Home The Bridge
Options

So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!

I really hate "I'm quitting" diatribes, but I've been active on this forum for nearly since launch, so wanted to post a quick goodbye to the friends I've made along the way.

I posted a few weeks ago about my ongoing struggle with game ennui. It culminated this weekend when the idea of even getting enough VP to hit the mega gold felt like a chore.

I realized I'd stopped enjoying the game somewhere along the way, and if a game was no longer fun, there was little point left in continuing. The weekly hamster wheel of events stopped being interesting a long time ago, the lack of any real new gameplay / game modes has meant there's little focus on anything else, and frankly the last few events and characters have even seemed more lackluster than usual. Of course, part of that may be my mindset at the moment. There are other things I could add that contributed to the decision, but they've been well-trodden at this point if you know me.

I've stepped down as Admiral of eXo effective today and am going casual once and for all - which is, despite my many threats otherwise, something I've never actually done.

I'll hang around in retirement mode until I forget to log in one day, or until they add a new Wesley. Or someone holding a cat. Maybe something new will be added - like the much-hyped new game mode - which will renew my interest for a bit, but all-in-all, my time with the game has run its final frontier.

Best wishes to you all this holiday season. And thanks especially to @Shan for putting up with my many years of protests.

LLAP, good citizens of Star Trek Timelines. So long, and thanks for all the fish cat pics!
Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, @Banjo1012! Appreciate the kind sentiments. Stay warm and safe!
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck! A 5 year run competing at the highest level is insane. I'm sure you have help meet their revenue goals more than once. I also retired for a year and it was nice to comeback with a mindset of who cares. If you do and the game is still around, great, if not, say hi once in a while!
  • Options
    SilverRose, thank you for all your contributions to the community, game resources, and forums over the years.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought the day would come...you have been an epic force in the player base for a long time and your titanic presence will be missed.
  • Options
    Fair winds and following seas, Admiral.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with everything. We'll all miss you.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your presence will be missed!

Thank you for being you!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I wanted to post a "Say It Ain't So" Meme because that's how I feel. You truly are one of the best and legendary players that this game has and will ever see. I am glad to have flown the galaxy with your presence in it, you made it fun, competitive and enjoyable for me. I wish you the very best and hope you will grace us from time to time with your wit, humor and the persona we have all come to know and love as SilverRose. With a tear in my eye I bid you farewell until we meet again.
  • Options
    I have not been as active on forum for a long time but for some reason I felt the need to come on the forum this morning. I am glad that I did. It gives me the opportunity to say farewell. You have been a guiding force in the game for a very long time and I really appreciate what you have done over the years. Stop in from time to time and hello.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long and here's A pic of my old fellow, Ray, with his boys, Ptolemy (Butter Ball), Charlemagne (Charly), and Vespasian (Ves). They are nearly four themselves now.mcuy3xxql3vt.jpg
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Thank you SilverRose for your many contributions to the game and community, not least of which is holding DB's feet to the flames (with your wallet) over past, frequent portal debacles. No one is more responsible than you are, for the fact that we don't appear to have these portal debacles much anymore.

LLAP
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    vw4vnoij99ir.png

ujoerovvwo7q.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to say that I'm not a Wesley fan but your tireless appreciation of him did force me to re-evaluate his character and I now have a better opinion of him. Also I shouted at people online for calling him a Gary Stu or whatever stupid term internet whiners use.

PS
    a7sdq04zut0x.jpg
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    While I did not know you in game, I always enjoyed your posts on the Forums. Hopefully, you will find something else that renews the excitement and enjoyment you once received from this game. Take care and be blessed.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    prt2lc6udu43.jpeg
    inttv7xh4wzx.jpeg
    la18vo11vaii.jpeg
    rd9o9xya34fd.jpeg
    foq1j4i7dslk.jpeg
    8x3twraucupq.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Hey, @eXo | SilverRose (retired) ! We didn't cross paths in the game but I did see your posts in the forums here and in the Facebook group. Thanks for your contributions to player tools and your work advocating for the player community. Hope you're able to find something that fills your entertainment gap that this game has left.

Honestly, I have to admit I'm in a similar position as you. I'm a day 1 player who is finding the game to be a bit repetitive and grindy. I'm hoping that WRG can find some ways to spice things up and improve quality of life, rather than leave things languishing as more and more long term players leave for greener pastures.

All the best to you and happy holidays!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A classy farewell! Thanks for adding to the fabric of the community, which is a large part of what's keeping me around at this point.

nvbdf5jx72ps.jpg

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need some new content. I've been playing 2 years now and there hasn't been a single new game mode or any new content. Just copy paste new nodes and copy paste events. On the plus side since the game is basically collecting digital stamps, it requires very little screentime so it's easy to play casually. I'm hoping this fabled new January update has something exciting in it.

Remember the announcement said "around Q1" so it could be next week.....or March :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    God speed SilverRose.

You have perfectly summed up the feeling of all day one players (except maybe Lorca who is incredibly positive about everything :) )
  • Options
    They just added the Event Hub I remember that being highly requested that OR I dreamt it.
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Options
    Well, TP did take the campaigns to level 120 which I think is FANTASTIC. If TP does a Christmas Honor sale too, this long time player will be a happy camper. That type of thing helps us all climb out from under our Honor Debt load. :)
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just added the Event Hub I remember that being highly requested that OR I dreamt it.

Hehe, no dream. But by design and features in the current stage, that hub is work in progress still. If it includes more usefulness I will appreciate it, currently not...