Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads not appearing unless you restart

Spinning this off from the stickied ad thread:

Initially posted by @Automaton_2000:
I've seen a unusual number of complaints over the last week about the ad warp option failing to show until the client is restarted. I can confirm that during certain periods, the option only appears once per session and requires a client restart to appear again.

I've already submitted a ticket, but wanted to document it here in case others have the same issue and are looking for confirmation.

====
I now get this with almost every ad. I've started to train myself to test for an ad first before trying for a cadet double or other one that you only get one shot at.

I'm on a Pixel 3 running Android 11

If anyone else is experiencing this problem please include your device and OS version.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, I've also noticed the frequency of this issue is on the uptick again.

Pixel 4, Android 11
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Motorola Z3
    Android 9

I've been having this problem since the update to STT version 7.6.3. Oddly, the ads are reliable after I get the anti-macro "Which character is ________" pop-ups during a galaxy or skirmish phase.

Others in my fleet have the same complaints. I cannot remember which devices they use.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Fleetmate having this issue:
    iPhone XR
    iOS 14.2
    Probably latest version of STT
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I am also having this issue and have been for the last 1.5 weeks.
    iPhone 12 Pro
    iOS 14.2.1
    latest version of STT 202727
  • Options
    -{Punisher}-[BAD]-{Punisher}-[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Same as my girlfriend's, she has to restart right before doing any ad warp/2x reward or it doesn't appear.
    Samsung galaxy Tab A 10.1
    Android version 10
    STT version 7.6.3
  • Options
    I have 2 devices and notice it much more on my:
    Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
    Model SM-G781V
    running android 10

Less problems on my old phone:
    Lg V30
    Running android 9

Both STT version 7.6.3
  • Options
    I came here to post this exact problem. I'd say roughly 1/3 of the time I'm supposed to get a video, I'll get stuck on "Hailing Starfleet..." and have to kill the app and restart. It just happened again.

iPad Air 4
    OS 14.2
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for making a separate discussion!
    There is a part I am not clear about: is this for the 2x rewards ads or all ads?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    There is a part I am not clear about: is this for the 2x rewards ads or all ads?

It is all ads.
  • Options
    All ads. Happened to me this morning when trying to view an ad to get a second Scan.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    All ads.
  • Options
    All ads for me and those in my fleet as well.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

It affects all ads.
  • Options
    It’s all ads
  • Options
    I'm getting this problem less now, I think. What seems to be happening, is that if I leave the game open in the background for over an hour, it restarts the game. Then I have no problem running an ad.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    It's been better this week for me but still not 100%.
  • Options
    I still get this fairly regularly.
  • Options
    This happens to me regularly both on a Google Pixel 3 phone running Android 11, and it also occurs when I use the Bluestacks Android emulator on my laptop.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    This has just started for me in the past week and it is happening with every ad type.

iPad 7th gen
    ios 14.4
    Game version 8.0.0

Is there somewhere that actually shows the game version? All I see in settings is Revision 205305. I did update the game from the Apple App store this week.
  • Options
    I’ll add my voice to the problem. Seems to have been happening for a week.
    iPhone 11 iOS 14.4
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens on my iPhone account. Has cost me more than a couple cadet doubles
  • Options
    Meanwhile happens almost regulary to me as well. iPadPro10.5 iOSPad 14.4
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just started happening for me too....... ios 14.4 Iphone X. Literally every ad I need to restart
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time for me. Pixel 5 and Android 11.
  • Options
    Having the same issue with 2x rewards on my Galaxy Tab A. Haven't tested ads anywhere else without a restart.
  • Options
    This is still happening and it's annoying.

I think it's related to the overlay of the annoying 'internal ads' ( ie the 'great' dilithium/pack offers that often overlap things that one is already trying to do in the game)
  • Options
    This is back with a vengeance. It got better for the past ~3 weeks (but never went away fully) but this week it's been every ad I have to restart.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got to the point I’m just going to restart, it’s not worth losing a free scan.

iPad Air 2 & 3 running 14.4.2
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    TP - care to comment on this issue?

The way I see it, you still get paid for us watching the ad but we get no reward. Which suits you just fine. So you're in no hurry to sort?
  • Options
    I'm also having FREQUENT issues. Running the latest client STT version on Android via a Chromebook. This started for me with the last client update a few days ago!