Home The Bridge
Options

New Temporary Achievement?

I thought it was supposed to start today at 1am ET?

I don’t see it anywhere...

wy78uvzq4ant.png

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for me either ... even restarted the game a couple of times just to double-check.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, not showing up for me on iOS or Steam
  • Options
    not showing on iOS or Windows10
  • Options
    Nothing on iPadOS either.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Not showing on Android either
  • Options
    Nope not for me either
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or Kindle.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Letting the team know!

Hope this is the very last thing that comes up this week!!!!!

Have a great Holiday!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🖖🏼
    ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    When the announcement says "pack" is this actually just a single behold? By definition a pack of something is more than one. At first I read it as a single 10x pack, but now I'm realizing the typical vague nonsense that "1" actually means 1x. Stop BSing. A 1x is not a "pack". It's a single behold. Just call it a single ET behold. I'm getting really tired of being intentionally set up for disappointment by vague descriptions and loose definitions

You can buy a one pack of socks which contains exactly what it says, one pair of socks. They've always used the pack terminology and saying 1x versus 10x is abundantly clear.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    When the announcement says "pack" is this actually just a single behold? By definition a pack of something is more than one. At first I read it as a single 10x pack, but now I'm realizing the typical vague nonsense that "1" actually means 1x. Stop BSing. A 1x is not a "pack". It's a single behold. Just call it a single ET behold. I'm getting really tired of being intentionally set up for disappointment by vague descriptions and loose definitions

^^^^^ 1000x this!

It's quite deceptive to call a SINGLE pull a "pack".

Here's how Merriam-Webster defines the word "pack"

1-C-1 "a number of individual components packaged as a unit (a pack of gum
    )"
    1-B "a group or pile of related objects"

most every other use of the word refers to plurals, such as a pack of animals, a bundle of sticks, a group of people, etc.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pack

01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    X-posting from the discussion in Engineering Room

This has now been fixed and the temporary achievement will be there for those who have not already logged in.

For everyone having already logged in today, the achievement will not be visible until tomorrow and progress towards it will not count until tomorrow either.

That still leaves plenty of time to complete it however.

Our apologies for the delay.
  • Options
    Just wondering if the message we got a few weeks back about something being removed from the software is responsible for all of these recent whoopsies?

And whether or not I should spend money on the pack this month? Is that going to be broken too?

If STT are the Ferengi, it's client base are Pakleds. 'It is broken, please make it go'
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    For everyone having already logged in today, the achievement will not be visible until tomorrow and progress towards it will not count until tomorrow either.
    :s
  • Options
    This is a surprising stance TP is taking.

1.) Most of us are going to be a full day behind on the achievement. The only counterbalance is that this week is a faction event.
    2.) If the reward pack was upgraded, we'd all get a guaranteed Legendary, which would trigger the Double Your Crew offer. I'm sure a few people would have taken that considering how new the ET crew are. (Especially if people pulled Carlos Data who is event crew this week!)
    3.) Giving people an upgrade would likely excite them enough to want to 'do that again' and increase the chances that they would purchase another offer.

For my part, I was on the fence about whether to buy an offer. But I'm no longer interested in doing that. Yeah, I'll get the 1-pack. But that'll be it for me.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've discussed it and everything considered decided to not add a day due to the fact that the achievement can very easily be completed even with a delay.

For this achievement you need to start shuttle missions, not complete them.
    We regret this happened of course, but there should be no negative effects from this delay.

If you have spent resources today towards the completion of this achievement before realizing that it was not up yet, please contact Support.
  • Options
    I know I bought a 650 1x ET pull and got all old crew. Taresian Kim -Frozen, Miss Q- FF, and Mutated Paris 2/4* which I do need, so I wasn't too annoyed.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Agreed, most players will finish the achievement within the twenty-four hours of the event. Good luck with the pulls!
  • Options
    My pull was just as bad...

32vus4a4fqeu.jpg

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto... behold with 2 older crew (both immortalized twice) and 1 newer crew - Malik (immortalized once).
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The mad thing is, this is a GIFT from STT. I should be thankful.

But instead, firstly I'm rolling my eyes and saying 'they've messed up again', and then when I do receive the gift I'm like '200 honour? Gee, thanks, I'm sooo glad I didn't spend money on this crap'

I'm British so not overly familiar with Thanksgiving. Am I right in saying it's about the starving pilgrims being fed by natives? And, after this, am I also right in now thinking it's like Christmas in reverse - you give and receive crap presents?
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I think it would make sense to have one guaranteed ET crew in the 1x beholds too. For those who have some use for the ET super-rares it might make those packs/offers worth purchasing. As it is, it's hard to understand how the 1x packs are in the same currency as the 10x ones. Their value is a lot closer to a merit or credit pull for anyone who's been playing for more than a few months.
  • Options
    I feel deceived too, my portal did not have ANY of the Super Rare Elusive Crew:

78otq8e921te.png

One of the Captains in our fleet, got something decent at least, but still nothing belonging to the Elusive Crew offer...

kcxq3mb0d32s.png

• Options
    I would also want to say that these two images belong to the Pack earned through the Temporal Achievement, and that it can be done in hours after started a Faction event.