doctor are the Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton of Star Trek Timelines...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I liked Seska and wish they hadn’t gone the villain route.

I wish they had kept her as the villain longer. She could have shown up with the Vidiians, or maybe some other species along the way. Maybe redemption at some point. I just know that more would have been better. I mean, she was a Cardassian after all. They are (imo) the best villains and anti-heroes in all of Star Trek. :)

They should have found a way to increase her story-arc. I thought the potential for her character was lost on the Kazon. Towards the end of the series, giving her a possible way to gain redemption at the cost of herself would have been very interesting. Or at the very least, if she had barely failed in some epic plot of Voyager destruction during the final season.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Seska and wish they hadn’t gone the villain route.

I wish they had kept her as the villain longer. She could have shown up with the Vidiians, or maybe some other species along the way. Maybe redemption at some point. I just know that more would have been better. I mean, she was a Cardassian after all. They are (imo) the best villains and anti-heroes in all of Star Trek. :)

They should have found a way to increase her story-arc. I thought the potential for her character was lost on the Kazon. Towards the end of the series, giving her a possible way to gain redemption at the cost of herself would have been very interesting. Or at the very least, if she had barely failed in some epic plot of Voyager destruction during the final season.

What if she had sacrificed herself to make sure that her baby was delivered to Voyager to be raised by Chakotay? That could have been a pretty tense episode.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I can't wait! I rewatched that VOY episode recently, and it's great fun. The Seska from that episode is a worthy gold.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit the Kazon caused me to quit watching Trek for a while. So bad.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bad a commander was Chakotay? His small maquis ship he commanded had Tuvok, a Federation spy, Seska, a Cardassian spy, and Lon Suder, a violent murderer.

From memory I think he also crashed/damaged the most shuttles through the whole series, so not a great pilot either :(

To be fair to Chakotay, those were some pretty terrible shuttles. So much so they built the Delta Flyer to have a new shuttle to crash every week.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I will admit the Kazon caused me to quit watching Trek for a while. So bad.

That always bothered me, too. They could have used Seska more to make that more realistic, but they didn't. Now... the first season on most Trek series are awkward, so I gave them a pass on s1. But when the Kazon were back in s2, it just grated on my nerves.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Her arc was one of the terrible things about the first two seasons (mind you, I love Voyager). It would have been far more believable if she was twisting the Kazon to pursue Voyager because she didn't want to be left behind. The promise of riches, as bait, and all that. Kind of an "I wanted to get away, but in retrospect, that was a really bad idea" kind of thing. As it was - it made no sense that Kazon space was that vast, and yet they kept running into the same ships.

Instead of making her a legitimate case of strange bedfellows trying to get along (like they tried to do with the Maquis crew), they just made her a cartoon villain. Missed opportunity if you ask me...

I agree with you. Voyager had a tendency to take the easy way out of interesting plotlines and potentially complex characters arcs.

Seska could have been a much better villain if she kept chasing them and confronting them and, as you said, if she had just used the Kazon to gain a more reasonable type of advantage. The idea that someone as cunning as her would side with the Kazon, people who didn't have the slightest respect for her and no means whatsoever to get her back to the Alpha quadrant, just out of spite, doesn't make much sense.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Her arc was one of the terrible things about the first two seasons (mind you, I love Voyager). It would have been far more believable if she was twisting the Kazon to pursue Voyager because she didn't want to be left behind. The promise of riches, as bait, and all that. Kind of an "I wanted to get away, but in retrospect, that was a really bad idea" kind of thing. As it was - it made no sense that Kazon space was that vast, and yet they kept running into the same ships.

Instead of making her a legitimate case of strange bedfellows trying to get along (like they tried to do with the Maquis crew), they just made her a cartoon villain. Missed opportunity if you ask me...

I agree with you. Voyager had a tendency to take the easy way out of interesting plotlines and potentially complex characters arcs.

Seska could have been a much better villain if she kept chasing them and confronting them and, as you said, if she had just used the Kazon to gain a more reasonable type of advantage. The idea that someone as cunning as her would side with the Kazon, people who didn't have the slightest respect for her and no means whatsoever to get her back to the Alpha quadrant, just out of spite, doesn't make much sense.

Agreed. I really did not like that portion of Voyager. She could have been a great, continual antagonist for the Voyager crew. I think about all the places she could have been inserted into the series to add significant wrinkles to the plot...

Also, if it had happened, getting her child back to the crew would have been an interesting story line.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    It would be funny if we had to "build" Barclay's nose. :D
  • Options

I'm pretty sure devs have done similar things in the past. I almost expect something like that. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited November 2020

I'm pretty sure devs have done similar things in the past. I almost expect something like that. :)

Considering some of the stuff we build, I expect at least three levels will need a nose.....
  • Options

Considering some of the stuff we build, I expect at least three levels will need a nose.....

Maybe a legendary nose. :D
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    The office is closed tomorrow so they event notes are up early! :)

thanks shan!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, why the nerfed conditional ship ability for Seska? If she had a crazy high atk buff or swung super fast maybe, but she seems middle of the road otherwise. Not many battles are going to last long enough for a third swing with her timing.