Home Make It So!

Lower Decks

After watching today’s Timelines Talk it seems that WRG doesn’t have the rights to Lower Decks. This could change in the future, but in the meantime it seems to me that the game is incomplete. I understood the lack of Kelvin timeline as it meant that the game was prime timeline alone, but now it seems that it is no longer complete for the prime timeline. While I do understand the lack of rights for the characters it just is frustrating as a player that I can never fully have characters from all shows.

Surely, I can’t be the only one that feels this way?

I reached out to support to ask if there was a way to request Lower Decks to be added. I was told that the support tab was for that exact reason. If you would like to see Lower Decks added to the game, I encourage you to use your support feature and message the team your desire. Perhaps if they see that we want the show represented, they will work to secure the rights.

Thank you,

LLAP

Comments

• I would be happy seeing them, but as expressed before, very happy without any Kelvin-verse characters!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • I was bummed as well.
    But then I remembered it may be for the best. If/when LD characters are released, half the players will say the art is too cartoony and the other half will say it’s not cartoony enough.
  • I was bummed as well.
    But then I remembered it may be for the best. If/when LD characters are released, half the players will say the art is too cartoony and the other half will say it’s not cartoony enough.

That's true, you can't please everyone. My thoughts is that if someone doesn't want a character... they can just airlock them.
  • I would be happy seeing them, but as expressed before, very happy without any Kelvin-verse characters!

I would love a few Kelvin Characters and ships. But I get it. And I can see a legitimate argument for why they aren't included.
  • While I do understand the lack of rights for the characters it just is frustrating as a player that I can never fully have characters from all shows.

This 100%. They are prime universe cannon and therefore should be added.

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do prime timeline and mirror timeline. As much as I despise the kelvin movies, it would make sense to add them. I'll be salty and freeze or airlock most of them, but that would be on me.

I LOVE Lower Decks. There's some love that goes into that series. I can tell it's made by fans. I want all those crew. In STT, we get to see characters from different shows interact with each other. Who wouldn't want to see Captain Freeman try to impress Admiral Paris? Or see how Captain Sulu would resolve a dispute between Ensign Mayweather and Ensign Mariner? Or see a friendly contest between Commander Worf and Lieutenant Shrax?

I know it's not much in the grand scheme, but I'll buy the $100 offer for the first Lower Decks main cast legendary for whatever type of event they get. Do me a solid and don't make it a skirmish, please. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Do me a solid and don't make it a skirmish, please. :)

But, the Cerritos.. ;-D

• Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do me a solid and don't make it a skirmish, please. :)

But, the Cerritos.. ;-D

I would go nuts for a Cerritos and Ensign Tendi in a skirmish.

But, the Cerritos.. ;-D

If that or the Atlas is the ship, then it can definitely be a skirmish. Thank you for pointing that out. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Do me a solid and don't make it a skirmish, please. :)

But, the Cerritos.. ;-D

If that or the Atlas is the ship, then it can definitely be a skirmish. Thank you for pointing that out. :)

You forget the Titan, my fellow forum-mates.
    Coelji84 wrote: »

But, the Cerritos.. ;-D

You forget the Titan, my fellow forum-mates.

Dang it, I mixed up my Greek mythology names. :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mention of art tests suggests to me that there was no way that the (highly skilled and greatly appreciated) art team could bridge the gap between the style that works here and the source material, that there was no way to satisfy a CBS requirement for fidelity to the source material and internal art guidelines at the same time.

Perhaps things like ships or Peanut Hamper wouldn’t have been so tough to port over, but without access to the bulk of the characters I can see it not having made sense to get a license for the show.
  • With much contemplation, I have decided to quit the game. Without the inclusion of Star Trek: Lower Decks the prime timeline characters will never be complete. I no longer feel that the game is fun as there is a whole show with characters that I cannot collect. So for this reason, I have deleted the game.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    This isn't an airport. Departure announcements are unnecessary. There are quite a few characters and ships I would love to have but are not yet included and I find that to be disappointing, too. But the game goes on, and so does my playing.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
    Slick wrote: »
    This isn't an airport. Departure announcements are unnecessary. There are quite a few characters and ships I would love to have but are not yet included and I find that to be disappointing, too. But the game goes on, and so does my playing.

