Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Eleventh Hour - 12/24 - ME #4

Comments

• Options
    Like I've said elsewhere. Perfect event to boycott.

Enjoy your Christmases everyone. 🎄🍾
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I’m happy for a chance to get COP Picard. I wasn’t strong enough to get him in his debut, and I’ve skipped him in beholds ever since (‘cause there was always a better choice). But he’s a unique card based on his in-game backstory, and I’m ready to have him come aboard (even though he will languish after his event next week).

And since this event starts on my birthday, I’m considering the honor drops as my gifts from TP. Thanks in advance for the enhanced drop percentage on the 300 honor rewards! 😉
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Skirmish. It is my best type. I intend to enjoy this one as a nice calm experience after tonight. I was in a pickup that rolled over. Mom and I are fine. I scratched a knuckle is all. I don't think Mom even did that. It was raining and there was a semi and a deer... 2020. I just hope we find a replacement truck soon. I need something the haul for the farm.

So glad you both are okay! One scratch from a rollover someone had your back!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Skirmish. It is my best type. I intend to enjoy this one as a nice calm experience after tonight. I was in a pickup that rolled over. Mom and I are fine. I scratched a knuckle is all. I don't think Mom even did that. It was raining and there was a semi and a deer... 2020. I just hope we find a replacement truck soon. I need something the haul for the farm.

That is amazing that you both made it out relatively unscathed. Considering 2020, that is a bloody miracle. Nice to hear some good news. Hope you have your new truck soon.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭

So glad you guys are okay! I hope you have a safe and peaceful end to 2020.
  • Options
    Personally, I’m happy for a chance to get COP Picard. I wasn’t strong enough to get him in his debut, and I’ve skipped him in beholds ever since (‘cause there was always a better choice). But he’s a unique card based on his in-game backstory, and I’m ready to have him come aboard (even though he will languish after his event next week).

And since this event starts on my birthday, I’m considering the honor drops as my gifts from TP. Thanks in advance for the enhanced drop percentage on the 300 honor rewards! 😉

Happy Birthday!!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys! I will be sore for a while, but it will be fine in a couple days. Guess the truck won't be getting brakes Monday, as scheduled.
    It was pretty wild. Not only did we spin around 180 degrees- facing north when we had been headed south, we also rolled it 270 degrees. My (passenger) side hit the ground first and was facing up when we stopped. I opened my door and climbed out. They cut the top off to get Mom. Had they simply set it back up, It would have been fine.
    Ford Rangers are great little trucks. We have another one that is being worked on, new hubs, brakes, (it's a '99 and needed it.). We stood it on its grill in a creek in '16 and it just needed grill, light and bumper work. The poor '07 is gone though. Faramir was a good truck.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Sounds scary. Glad you're ok - enjoy your Christmas. 🙂
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    COP Picard doesn't seem to be giving full bonus. Got 875 vp with him on Epic tier.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Thorozar wrote: »
    COP Picard doesn't seem to be giving full bonus. Got 875 vp with him on Epic tier.

Thats because he's bonus crew for NEXT week, not this one. Drop Courier Burnham in that slot instead.

Ah yes, missed that detail, also forgot this was the last week for Burnham. Slotted her in instead.
  • Options
    Cleared thresholds in six hours.fxzoks9fecpk.png
    I won't hold this, but it was mine for a time.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Anybody else getting stuck trying to get the final battle to load? This is my third attempt.

w6blkneidml6.jpg

-EDIT-

After numerous restarts and optimizing of various things I FINALLY got my fourth skirmish to conclusion!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed my main account loads a little slower but no skirmish issues.
  • Options
    I was bounced on a couple of rounds, but that was it. I had trouble buying the Campaign this morning though.
  • Options
    I've cleared threshold with 2 days left - what do most people do in this situation? Do you keep going for the rank rewards, or just do rounds when the intel builds up & stockpile honor/chrons? As the event ends in the middle of the night for me, I'm less inclined to push for rank - perhaps that's the determining factor.

BTW still no Janeway :s but I did score a Borg Troi!

3utw5v02eqlt.jpg
    lzqkdw10zcsl.jpg
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've cleared threshold with 2 days left - what do most people do in this situation? Do you keep going for the rank rewards, or just do rounds when the intel builds up & stockpile honor/chrons? As the event ends in the middle of the night for me, I'm less inclined to push for rank - perhaps that's the determining factor.

3utw5v02eqlt.jpg
    lzqkdw10zcsl.jpg

If you have the time and the resources, then I would say keep going as Skirmishes are the only event that continue to payout after clearing thresholds because of the honor and chrons you get from battles. Any other event, I'd say take the rest of the weekend off since you aren't pushing for rank.
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Going for rank in a Skirmish can be tiring as people can build up lots of VP within a relatively short time so you'd have to keep going until the end.

Personally, I would use whatever Intel you have to stockpile chrons and honor.
  • Options
    First off, congrats @Steph loves Voyager ! Clearing thresholds is always a great feeling, even once you start doing it regularly. I still worry about managing it. It is still fairly new for me too.
    I love Skirmish. It is my best event and the only 5* crew I've won have been from a Skirmish and a Skirmish hybrid.
    Intel accrues on its own and for space missions, that you need to complete dailies. You will have some, even if you don't focus on the event and you can't save it for the next one, so I would use all you can before it's over.

You might rank decent and the extras from the battles are nice. I have gotten about ten 1x Premium portals, mostly honor, but I got some good schematics and my first copy of Seamus from "Fair Haven" from one this morning.

Personally, I cleared thresholds within six hours and have been playing all I can since. I use Skirmish as a crew building period, since I'm spending chronitons anyway. I immortalized Klingon Quark and fully equipped COP Picard and Human Q (if he's in the thresholds, I'll finish him). I will thaw Dix and I don't have the other two golds. I have moved on to my to-do list of crew. I have immortalized seven or eight this event and have a bunch more close right now.

Here's what I would do, if I were you.
    First, look at what crew will be useful next week. Start building those up. Use space missions when you reasonably can to get Intel.
    Secondly, use Intel as you get it. That way you have a steady influx of currency, honor, chronitons, etc. and you wouldn't have to hurry to use it up at the end.
    Third, Voyage to keep resources coming in. Even if you just save most for the Galaxy next week, start now. I have one out all the time at this point. It is either out or coming in. Only when I am crewing shuttles for a Faction event do I ease up. With 23 immortalized golds, I can manage A voyage and a shuttle or two for dailies. Do as best you can.
    Fourth, if you run out of crew that are useful next event, look beyond those. Kh'Elyr is in the next event. Do you have variants of her? Do you have a crew that you use a lot that isn't immortalized or fully equipped? Now is a good time. Need to finish a lower rarity crew to free slots or one more Vulcan or diplomat for the next milestone?
    Once I finished my crew for next week, I went for variants of K. Mirror is fully equipped and 3/4, but I'm working on Ambassador. We may be due a faction. Since my Med and Eng roster is weak, I looked at literally every FF Med crew I had, made a list, and started immortalizing. Any that don't increase my top ten for core skill or top five for proficiencies in some skill, I'm freezing. I have six left to do and then a couple of 1/5* Med, like Culber and Medic Reno that will help. Then, Eng is up.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed this would be a relatively uncompetitive event given the low-tier ranked rewards, but I'm up to 500,000 with a day and a half to go and still a long way from the top 1,500.
  • Options
    People are either are on holiday or locked down again.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    I assumed this would be a relatively uncompetitive event given the low-tier ranked rewards, but I'm up to 500,000 with a day and a half to go and still a long way from the top 1,500.

Thanks for this update, it'll save me a lot of tapping and hand joint pain! Threshold it is!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

3utw5v02eqlt.jpg
    lzqkdw10zcsl.jpg

After reaching Threshold I level-up crew and farm Galaxy Event components via space missions. Then, when that gets boring, just run out the supply of Intel for bonuses.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    @Calhoun and @Steph loves Voyager 1.23 million VP has me at 375, if you are curious about the competition level this event. My highest score ever.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

3utw5v02eqlt.jpg
    lzqkdw10zcsl.jpg

If you’re not specifically going for a particular rank and just want to collect more honor/chrons/credits, run the first four battles and then abandon the skirmish before running the final battle - this way, every battle you fight has a bonus reward at the end.

Even if you are going for rank, this isn’t a bad strategy - per every five battles fought, you’re trading 1000 VP (on Epic with event crew) for more bonus rewards, which sometimes include VP anyway.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Rank 2880 with 576300 vp. Any word what are the rank cut off?

EDIT: 2500 is exactly 656400 right now.

EDIT 2: 2000 is 825700 with 3h 40m to go

EDIT 3: 1500 is 1074300 with 2h 30m to go
  • Options
    1400 is 1.179 million currently