Home The Bridge

Community Rewards - could we get a few commas or spaces please?

Perhaps this is just a pet peeve of mine. Most places that I know of separate the digits of large numbers over 999 with commas or spaces for the convenience of the readers. I don't know that it's an actual etiquette rule, but it's a common practice none the less.

Here's the Community Rewards list for the current event. Could we PLEASE get some separators in this display?
I don't know how many times I counted those zeroes trying to figure out what this number was!

dhd2eoyvpphs.png

Comments

• Completely agree. Would appreciate commas
  • Commas, or the continental style of full stops will do. Just something to differentiate the zeroes.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spocky wrote: »
    Commas, or the continental style of full stops will do. Just something to differentiate the zeroes.
    Could easily have commas or stops based on your language setting in game. So commas for English, stops for French, German or Spanish.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a mega issue is it? It's a giant one...
  • Bylo Band wrote: »
    Here you go:

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

ha ha ha - funny guy!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...it was an oversight...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I agree its extremely difficult to read the value of huge numbers (particularity on mobile)!
    Commas, or periods might not quite fit the Star Trek esthetic but they could add a 1/2 space (or space if that's too difficult) between each 1000 that would improve the ability to read without altering what some might consider the Star Trek display theme.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we PLEASE get some separators in this display?

Yes, this ↑↑↑↑↑ 100000000000000 times.

• So it could be a limitation of there software. I am in accounting and at a certain point our software stops using commas as there is only so much room in the field and it is needed for numbers,
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are commas in the scores used in the progress bar, so you can check that is 4 billion the current requierement, and just ignore all the other 0s (we know for sure is 4b, 6b, 8b and 10b, because at least is aligned :D )
  • Kanon, but are there enought spaces when you go from 8B to10B?
  • Or display as:
    150 m
    300 m
    500 m
    1000 m
    2000 m
    4000 m
    8000 m
    10000 m
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use scientific notation for the numerically challenged.
  • There's a National debt figure for Community threshold and your concerned about,,,,,,,,,,commas?
    Lol
  • So it could be a limitation of there software. I am in accounting and at a certain point our software stops using commas as there is only so much room in the field and it is needed for numbers,

That's an interesting idea, BUT numbers are stored WITHOUT the commas, which are inserted when they are displayed for the convenience of the user. Typically when displaying them in programming code, they are shown as a Hexadecimal number, which is grouped in 4 or 8 characters. There would be NO point in storing commas with the number.

I suspect that the software you are using has a programming limitation when using very large numbers.