Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Eleventh Hour - 12/24 - ME #4

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in The Bridge
Posting today because I will be unavailable tomorrow :)

Event Name: The Eleventh Hour
Event Type: Skirmish Event (space battles)
Event Crew: Adira Tal 5* (New), Courier Zareh 4* (New), and Mirror Empress Sato 4* (Existing)

Event Dates: Thursday 12/24 until Monday 12/28 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: C.O.P. Founder Picard (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/31.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Courier Burnham 5* (Existing)

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew, and Courier Burnham
• medium bonus: variants of Sato, and crew with the Mirror Universe trait.
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Miranda Class Ship 2* (Existing)
- I.S.S. Avenger 4* (Existing)
- I.S.S. Discovery 5* (New)

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting today because I will be unavailable tomorrow :)

Event Name: The Eleventh Hour
    Event Type: Skirmish Event (space battles)
    Event Crew: Adira Tal 5* (New), Courier Zareh 4* (New), and Mirror Empress Sato 4* (Existing)

Event Dates: Thursday 12/24 until Monday 12/28 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: C.O.P. Founder Picard (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/31.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Courier Burnham 5* (Existing)

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
    • high bonus: event crew, and Courier Burnham
    • medium bonus: variants of Sato, and crew with the Mirror Universe trait.
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
    - Miranda Class Ship 2* (Existing)
    - I.S.S. Avenger 4* (Existing)
    - I.S.S. Discovery 5* (New)
  • Options
    A skirmish over Christmas. 😂😂
  • Options
    A skirmish over Christmas. 😂😂
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. COP Founder Picard was only event crew in Convergence Day. Those rewards are also very different between being super old and the first Convergence Day special. I wonder how the rewards will be cleaned up for the event.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting choice for 4*. Wonder if he is behind the illness?

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Zareh
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, does this mean it's the Second Battle of New York (or third or fourth?) for New Years?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Zareh behind the illness?!?!?

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Zareh
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the double post? Was there a difference I am not noticing?
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I also wonder if we're about to get a months long celebration for the 5th anniversary with previous convergence days events leading up to the 5th anniversary celebration.

Might explain all the cite-offers over the last week or so...
  • Options
    Why the double post? Was there a difference I am not noticing?

I thought I was going craycray when my post "disappeared"!!!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I also wonder if we're about to get a months long celebration for the 5th anniversary with previous convergence days events leading up to the 5th anniversary celebration.

Might explain all the cite-offers over the last week or so...

I feel like the cites are leading up to Christmas sales but not being announced as such this year. Probably to avoid the guessing games of, "will the next sale be better" and the anger of comparing sales this year and previous years.
  • Options
    I was hoping for a supposed Mirror Culber after what all the shuttles say
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    So I am looking at the old community rewards structure for the original convergence day event, as well as the special packs they had. I am kind of excited if they keep those rewards and packs the same. I didnt play then, this looks fun. However, I am annoyed about today's campaign announcement, so that is killing a bit of this buzz, and makes me think that the rewards won't be as good as they had been.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    So I am looking at the old community rewards structure for the original convergence day event, as well as the special packs they had. I am kind of excited if they keep those rewards and packs the same. I didnt play then, this looks fun. However, I am annoyed about today's campaign announcement, so that is killing a bit of this buzz, and makes me think that the rewards won't be as good as they had been.

I wasn’t around then either....what was it? sounds exciting :tongue: (I started playing about a year after STT came out) :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so it's Convergence Day? That means a Galaxy event with Picard, Quark, and Q variants. And there are six total event crew.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    1lwto3ppd0hl.png

I can’t believe they’d have the same rewards.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    1lwto3ppd0hl.png

I think replaying this event loses the fun if they take away all the fun rewards it had.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    1lwto3ppd0hl.png

Why not? It is not as if the Q's choice pack can be considered great at this moment in time ... back then it was amazing for me ... but the crew in it are pretty mediocre for the most part now.

Also, CD Quark is not a crew you'll be using on a daily basis ... he gets the odd 45%+ gauntlet if you feel like tossing in a 2-skiller ... but he's not that great really ... back in the day he was both my #1 DIP and #1 CMD, go figure. :)
    If they had a Ferengi mega though ...

