Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Insurrection Omega - 11/19

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Insurrection Omega
Event Type: Skirmish Event (ship battles)
Event Crew: Maquis Takeover Seska 5* (New), Maquis Takeover Paris 4* (New), and Usurper Lorca 5* (Existing - pack only/not in rewards)
Event Dates: Thursday 11/19 until Monday 11/23 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Carlos Data (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/26.

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew
• medium bonus: variants of Seska, T. Paris, and Lorca
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Val Jean 2* (Existing)
- La Sirena 4* (Existing)
- Warship Voyager 5* (New)

Comments

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know who will be the ranked SR reward? Lining up my skirmish crew to see if they match.
  • Options
    Two 5*? Does that mean you're going to have a purple in the ranked rewards that'll be bonus crew in the following week's event?
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar to Odan/Culber packs, will work the same way.
    Nice to see a way of getting older Golds in easier packs.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense to change the ranked existing 4* to provide a bonus in the next event, just like what was done to the ranked new 5* crew. Either way, if there is still going to be a ranked 4* reward, who is it??
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will still be a 4* ranked reward, it will be an existing variant of Paris.
    Variants of Paris will not provide an event bonus in the event starting on 11/26.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Finally, after months, a new main crew character as ranked legendary.
    Way overdue and i bet you‘ ll see a notable increase in event pack/offers
    sales(the event after where Carlos is featured). :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutated Paris would be great. Please tell the team that we would like to help him evolve, Shan. :)

I've gone this long without Usurper Lorca. I could probably go a bit longer. But I won't. I'll be forking over some cash to finally get him. Shan, again, please pass along my thanks and let them know I look forward to chasing the next Lorca that is added to the game. Maybe Agonized Lorca?

I'd still like to see something new for gameplay and a portal update (hopefully with a brand new Decrepit Legendary™ pool), but send my best to the team all the same. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    i'm surprised its a skirmish, i was really expecting this to be a Faction game after the gap since last one. I suspect there's a lot of reserves built up for when one comes along.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, 3 versions of Voyager plus a generic Intrepid Class and still don't have this in the game.....

y12fhdccl9hc.jpg
    :|

+1 to this. Not that I’m complaining about Warship Voyager, as Living Witness is one of my favorite Voyager episodes. It’s just that I think you’re leaving sales dollars on the table by not releasing such an iconic and gorgeous ship. Players notoriously averse to schematics packs need a little extra enticement and this ship would probably do it for me.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    I'm not that thrilled with this potential format change to having two legendary cards being event crew. That's two events within a month; to me, it doesn't bode well. While I realize this is for a skirmish, so the impact is light, it's not looking good for future (faction) events. It's clear, at least to me, that TP is trying to change the economics of the game to encourage more spending, but I don't think this is the best way to do that.

I don't know, I could be Garth Algar'ing with this, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You make a good point - players have noticed for a long time, particularly with re-run events, that doubling the number of legendary crew in event packs halves the chance that you get the one you want. Creative additions of value in LTOs and in the portal are going to be necessary to keep us going in between portal updates and other game feature additions.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not that thrilled with this potential format change to having two legendary cards being event crew. That's two events within a month; to me, it doesn't bode well. While I realize this is for a skirmish, so the impact is light, it's not looking good for future (faction) events. It's clear, at least to me, that TP is trying to change the economics of the game to encourage more spending, but I don't think this is the best way to do that.

You make a good point - players have noticed for a long time, particularly with re-run events, that doubling the number of legendary crew in event packs halves the chance that you get the one you want. Creative additions of value in LTOs and in the portal are going to be necessary to keep us going in between portal updates and other game feature additions.

I hadn't even thought in terms of odds with the packs; I generally avoid them and buy the 4th star for the new SR. But yeah, that will increase spending in a way that really messes with players.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited November 2020

In the case of skirmishes, where only one event crew is needed, I find this format acceptable, if not ideal. I'm going to buy one of the event deals to get my Lorca. His stats won't matter for the event. This is for fans, imo. As to the packs, I'll want both* legendaries. Seska is good and Lorca is a favorite. Folks who want to finish the SR this week can get a pack. Chances are about 90% of getting the 4th star. The other 10% gets them a legendary. That's really not a bad deal for a skirmish.

If this format were used for other event types, I would feel differently. I definitely approve for skirmishes though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Insurrection Omega
    Event Type: Skirmish Event (ship battles)
    Event Crew: Maquis Takeover Seska 5* (New), Maquis Takeover Paris 4* (New), and Usurper Lorca 5* (Existing - pack only/not in rewards)
    Event Dates: Thursday 11/19 until Monday 11/23 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Carlos Data (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/26.

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • medium bonus: variants of Seska, T. Paris, and Lorca
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
    - Val Jean 2* (Existing)
    - La Sirena 4* (Existing)
    - Warship Voyager 5* (New)

So, until we get Paris, most of us cannot get full Bonus? Not sure I like the game going in that direction.

I get what you are saying. But I don't think it is an issue. It only takes a few rounds to get the 4* crew. It is a minor inconvenience to me. Or it could be incentive to fight harder in this event.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the odds of getting the 5* you want are cut in half, the odds of getting the 4th star for the purple are doubled. It makes it much more worth pulling a pack to finish the purple.

Good point. I completely forgot about that. And it also means that you can have a paris at the start without needing to wait for the first threshold.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I do not appreciate the two 5* format. I want the flexibility of having more options for event crew. I want to be able to go through the effort of leveling up an existing and have it have potential value as an existing event crew in future. I'm not referencing this event specifically. This the second event and it's obvious they are play testing the format for all event types. This format may not be as impactful in a skirmish. But it trivializes existing 4* crew. Beyond collection, if event crew are rank only, pack only, and a single new 4*, what's the point? Beyond mid game potential in voyages, what's the point of citing or buying the last copy for crew that will potentially be frozen and forgotten because the event format doesn't use existing 4* crew?

Unless the existing 5* is going to have at least one copy in the rank rewards, or in an extended threshold, I don't appreciate the format. Its a slippery slope to trivializing even 4* crew and propping up the board for people who already dominate rankings. This format in other event types unbalances this as a game.

Very well said, I agree with you 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    I can't help noticing they have la Sirena as an existing ship , which is technically true , even though it isn't in the portal yet . As very few of us will have finished it , or have any chance of doing so in this event , it is just like having two new ships for the event .
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I like the two 5* format for skirmishes. It gives players a chance at getting an existing legendary, and judging from the two that we had so far, those will apparently be former Tuesday pack legendaries, which makes it interesting. In my opinion this and the almost guaranteed 4th star for the super-rare make the odds of getting the wrong legendary acceptable.

But I really don't like the idea of this format for faction events. As Exanimus mentioned, it makes immortalizing and collecting 4* irrelvant and it also creates a new disadvantage for low-spending or ftp players that didn't exist before.

I'm not sure about galaxy events.
  • Options
    I can't help noticing they have la Sirena as an existing ship , which is technically true , even though it isn't in the portal yet . As very few of us will have finished it , or have any chance of doing so in this event , it is just like having two new ships for the event .

This is an interesting point. Folks who joined before the last La Sirena skirmish (like my alt) will have a solid 4* ship starting out. It should be easy to complete skirmishes on elite difficulty. I don't think it really changes the situation for those who joined more recently. Either you have another 4* ship that will do the trick or you do not. A second opportunity to buy schematics packs (which I don't recommend), is the only way to get more schematics before the ship is added to the portal. Seems like a marketing tactic to me.

Basically, if WRG adds a 5* ship, then you weren't going to get 4* schematics regardless. I see this as more of a positive than a negative, though it's not very much more positive in the grand scheme.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭

I may have gotten some packs if I knew I would have a full share of Seskas. She actually fills a need on my roster (decent voyager with Cardassian trait). But having the odds of getting her halved by throwing in Lorca makes he very hesitant to play that slot machine.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I have stopped buying event packs. I hold onto my 3/4s until they either show up in the portal, a Friday discount pack or a mega event discount pack. It is for this reason that I can respect and actually like the idea of two legendaries in the event packs. Its a reason to buy event packs and a focused shot at getting an older legendary crew. I am okay with this.
    Another take away is that it forces me to compete in the event to get all 4 stars for the ranked super rare if I need to, instead of just trying to pull for them. It gives more reason to play, and more reason to spend. I like it.