Home The Bridge

Disappearing Elusive Treasures

Just saw it in the shop but had to restart the game and it’s disappeared - is this coming back?

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤞
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    They pretty much always do it for Black Friday.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone clarify the LTOs?

Are the single pulls guaranteed to be a Behold/Begold? Are they guaranteed to be from the ET pool?

For the 10x packs, are they all ET crew, or just guaranteed at least 1 ET crew? Are all slots Behold/Begold?
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Sometimes they run the 2 ET packs for 11,000 dilithium. Doesn’t look to be the case at the moment. Just the vanilla package.
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    My personal best was three legendary beholds from one pull.
  • I'm not sure if it's still that way, but a couple of years ago the single pulls didn't guarantee an elusive crew. If they turned out to be a begold, then yes, if they turned out to be a purple pull, chances were you'd see 3 portal crew in it.
  • The 650 dl offer gets you one behold, and it includes 2 not from the elusives (in mine anyway). I realised no ships, but not that no other 'draws' either. 650dl a lot for 200 honour.
    Because DB/WRG pack wording is borderline predatory and typically vague/unclear, here is some clarifying information. Share this with your fleets on discord/line/etc

ELUSIVE TREASURES INFO

$10 gets you 3x SINGLE BEHOLDS. These could be purples or golds
    $50 gets you 2x of the 10x beholds. So this is 20 beholds. plus a Gold Cite
    $100 gets you 5x of the 10x beholds. So this is 50 beholds. plus a Gold Cite

10x beholds typicall guarantee one pull is a Non-Portal GOLD behold

in a $50 offer, you will get 2 gold beholds, 1 guaranteed per 10x that pulls from the limited pool of characters
    in a $100 offer, you will get 5 gold beholds, same as above

In the 10x packs, are all beholds from the ET pool, or could they be from the portal pool?
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    only one behold per 10x pack is guaranteed to be limited crew and that one is a LEGENDARY behold. the other 9 will be from the regular portal, with a small chance to be limited crew. Large chance to be a purple, small chance to be a gold.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    only one behold per 10x pack is guaranteed to be limited crew and that one is a LEGENDARY behold. the other 9 will be from the regular portal, with a small chance to be limited crew. Large chance to be a purple, small chance to be a gold.

Thanks
  • I did the $10 pack. $50 is a good one though. For $10 I got a gold behold and picked Leeland. The other 2 are purple beholds that I have long since frozen. The purple citation is useful though.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I'm not sure if it's still that way, but a couple of years ago the single pulls didn't guarantee an elusive crew. If they turned out to be a begold, then yes, if they turned out to be a purple pull, chances were you'd see 3 portal crew in it.

Yeah, definitely doesn’t guarantee an elusive crew. I bought the $10 offer and used my three single pulls and got at least one behold of all old crew (possibly a second; will need to double check if Logician Solok is an ET).

8d8yrfhapfz6.png

I did get BG Robinson in my first pull, so I am happy I got someone I didn’t have.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • only one behold per 10x pack is guaranteed to be limited crew and that one is a LEGENDARY behold. the other 9 will be from the regular portal, with a small chance to be limited crew. Large chance to be a purple, small chance to be a gold.

The pack info says that a 10x will provide a higher than usual chance of getting a limited crew. I did one pull and 4 of the beholds contained ET purples.
  • There are a number of characters (Talas, Admiral Clancy, Vahar'ai Saru, and a whole bunch more) who aren't listed as available in the ET pack but also aren't in the regular portal yet. Does that mean we're finally getting a portal update, maybe, I hope.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of characters (Talas, Admiral Clancy, Vahar'ai Saru, and a whole bunch more) who aren't listed as available in the ET pack but also aren't in the regular portal yet. Does that mean we're finally getting a portal update, maybe, I hope.

Dark Empath Troi is the most egregious omission, to the point where I don’t really want to have anything to do with ET packs this time around. She was released over a year ago...there’s no excuse to not have her both in the ET pool and in the (hopefully) upcoming portal update.

The pack info says that a 10x will provide a higher than usual chance of getting a limited crew. I did one pull and 4 of the beholds contained ET purples.