Personally, I think it'd be amazing if they had the same reward structure ... finally get to add a second star to CD Quark (he was not available in the portal for aeons).
  • Options
    Was it easier to get Victory Points back then?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Was it easier to get Victory Points back then?

No, not really ... back in the day we even had a number (2 at least, maybe 3) of Galaxy events where we didn't achieve the last Community Prize (doing 10x Premium pulls was really unique for me back then, as I didn't put any money into the game, so I was really bummed we didn't reach the community goal) ... go figure.

But it should be noted that the Convergence Day event was longer than a standard event, so the community had more time to rack up the required VP for the 10x Q's Choice pack.

I was so happy when we got CD Quark ... he's the second 5* I ever FFed FEed (#1 was Scientist Degra, since immortalised ... #3 Aviator Yar, now 4/5).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I was so happy when we got CD Quark ... he's the second 5* I ever FFed (#1 was Scientist Degra, since immortalised ... #3 Aviator Yar, now 4/5).

I, uh, airlocked that free one we all got...I figured I would never want to drop enough dilithium on packs to finish him in the limited time in which they were available (this was before honor and citations, of course) and I needed crew slots more than I needed his proficiencies in the gauntlet (because it was also before the Vault was released). He was the only legendary I had airlocked for a long, long time, come to think of it.
  • Options
    I was so happy when we got CD Quark ... he's the second 5* I ever FFed (#1 was Scientist Degra, since immortalised ... #3 Aviator Yar, now 4/5).

I, uh, airlocked that free one we all got...I figured I would never want to drop enough dilithium on packs to finish him in the limited time in which they were available (this was before honor and citations, of course) and I needed crew slots more than I needed his proficiencies in the gauntlet (because it was also before the Vault was released). He was the only legendary I had airlocked for a long, long time, come to think of it.

That must also be why I don't have him. Slots were hard to come by then.
  • Options

Yeah ... crew slots were very, very limited ... I used to do 90k credit pulls to get crew who I'd airlock for trainers :) ... those were the days ... haha ... anyway, I kinda took the opposite approach to many, where I made a massive effort to immortalise all 1*, 2*, 3* crew ... and only work on the odd 4* crew (or rare 5*) that I got in ... that's why he was only the second 5* ... but the 75th crew I FEed (sorry, spelling error in the first post, meant FE, not FF), almost all crew before him were 1, 2 or 3* crew I was working to immortalise (and freeze on the spot - bar Riker's Squad).
    I remember it took me a while to equip CD Quark because of all the "difficult" items he needed (3* Alcohol, Holoprograms etc.).

Anyway, enough about the old days ... that game has long passed and evolved into what it is now. :)
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Zareh! Jake Weber played him so well. Will be glad to add him to my roster.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! I was the opposite. He was my first Legendary, and bringing him to level 100 was a multi-month effort - but he was also one of my strongest crew, even at ~level 70, and helped me clear many nodes in those chapters that were, to me, "the game" at that point. He continues to languish at 1/5, having had the misfortune to only pop up in begolds facing superior choices, but he'll always hold a special place on my crew. :heart:

In hindsight, I think perhaps I wasn't quite playing optimally when I first started. :wink:
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Ha! I was the opposite. He was my first Legendary, and bringing him to level 100 was a multi-month effort - but he was also one of my strongest crew, even at ~level 70, and helped me clear many nodes in those chapters that were, to me, "the game" at that point. He continues to languish at 1/5, having had the misfortune to only pop up in begolds facing superior choices, but he'll always hold a special place on my crew. :heart:

In hindsight, I think perhaps I wasn't quite playing optimally when I first started. :wink:

I can understand that - my first immortal legendary was Crell Moset, and even though he’s been power-creeped to the point where he’s nowhere near the top four of my MED/DIP voyage crew I haven’t been able to send him to the vault...I don’t really need that 25% trait match in the gauntlet every few weeks and he only very rarely makes voyages, yet there he remains.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so who else on team "endless honor debt" is actually sort of glad to see ol' COP Picard in a reward?? thanks as always for (both) info posts Shan!!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, Adira Tal was immortalized today.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, Adira Tal was immortalized today.

Thx for the heads up.
    Let’s fly!