Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Insurrection Omega - 11/19

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Insurrection Omega
    Event Type: Skirmish Event (ship battles)
    Event Crew: Maquis Takeover Seska 5* (New), Maquis Takeover Paris 4* (New), and Usurper Lorca 5* (Existing - pack only/not in rewards)
    Event Dates: Thursday 11/19 until Monday 11/23 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Carlos Data (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/26.

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • medium bonus: variants of Seska, T. Paris, and Lorca
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
    - Val Jean 2* (Existing)
    - La Sirena 4* (Existing)
    - Warship Voyager 5* (New)

So, until we get Paris, most of us cannot get full Bonus? Not sure I like the game going in that direction.

I was pondering this thought as well. I understand it would only take a few rounds to obtain the Paris card (and probably will not make or break anyone points-wise), and I am still not a fan... It feels like giving the shaft to players with less developed crews.

Further, I wish they would insert some of the older DL's (decrepit legendary) into the reward structure as a way to entice newer players with less developed crews to go deeper into events for a helpful card, as well as possibly getting some of the older players to play more of the event for a card he/she is simply trying to obtain (and isn't necessarily a statistically significant card).

Again, just my two cents. Take it, or throw it into a dumpster fire. ;)

Good thoughts. If Lorca were in threshold rewards and you could get a 1/5... in addition to the 1/5 Seska this week... basically either legendary would add a star. I wonder what that would do to pack sales.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I'm glad the rate of skirmish events has gone up the past few months. For a while there they weren't happening much outside of Megas.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    When people are talking about buying packs for the 4*, do you mean to be able to FF both the threshold and the ranked cards?

I've been using the campaign citation to complete the threshold card. But in saying that I only ever get the threshold card because I've never ranked high enough to get the ranked card, so haven't worried about 2 cards at the same time.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of pack only golds. It devalues doing events.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    While I understand the hesitance in this new reward structure, but I think there's value in it because it gives pack-only golds a chance at a big bonus. Before their only event chances were trait or variant bonuses and this can be a tricky game for some cards. Especially for one-off cards that really can only depend on traits.

I'm okay with this structure for a skirmish, and I might even be okay with it if it was a faction with a crazy amount of varients to make up for not having a big bonus card ready to go. I don't think this reward structure is perfect by any means, but I appreciate what they are trying to do with it. It gives them better flexibility with who is featured for events. I have actually wanted to see more options for pack golds to get featured in events. I personally always pictured it as a reverse rerun where we get a new story but the card isn't brand new (though I could also see this being unpopular with some players who like getting a new gold every week), but it would be a way that pack-only golds could be more accessible after a time.

Who knows, they have discussed looking at the reward structure for rank1500-25 on the Timelines Talks and they may add the second gold as part of the ranked rewards when they are reworking that structure (crossed fingers for when that happens)
  • Options
    vvs4p0wm6xaq.gif
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    While the odds of getting the 5* you want are cut in half, the odds of getting the 4th star for the purple are doubled. It makes it much more worth pulling a pack to finish the purple.

Good point. I completely forgot about that. And it also means that you can have a paris at the start without needing to wait for the first threshold.

Great point I was planning to take it easy this event. Then I thought I would have to work in this event. Now I will just buy a pack with dil. and that will be my event skirmish crew whoever it is.

Thanks

Back to taking it easy this event😊
  • Options
    Maybe STT has a large enough roster now it's worth having four event crew?

There are disadvantages to not having both a new and recurring Super Rare.

At the same time, there are advantages to having two Legendaries in an event, particularly if one of them is a one-off character you're not likely to see pop up in one.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe STT has a large enough roster now it's worth having four event crew?

There are disadvantages to not having both a new and recurring Super Rare.

At the same time, there are advantages to having two Legendaries in an event, particularly if one of them is a one-off character you're not likely to see pop up in one.

I...wouldn't hate this. I have tonnes of crew languishing at 1/5, and having a reason to use them could be nice.
  • Options
    Having a second, older Legendary in isn't terrible (the stats in some cases are now in the Super Rare range anyway), but there should be a copy in thresholds, or a single tier community reward, or adjusted odds in the pack. Something. Maybe a citation in there somewhere too, in case you have him 5/5?
    All three are new to me, so I'm buying one pack, maybe more if I hit a gold first off and not the 4*. I'm stopping at one pack copy of the purple, regardless

^^^ Exactly this. Its a win-win pack (and avoids the irritation of "oh, already got the existing 4* *again*"). Those of us who haven't been playing for so long see this as a plus (but I do also feel slightly cheated that the pseudo-4* isn't in thresholds somewhere!).
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to change the subject, but...

Will the new Paris be the hologram version? I hope he will be. Maybe CMD/SEC. A tertiary is possible, but it won't matter much in my roster, so I hope there's a tertiary that makes others happy. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Not to change the subject, but...

Will the new Paris be the hologram version? I hope he will be. Maybe CMD/SEC. A tertiary is possible, but it won't matter much in my roster, so I hope there's a tertiary that makes others happy. :)

Hopefully something other than CMD/SEC/DIP- ENG would work well 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely convinced the model for Paris was actually Robert Duncan McNeil, but somehow I really like the look of him.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm not entirely convinced the model for Paris was actually Robert Duncan McNeil, but somehow I really like the look of him.

Y'all know I stink at naming actors. But, he definitely looks like someone else I have seen in stuff!!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with half a week to think about it, I'm still not sure where I stand on this double-legendary event thingy. I definitely prefer the arguments presented in favor of it, but that's completely undermined by my feeling of dread that I might pop an event pack, have the good fortune to get the event legendary... but it's only glorified 4* Usurper Lorca, who will either uselessly take up a crew slot or replace my good fortune with a paltry 550 Honor. A second star on traita-palooza Seska and her more inviting numbers/skills would be far more preferable.

So... here's what I think. This "double-legendary" thing only works if the second legendary is great. Mycelial Culber, for example. If they're not at least arguably worth a duplicate, I don't like it. And in this case, Usurper Lorca isn't even worth a first copy. Idea = good. This event's implementation = bad.

Possibly we need some sort of begold with a choice of the two legendaries and a random third lego, or triple-legendary events with a begold of the three, or just more carefully curated legendaries in future.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭

Y'all know I stink at naming actors. But, he definitely looks like someone else I have seen in stuff!!!!!!

Chris Pratt.
  • Options
    Katla wrote: »

Chris Pratt.

I was convinced it was Robert Duncan McNeil. But now all I can see is Chris Pratt.

🎶Hey Hey, what's the matter with your head yeah🎶
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Katla wrote: »

Chris Pratt.

I was convinced it was Robert Duncan McNeil. But now all I can see is Chris Pratt.

🎶Hey Hey, what's the matter with your head yeah🎶

....with a little D. B. Sweeney from 'Cutting Edge' thrown in for good measure...
    zx4rsnavz7pl.jpg
    ;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this Seska looks like a young Louise Fletcher
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I think some folks should have let checked their eyes. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I think some folks should have let checked their eyes. :D

Muphry's law is alive and well I see 😂
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Carlos Data is awesome! Sci-Med-Eng with a voyage score of 3522.

y032pof21fso.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an odd skill combo for Data. Also, his art is dope.