Home The Bridge
Options

*PARODY* Five-Year Anniversary Feature Update - title edited ~Shan

NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in The Bridge
SUPER LEGENDARY CREW / CRAFTING SYSTEM
  • Introducing SUPER LEGENDARY crew obtainable via the all-new CRAFTING system!
  • Dematerialize any excess inventory into Subspace Energy Quanta (SEQs) to be used at your starbase's new dilithium-powered Materialization Facility (MF) in conjunction with known super legendary crew patterns.
  • Upgrade your fleet's MF systems to increase SEQs conversion efficiency and minimize pattern degradation.
  • Obtain super legendary crew patterns in the portal, during events and on voyages.
  • Unique super legendary crew equipment are infinitely upgradable with increasing costs and diminishing returns.
  • SL crew can be fused but cannot be cited.
  • Five-Year Anniversary Gift: Jean-Luc McClane Super Legendary Pattern!

VOYAGE REVAMP
  • Every voyage is unique! Boldly go where no one has gone before with OpenAI's GPT-3 generated storyline driven by your decisions. Share your unique adventure in the brand new voyage forum section. If you have a flair for writing, submit your own stories to further enrich the voyage AI.
  • Play procedurally-generated away team missions during voyages! You can make that call during voyage dilemmas. Only voyage crew are eligible for these extremely rewarding missions but the outcome can have a negative impact on your voyage.
  • All-new mission gear can be brought along as voyage supplies to aid your team in handling the unexpected.
  • New loot can be obtained in voyage away team missions including coveted super legendary crew patterns!
  • Players can encounter ships from enemy fleets during their voyage and can make the decision to engage in ship battle. More below.

NEW GAME MODE: FLEET WARS

Friction between fleets vying for resources when voyaging into the unknown have reached a tilting tipping point. Admirals can declare war on enemy fleets to sanction hostile action.
  • Players can encounter enemy voyaging ships and choose to engage as a dilemma decision.
  • Players can assign crew to battle stations at the start of the voyage or have them automatically assigned.
  • The winning ship gains an AM bonus while the losing ship loses AM.
  • The encounter will be part of both players' voyage log.
  • A war summary is visible on the fleet interface. The fleet with the most ship battle victories wins the war and fleet members earn a modicum of SEQs.
  • A fleet can only be at war with one other fleet and it lasts for exactly 7 days.
  • Improved fleet management tools

GAUNTLET
  • deleted

Comments

• Options
    Nice one NoNameNamer, you should have wait till December 28th which is like April’s fool in Spain and other countries. Almost believed lol
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAUNTLET
    • deleted

Thunderous applause.

Approved
  • Options
    if this is legit i am happy they are deleting Gauntlet and it'll likely be right after i get my third Locutus too XD
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    “ Introducing SUPER LEGENDARY crew obtainable via the all-new CRAFTING system!”

You lost me here. DB and now TP have said they will never have a higher than legendary card.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one NoNameNamer, you should have wait till December 28th which is like April’s fool in Spain and other countries. Almost believed lol

Is this true?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing context
  • Options
    I nominate NoNameNamer to be at the next WRG Timelines game planning session.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Nicely done.
    If they were to introduce super legendaries, they would also need to introduce a few more episodes of levels that require those crew to complete them.

I would be over the moon with some way of upgrading crew to create animated card art. No change in stats needed, I would put time and resources into making some of my favorite crew look even cooler. But I may be in the minority.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super legendaries would break the game unless it was extremely limited, like to just me.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Do you have nothing to do?

• Options
    ah a joke went over my head till i searched the supposed freebie and got nothing trek related
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    :D Most either didn't get the joke or took it way too seriously despite making it as obvious as I could without adding a disclaimer. Perhaps the listed ideas would've generated a different kind of discussion had I used the words wish list or brainstorm instead of leak. Which was my actual goal, albeit less fun, or so I had thought. Mea culpa.

It did generate some interesting discussions in other channels. I'll just mention that I do not wish the gauntlet mode gone, perhaps only in its current form. I've seen plenty of good ideas here and on the subreddit on how to improve it so I've decided to just go with another joke instead.

The AI-driven storyline would not be feasible at this time, not at a production quality level. Everything else should be and you'd be right in thinking that they would have far reaching implications, but I think that's what makes them great additions. And yes, many of them would require careful tweaking and balancing to successfully pull off. My favorites are the procedurally generated voyage away team missions, perhaps without knowing the mission tree in advance, each choice you make bringing you into unknown territory ("perhaps I shouldn't take choice A if I don't have a MED crew on the mission" or perhaps purely out of storytelling consideration). Another favorite would be the fleet war mechanic I've described. Others have found the idea of engaging in skirmishes with other fleets pretty enticing. Others also liked the idea of fan-written voyage story submissions.
    Do you have nothing to do?
  • Options
    I like the idea of "free stuff" :p
  • Options
    Dammit NNN - you're giving us ideas of stuff we never knew we wanted in the game! :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    I almost believed it when reading from the top but "Jean-Luc McClane" gave it away ;)
    But actually, that crafting system and deleting Gauntlet, I'd be all in for those. The "fleet wars" I would dislike strongly. I already dislike pretty much everything that includes any PvP elements, including ranking stuff.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    But you forgot to mention the special 5 year anniversary avatar!!

xyxpjchme7j0.jpeg

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty fun ideas. Well done, @NoNameNamer . My first reaction to the title Fleet Wars was to raise an eyebrow. Fleets competing might change the dynamic of the game. But your way of doing it seems like it might work.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing context

That made me LOL. Then my toaster called Zuckerberg, and I got a 30 suspension from Checkerbook......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    NGL, I ate the onion on this one. :p
  • Options

Is this true?

Indeed! December 28th is called in Spanish-Speaking countries: "El día de los Santos Inocentes", much similar to April's Fools
  • Options
    Fleet Head to Head anything is the thing most needed in this game. Daily raids or a new game mode we can play each day and work together with our fleetmates to complete the raids.
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Is this true?

It is, is the Innocent's Day (El Día de los Inocentes), a tradition derived from the Massacre of the Innocents. Yeah, in Spain we are like that, we take the day of the (biblical) massacre of many newborns and turn into a pranks day xD

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Innocents#Feast_day

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day#Comparable_prank_days

aodplilzkyl7.png

Here we don't do anything for the April Fool's Day. Many people don't even know that celebration.