Home The Bridge
Options

New Temporary Achievement?

Comments

• Options
    It actually annoys me to know that they could have given out a x10 pack and instead everyone gets a 1 pack....... not impressed TP.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    At the risk of looking like a jerk, I see a lot of people who aren’t very thankful. Is this the equivalent of being given a single donut hole when you were hoping for a box of donuts? Maybe. Still, even 200 honor that is ridiculously trivial to obtain in a Faction event is 200 honor you didn’t have before.

That wasn't my point and I (thought I'd) made that quite clear with my first paragraph.

I just had a Voyage return that I'd also spent very little time thinking about, that dispensed 1000 honour. Why would I spend real money/dilithium on these packs?

ETA - I don't think you're a jerk and I hope I'm not coming across as one. I'm too long in the tooth to actually care about this crap anymore. I like to discuss it but I'm long past caring. Which is sad for STT but, hey-hum.
  • Options
    At the risk of looking like a jerk, I see a lot of people who aren’t very thankful. Is this the equivalent of being given a single donut hole when you were hoping for a box of donuts? Maybe. Still, even 200 honor that is ridiculously trivial to obtain in a Faction event is 200 honor you didn’t have before.

I'm not sure if my comment is among those that came over that way, but I was referring to the ET offers themselves. My achievement pull turned out to be a good one, as it allowed me to freeze a 4*, so I have nothing to complain about. Even if it had been 200 honor, I wouldn't complain about it (even though I wouldn't probably feel thankful about it either).

I just don't understand why the 650 dilithium pull doesn't guarantee at least an elusive super-rare. Putting a 650 dilithium price on something that will most likely turn into 200 honor for most people will almost certainly lead to a lot of disappointed players.

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't complain, because I got a Mutated Paris to make mine 3/4*, but I didn't get any "elusive" crew from a bought 650 pull. Got the Paris, Miss Q (FF), and Taresian Kim (frozen) as choices. Have better hope for the achievement pull.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Android Kirk so I'm happy.
  • Options
    I just get a Veruca vibe from this thread. lol

#verucawantshergoldengoose ;)

Have a great Thanksgiving to anyone celebrating!

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    q2opcjh0s6ra.png

200 honor....yay.....

Captain Level 99

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given what they charge for the pack, I understand why they only gave a 1x. The real problem is what an awful deal Elusive Treasures are. 6500 only guarantees 1 elusive 5*, everything else could be normal portal. And 650 offers no guarantees.

What the pack should be is every 1x guarantees at least 1 elusive 4* in the behold. And the 10x should then guarantee 1 elusive 4* in every behold, an elusive 5* in every begold, and at least 1 5* begold. Then at least your 650 dil is guaranteeing one of the featured crew.

A pack like that I would think about buying. The pack as it stands now is not worth the DIL.

I'm thankful for the 200 honor I will probably earn from the pack, but that's all they're giving us, 200 honor and a tiny chance of an elusive crew we don't have.
  • Options
    I just get a Veruca vibe from this thread. lol

#verucawantshergoldengoose ;)

Have a great Thanksgiving to anyone celebrating!

'I want it now!' :)

Interesting you mention the golden goose. Are you implying that DB killed the golden goose (us) with their greed? Or that we killed the golden goose, because I'm not sure how that works...
  • Options
    Have Elusive Treasure portals always contained Not-Elusive-at-all "Treasure" (easy to catch garbage)?

I always had a feeling they only contained the Treasures but having never pulled one I wouldn't know...
  • Options
    xea40a02ju6h.png

lucky!! i would have loved to get that reno

Captain Level 99

• Options
    At the risk of sounding annoying/annoyed....

Breaking News!
    my single blue portal pull from the campaign was better than my elusive treasures pull....I got 150 Enterprise A schematics and leveled it up a level......

That sounds almost exactly like mine, same ship and all! I'm hoping it is a sign I'll be seeing more ships and not the same few over and over again.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    It's a faction event. Everyone should be able to complete this achievement in just a few hours. The extra day would be completely irrelevant.

or minutes with the kick-start. ;) I forgot about it completely, and saw the "1" by the Daily Missions and found the temp achievement, only about 10 minutes after my first shuttle sent.

All purples/honor btw.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    6l5ojtx62s3g.png
    Was actually a bit torn here. Barak is FE, but I took Kirk for possible event use.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    xea40a02ju6h.png

lucky!! i would have loved to get that reno

Yeah, def lucky as she was just in a Tuesday pack and I wanted to try for her but Tuesday packs are tough.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    My achievement Pull:
    0fsmtnv5bp0i.jpg
    At least my campaign pull was better.
  • Options
    Nothing special, but at least it wasn't just honor.

y22v15psyuw2.png
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharing my temporary achievement ET pull. Not bad for essentially just participating in the event :) Like Dirk said, 200 Honor I didn't have before.

ndspdy2mxtkg.jpg
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I only got 3 FF/FE old 4* chars. So I took the 200 honor.
  • Options
    The Achievement gave me another star on Platonian Kirk, which was better than the 200 honour for the one i spent 650dl on. I suppose at least you get honor if there is nothing else on the fruit machine of packs win line. All the more for the next sale.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    9y3gnwri0bye.png

I liked my pull! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)