There's nothing wrong with letting folks know that you're leaving and why, as long as it's done respectfully. There's certainly some regulars that I would hate to see leave without saying goodbye.

I'm obviously going to stick around and hope that Lower Decks picks up popularity. I'm going to wait and see how season 2 goes, but LD is in the running for my favorite series. I'm a huge fan of comedy. It was a pretty big disappointment to see LD passed up for inclusion in the game. The show has some great crew and ships to offer. Maybe S2 will have a better international roll out and be reconsidered for the game at that time.
    Farewell 🖖
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mention of art tests suggests to me that there was no way that the (highly skilled and greatly appreciated) art team could bridge the gap between the style that works here and the source material, that there was no way to satisfy a CBS requirement for fidelity to the source material and internal art guidelines at the same time.

Perhaps things like ships or Peanut Hamper wouldn’t have been so tough to port over, but without access to the bulk of the characters I can see it not having made sense to get a license for the show.

How is that even possible after this one?

tkcf0uowucng.jpeg
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

tkcf0uowucng.jpeg

There's a real life actress to use as a model for that. I would point to Lucien, who I think looks just fine.
    Farewell 🖖
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

tkcf0uowucng.jpeg

There's a real life actress to use as a model for that. I would point to Lucien, who I think looks just fine.

I assume the lack of fantasy is not the issue, rather contract topics. But precedence of very cartoonish impersonations are here, so why should CBS deny approval on one and not the other?

Lucien is an even better example, indeed.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Also, they could use their actors as models, if they wanted:impn3v8goyvg.jpg
    t7crhynw8qrv.jpg
    Also, they could use their actors as models, if they wanted:impn3v8goyvg.jpg
    t7crhynw8qrv.jpg

Not sure if it would require additional likeness rights, but that's a cool idea all the same. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

tkcf0uowucng.jpeg

The art design of TAS was pretty simple. Adding more detail to bring the original art up to the level of the game was quite reasonable to pull off - Lucien looks fantastic, Bem and Thelin look great, and even Commodore April looks quite good.

Lower Decks has a more detailed but also a more stylized art scheme - my assumption is that trying to make the eyes look right in terms of the rest of the game while making the crew look like the source material was an insurmountable challenge given whatever contractual obligations exist for creation of crew art. I’d personally be okay with using the voice actors’ likenesses, but as Lorca points out that would probably involve another separate set of rights negotiations, while not actually solving any potential fidelity requirements for game art.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If TP doesn’t want to buy the rights to Lower Decks, what if they just put in a TNG exo-comp and we the fans of Lower Decks could say it is Peanut Hamper? It could look like this:

fl1jzbtlnwai.jpeg

But we would imagine it like this:

2yo4rdugi4q4.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Also, they could use their actors as models, if they wanted:impn3v8goyvg.jpg
    t7crhynw8qrv.jpg

That's the option that I like the most!
    If TP doesn’t want to buy the rights to Lower Decks, what if they just put in a TNG exo-comp and we the fans of Lower Decks could say it is Peanut Hamper? It could look like this:

fl1jzbtlnwai.jpeg

But we would imagine it like this:

2yo4rdugi4q4.jpeg

STT has used the comics for TNG mirror universe crew. Could they use the novels for Titan Captain Riker, but we Lower Decks fans could say it's actually Lower Decks?
    Farewell 🖖
    Hope Lower Decks got more than just my vote in the players poll.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news, Lower Decks fans! Season 3 has a green light!

WRG, I'm going to put some money back for Lower Decks crew. When you add them, then money is yours.

1hj3uuuqhmb1.gif