Home The Bridge

New 5* in Vault - Socrates

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in The Bridge
CMD, DIP and SCI. From one of Voyager's worst episodes (Darkling).

z4ympejhdfsy.jpg

Comments

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    He looks kinda forgettable, though I like his art. Does anyone have an idea on his voyage score?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • If your crew is developed, the card looks like an easy pass. Doesn’t appear to be significant in the Gauntlet or with Voyages.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your crew is developed, the card looks like an easy pass. Doesn’t appear to be significant in the Gauntlet or with Voyages.

He's actually #10 overall voyages. But it's a common skill set, so you're likely covered elsewhere.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If your crew is developed, the card looks like an easy pass. Doesn’t appear to be significant in the Gauntlet or with Voyages.

He's actually #10 overall voyages. But it's a common skill set, so you're likely covered elsewhere.

I was surprised to see the same, the numbers are definitely underwhelming at first glance but they hide a solid spread. He falls in right behind Picard and Number One, who has the same mix of skills in a different order.

He would be amazing for newer players ready to spend money, but probably won't make a huge difference for people with deeper crews.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

I stand corrected (I keep forgetting to adjust for bonuses). And you are right, those skills are very common and covered elsewhere.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Last Tuesday pack of 2020 :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a second star on Buck. At least it wasn't Robin Hood, who is immortal. Any of the rest are fine.

For what it’s worth, Robin Hood is near the top of the list of 4* crew worth duplicating. Mintakan Troi and Section 31 Georgiou are two others that readily come to mind that keep him from being the definite #1 best 4* dupe target.

Either way, congrats on getting one step closer to immortalizing Buck!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drat. I had four copies of Georgiou from my event finish. Oh, well. Maybe another time.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a second star on Buck. At least it wasn't Robin Hood, who is immortal. Any of the rest are fine.

For what it’s worth, Robin Hood is near the top of the list of 4* crew worth duplicating. Mintakan Troi and Section 31 Georgiou are two others that readily come to mind that keep him from being the definite #1 best 4* dupe target.

Either way, congrats on getting one step closer to immortalizing Buck!

Georgiou is the first crew I bothered to freeze a second copy of. I figured now is as good a time as any after I got four copies from the event rewards.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    [b]Socrates[/b]
    Event Count: 10
    DIP Rank: #24
    CMD Rank: #119
    VOY Rank: #10
    DIP/CMD Voy: #3
    DIP/CMD Base: #17
    DIP/CMD/SCI: #2

• Great art work!

However, I think this might have been a bit of a missed opportunity to add a unique crew to the pool. A 1 Skill extreme DIP powerhouse monster (similar to Dr 'Bones' McCoy and his MED). His 'real life' counterpart that the Hologram is based on is basically one of the founders of Western philosophy (not of the SCI method).

Unique crew are a fun addition every once in a while.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone deserves the "brat" trait it's Socrates. And I'm pretty sure he'd be tickled pink to have it! :smiley:
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be an Infamous trait and he would love to have that!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*