I'm largely simplifying the description. those that have been through many of the ET offers are aware of this. I posted this for the people who have limited experience with Elusive Treasure offers
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    There are a number of characters (Talas, Admiral Clancy, Vahar'ai Saru, and a whole bunch more) who aren't listed as available in the ET pack but also aren't in the regular portal yet. Does that mean we're finally getting a portal update, maybe, I hope.

Dark Empath Troi is the most egregious omission, to the point where I don’t really want to have anything to do with ET packs this time around. She was released over a year ago...there’s no excuse to not have her both in the ET pool and in the (hopefully) upcoming portal update.

If I recall, they don't display all of the names of the cards that are in the ET packs. I was hoping Shan was going to post in the Communications section a list of everyone in the packs; I'm sure she will, just hasn't yet. So before you get your pitchfork and torch, wait for confirmation.

Oh, it's been so long since we talked about pitchforks and torches; those butter-churn days of yore! :D

EDIT: Ok, she's posted it and Dark Empath Troi is not in there, so go ahead and mayhem responsibly!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

I spent SO much dilithium trying to get her to no avail.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you normally have 0 chance of getting limited crew, so anything is higher than 0.

We don't know what the odds are. I'm sure it's something because people like you do get some limited crew. But it's important for people to remember that it's a chance with no guarantee. Too many people buy a 10x thinking they will get all limited crew and then come away with only a single limited crew.

Or even worse, they buy a 1x and get a normal behold of three 4* in the portal.
  • only one behold per 10x pack is guaranteed to be limited crew and that one is a LEGENDARY behold. the other 9 will be from the regular portal, with a small chance to be limited crew. Large chance to be a purple, small chance to be a gold.

I'm largely simplifying the description. those that have been through many of the ET offers are aware of this. I posted this for the people who have limited experience with Elusive Treasure offers

I wasn't disagreeing with you, sorry if it came across that way. Just wanted to add that information :).
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm Dark Empath Troi was a choice in one of my beholds, so she is in the loot table of the ET premium offer at least.kkywxtdqnxgk.png

I spent SO much dilithium trying to get her to no avail.

It’s a shame that someone at WRG decided they didn’t want money from either of us (and at least one other player I know who would go hard to try and get her). Guess I’ll go back to hoping she’s featured in a future $10 LTO or 490 pack rather than dropping $50+ and/or up to 16,000 dil on ET packs. Oh well.
    In the past, what has been the correlation between ET offers and portal updates?
    In the past, what has been the correlation between ET offers and portal updates?

Generally, ET packs are offered first as a final opportunity to snatch up some crew that are not in the portal, some of which will be added soon (to an already diluted portal pool) and some of which will be held out of the portal until a future update. Players will have 3-7 days to take advantage of the ET deals and then the portal update commences. Today’s announcement was either bungled or we actually have gotten a real portal update that will need to be evaluated.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way to eval for a portal update is to check for missing 3* in the loot table - in this case Pizza Riker or Beach Airiam. I just did 10 pulls and ran across neither.
  • [DSEF] Cpt.Rampo[DSEF] Cpt.Rampo ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Because DB/WRG pack wording is borderline predatory and typically vague/unclear, here is some clarifying information. Share this with your fleets on discord/line/etc

ELUSIVE TREASURES INFO

$10 gets you 3x SINGLE BEHOLDS. These could be purples or golds
    $50 gets you 2x of the 10x beholds. So this is 20 beholds. plus a Gold Cite
    $100 gets you 5x of the 10x beholds. So this is 50 beholds. plus a Gold Cite

10x beholds typically guarantees one pull is a GOLD behold where at least one character is a limited gold. Most beholds will be regular portal characters.

in a $50 offer, you will get 2 gold beholds, 1 guaranteed per 10x that pulls from the limited pool of characters
    in a $100 offer, you will get 5 gold beholds, same as above

can´t see any "plus a gold cite" in any of the descriptions-are they in the $50/$100 offers or not?

ingame massage (in english) said nothing about it, and if i click on the offers the description is just a mess-.- (at least in my language,but the language doesnt matter in this caseXD ) but didnt say anything about the citations,too.
    it´s just for interest,but can anyone confirm the +gold cite?
    jgsueblxdl4e.png
  • gtwmxmc693j2.jpg

thanks mate!
    so maybe the "<\ b>" try to say it´s the citation:)