Home The Bridge
Options

Will the campaign length be extended?

Firstly, I’d like to say that I am excited about the campaign being extended to extra tiers. More prizes are always welcome. I am just curious if the length of the campaign will be extended. The announcement has the campaign being the standard 28 days. As a VIP0 player, I would not get through the whole campaign if this one follows campaign norms. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Shan noted that there will be extra accolades in thresholds rewards of the upcoming events 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s why they are putting accolades in event thresholds
  • Options
    That makes sense. I guess I forgot what they were called went straight to panic. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first read it I thought it was being extended too.
  • Options
    So if I read the announcement right then if you buy the premium tier you’ll end up with two gold citations?
  • Options
    I’m just wondering where in the thresholds they will be....

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

At 750 and 35000 VP

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I read the announcement right then if you buy the premium tier you’ll end up with two gold citations?

That’s how I read it too. :):)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

It’s in the Announcement. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I’m curious if in the allotted time, there will be enough daily accolades (if you finish on schedule with about 4 days left) and reward tier accolades to get to 120 without needing to purchase accolades? I am assuming there would be, but we all know what assuming gets us... ;)
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    ah i missed that thanks 🖖

Captain Level 99

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious if in the allotted time, there will be enough daily accolades (if you finish on schedule with about 4 days left) and reward tier accolades to get to 120 without needing to purchase accolades? I am assuming there would be, but we all know what assuming gets us... ;)

If you complete all your dailies you'll have enough accolades to complete the first 112 campaign tiers. We'll need 1600 accolades from events to get to the 120th. That's assuming you're VIP0, higher VIP levels will be able to get further without the bonuses, and VIP14 will be able to clear the whole thing.

We don't know how many bonus accolades we'll be getting yet. I guess we find out on Thursday.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

If you complete all your dailies you'll have enough accolades to complete the first 112 campaign tiers. We'll need 1600 accolades from events to get to the 120th. That's assuming you're VIP0, higher VIP levels will be able to get further without the bonuses, and VIP14 will be able to clear the whole thing.

We don't know how many bonus accolades we'll be getting yet. I guess we find out on Thursday.

Wednesday? It'll show in the Event Rewards. Just an OCD observation.....

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🖖🏼
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

I usually finish six days or so before end, at VIP14. So, I think at least close, even without the Event Guys Accolades?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Wednesday? It'll show in the Event Rewards. Just an OCD observation.....

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🖖🏼

I stand corrected. Or I would if I could be bothered to get up. :p
  • Options
    You know what would be interesting? The numerics on Premium Track sales versus the 💯 Tier Campaign Premium Track sales. I would not be surprised to see a noticeable spike. The other 19 extras, plus a second Legendary cite? They be shaking their moneymaker!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🖖🏼
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is brilliant. Glad they finally took that step, and I hope they keep it. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there are 1000 accolades available in each event based on the rewards that were just posted for this week's event. That 5 tiers worth, so 4 events a month would get you those extra 20 tiers with minimal effort.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    Looks like there are 1000 accolades available in each event based on the rewards that were just posted for this week's event. That 5 tiers worth, so 4 events a month would get you those extra 20 tiers with minimal effort.

Unless they go for an expedition over Christmas again. :lol:
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »

Unless they go for an expedition over Christmas again. :lol:

I am not a huge fan of expeditions (who is?) but I still wish we had them more often than we actually do. If fo no other reason than to remind us that the existing event types are so much better. LOL

Seriously, though, with just some minor tweaks (conceptually, not sure if these would be easy or even doable programmatically) I think that expeditions can be quite effective (for example, get rid of tickets and make the runs chron based and add loot to the drops and/or add the special drops we get in skirms - just to name a couple ideas).
  • Options
    Is anyone else seeing double?

qt3ysg9uymwg.jpg

I've cleared my cache and rebooted the app and still seeing 2x missions for each mission type. I don't remember reading about this being part of the longer campaign (but maybe I missed it).
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options

qt3ysg9uymwg.jpg

I've cleared my cache and rebooted the app and still seeing 2x missions for each mission type. I don't remember reading about this being part of the longer campaign (but maybe I missed it).
    Madman1 wrote: »

qt3ysg9uymwg.jpg

It's a glitch that happens occasionally. Enjoy the bonus for today ;)

Its a glitch. You'll earn double your rewards for today and be a day ahead on the campaign. It'll correct itself tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @Madman1 and @ShadowPresence - I figured it was so, some kind of duplication in the code for the extension of the campaign. Definitely enjoying the sneaky bonuses!
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens from time to time. Most of us have had it at some point.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I also appreciate the additional campaign levels and being rewarded for participating in the weekly events, as well as the daily tasks. In particular, the extra citation and 10X portal pack are very welcome. I hope this campaign format (or something very like it) becomes assimilated into the collective.
  • Options
    I think this is brilliant. Glad they finally took that step, and I hope they keep it. :)

I concur. Keep the 1000 Accolades in each Event, and it is a very good change!!!!!

And Mike agrees......

f7cys8lufxm0.jpg
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a huge fan of expeditions (who is?)

Shirin_hand_raise_gif.gif

Seriously, though, with just some minor tweaks (conceptually, not sure if these would be easy or even doable programmatically) I think that expeditions can be quite effective (for example, get rid of tickets and make the runs chron based and add loot to the drops and/or add the special drops we get in skirms - just to name a couple ideas).

or just mix in honor drops like skirmishes have :)
  • Options
    I'm skeptical they're going to keep this format going forward, $10 for two legendary citations is already pretty phenomenal, and that's before adding a 4/5 and all the other goodies.

Which isn't to say I wouldn't love it to be the norm, but it feels more like a holiday treat. (And I certainly appreciate it.)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport