Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads not appearing unless you restart

2»

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got to the point I’m just going to restart, it’s not worth losing a free scan.

iPad Air 2 & 3 running 14.4.2

Ditto, just restart, no worries here.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Ads are now no longer appearing even after restarting. (With the appropriate cooldown times - I had run a scan ad at 1100 BST and tried to run again at 1219 after restarting)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Ads are now no longer appearing even after restarting. (With the appropriate cooldown times - I had run a scan ad at 1100 BST and tried to run again at 1219 after restarting)

I took the following screenshot on my iPhone 7+ (latest iOS, latest STT) approximately one minute after the Dabo wheel reset today:

5y8wfwppa8dv.png
    Therefore, this is not a global issue, but instead seems to be either OS- or device-related.

I hope the company sorts this out for affected players, soon™️. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have an update on this unfortunately.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the latest client update this seems to be fixed for me. Playing on iOS via ipads.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    This is still happening on my Tab. I'm on version 8.0.1 and there are no other updates available.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    flash (SC)flash (SC) ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Yesterday I upgraded to 8.0.1 on Android and the ad buttons not appearing has been a permanent fixture since then. Before the update I didn't have an issue with it. At least a restart of the app was able to get them to appear again ... so far.

Edit: After a day of testing, I noticed that using different VPN exit nodes in various countries has a reproducible effect on the results. The best location for me is Amsterdam, Netherlands and while it's not perfect, the results are definitely better than anything else I've tried.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    2x Ipad and 2x Iphone tested ... 14.5.1 version.
    Have not seen a single add for over a week now ..

Interest in the game is lowering rapidly due to having a disadvantage compared to other players who do get the ad doubles, and the increasing amount of faction events..
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still intermittently happens for me on both my devices (iPad air 14.4.2 and iPhone Se 14.4.2)
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

This is still happening, but more constantly now. Further, if I confirm that the ad is available, if I wait too long before running a scan or doubling a cadet, the availability will be reset and I will not be given the double (or “free” scan) option.

A game restart seems to fix this, but any app that requires constant restarts (every 20 mins or so) to work properly is not appropriate for commercial release.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This appears to be happening again. It started after the system maintenance on 5/25. If I don't restart the app every hours, then ads won't appear. This applies to all ads - doubles, scans, and regular missions.

Android 11
    STT: 8.0.1
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening again. Not just me this time. Also others in my fleet.

I'm still using:
    Android 11
    STT: 8.0.1

Not sure what others in fleet are using.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    i've been encountering this behaviour as well.
    However it's random for me. Most of the time it works, and then randomly, the game needs to be restarted.

Motorola one vision Android 10
    Umidigi A7 Pro Android 10
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, this is still a thing 7 months later. Great job on that.

I've learned that anytime I might want to adwarp (which is rare, I still haven't forgiven you for "Buy Again"-gate) I make sure I restart my game if it's been open for more than 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Ads don't even appear after a restart now.

Android
    SAMSUNG S21 ULTRA
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting yesterday or the day before I'm having to restart multiple times to get an ad. This is getting well beyond ridiculous...
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Is this actively being worked on or is it just another bug on the long list of "yeah, that's not right but :shrug:"?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

Is this actively being worked on or is it just another bug on the long list of "yeah, that's not right but :shrug:"?

This is on our list but it is about time and resources, as always.

Are you leaving the game open in the background often?
    Or do you force close the app each time?

Any details can help, thank you!
  • Options
    Like almost all folks, I leave it open in the background all the time. I only force close it when ads don't appear or I get stuck "Hailing Starfleet" when trying to launch an ad. My phone will also take it out of active memory if enough other apps have been used in between which forces a reload.