Home The Bridge
Options

Math on New Credit Purchases

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in The Bridge
Please check my math on this, but it looks like the cost of buying credits with dilithium went up by a factor of five, while the credit payout went up just over threefold.

Edit: see Zombie Squirrel's post below. My math was flawed once you got past the second buy.

Now... I didn't buy credits with dilithium before and probably never will, but I do like to look out for those who might. This change seems very unfavorable to the players. They gain the advantage of being able to buy more credits per day, but that seems to come at a higher price per credit. Is it worth the higher cost to any of you who might buy credits with dilithium?

Release notes for reference:
https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17381/server-release-notes-2021-01-12#latest

Edit: adding relevant text from update notes

- Purchasing Credits with Dilithium

Purchasing Credits with Dilithium can be done multiple times during a game day, the Dilithium cost increasing with each purchase. The cost increase resets each day with the daily reset at 5:00 UTC (currently 12:00 am ET).

The daily Credits purchase cost schedule has been modified and the amount of Credits that can be purchased with Dilithium has been increased from 15,000 to 50,000 per purchase.

New purchase schedule (50,000 Credits per purchase)
1-2: 50 Dilithium
3-6: 100 Dilithium
7-8: 150 Dilithium
9+: 200 Dilithium

Previous to this change the schedule (15,000 Credits per purchase) was:

1: 10 Dilithium
2-4: 20 Dilithium
5-7: 40 Dilithium
8-10: 80 Dilithium
11+: 150 Dilithium
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Another bizarre move, not to mention completely random. One wonders what goes through their collective head sometimes. :D
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    One would presume that this new Q1 feature might involve the heavy use of credits?
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your math checks out. Seems that they are adjusting the value of credits.

Not sure of its relevancy to the q1 feature though since that has 2 currencies of its own.

Maybe the dabo sale will be federation credits only/no dilithium?

• Options
    One would presume that this new Q1 feature might involve the heavy use of credits?

That's an interesting possibility. I was already sitting on my credits. Maybe I'll forego replicating for the next month, just in case the credits come in handy for the new feature.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭

Exactly my first thought when I read the message. I suspect the purchase of credits with dil is something that rarely happens atm so that this change has only a small effect on current use but the current price could be subject to exploit in the new feature.

That would actually be a positive sign as it would mean that the new feature would be offering something that is worthwhile enough to buy lots of credits with dil.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Maybe i miss something, but now you get MORE CREDITS for the
    same total amount of dilithium:

50,000 credits for 50 dilithium,

Before, for 50 dilithium(first pull 10, 2nd+3rd pull 20 dilithium each)
    you got 3x 15,000 , so only 45,000 credits total.

So for the same amount of dilithium you got less credits, or in other words,
    now u get 5k more credits for a total 50 dilithium spend.

Another example:

Now for 100 dilithium(2x50) you get 100,000 credits(2x50,000).

Before for 150 dilithium(10,20,20,20,40,40) you got only 90k credits(6x15,000)

But of course, now you are forced to spend 50 dilithium min,
    but you don t get less credits per dilithium than before.

q0k8sw1dxv34.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Dragen wrote: »
    That would actually be a positive sign as it would mean that the new feature would be offering something that is worthwhile enough to buy lots of credits with dil.

There are much better ways to accumulate credits than buying with dil. Skirmish being the most obvious one.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I am torn, and very confused about the 'why'.

On the positive side, I like the idea of having something to use my credits on. I maintain a balance of at least 50 million at all times. I max out my replicator rations every day and use any excess credits on 90k credit pulls once I get over 51M.

On the confused side, I'm curious what new thing credits will become useful for, especially in light of 1 or 2 new currencies being introduced to the game, presumably for the new feature(s).

On the negative side, I don't like the move to devalue dilithium in terms of the dil-credits exchange rate. Dil is supposed to be the premium in-game currency and the only one mainly attainable by spending real money. It seems silly to need to spend even more dil to acquire arguably the most readily available resource in the game (aside from chrons, perhaps).
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    On the negative side, I don't like the move to devalue credits in terms of the dil-credits exchange rate. Dil is supposed to be the premium in-game currency and the only one mainly attainable by spending real money. It seems silly to need to spend even more dil to acquire arguably the most readily available resource in the game (aside from chrons, perhaps).

That's still true. You can't get DIL with credits. All they changed is how many credits you can get with DIL. DIL is still the currency that can be bought with money. Everything else must be bought with DIL or earned through the game.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    On the negative side, I don't like the move to devalue credits in terms of the dil-credits exchange rate. Dil is supposed to be the premium in-game currency and the only one mainly attainable by spending real money. It seems silly to need to spend even more dil to acquire arguably the most readily available resource in the game (aside from chrons, perhaps).

That's still true. You can't get DIL with credits. All they changed is how many credits you can get with DIL. DIL is still the currency that can be bought with money. Everything else must be bought with DIL or earned through the game.

Sorry, I actually meant that they've devalued dil, since it no longer buys you as many credits as it used to. That's what doesn't make sense to me and would seem to throw established values out the window, since they've devalued the premium currency relative to the most readily available in-game currency.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    What if the new update provides new and greater purposes for credits AND the dabo sale will use it.
    I doubt they would recost credits for the dabo sale alone, so I am leaning towards it being more useful in the new update. But what if they also make the dabo sale credit only in a roundabout way to deplete our stockpile prior to the new feature going live?
  • Options
    Maybe i miss something, but now you get MORE CREDITS for the
    same total amount of dilithium:

50,000 credits for 50 dilithium,

Before, for 50 dilithium(first pull 10, 2nd+3rd pull 20 dilithium each)
    you got 3x 15,000 , so only 45,000 credits total.

So for the same amount of dilithium you got less credits, or in other words,
    now u get 5k more credits for a total 50 dilithium spend.

Another example:

Now for 100 dilithium(2x50) you get 100,000 credits(2x50,000).

Before for 150 dilithium(10,20,20,20,40,40) you got only 90k credits(6x15,000)

But of course, now you are forced to spend 50 dilithium min,
    but you don t get less credits per dilithium than before.

q0k8sw1dxv34.jpeg

I stand corrected. Mostly. If you logged in each day and did the first buy of 10 dilithium for 15,000 credits, then you would get a more favorable ratio. If you did the first two buys, then you're getting 30,000 credits for 30 dilithium. That is the exact same ratio as the first buy of the new scale.

As Zombie Squirrel points out, as soon as you go past that second buy, the new chart is more favorable.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I hope it has something to do with new replicator uses (as in, new things that can be replicated). No idea how the two new currencies would fit into this, but I have so much replicator fodder in my inventory that I've been hoping for a while they would let us replicate something else besides equipment :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Did they change something, or was this unintended?
    Shows 120k for 50 dilithium instead of 50k?

EDIT: NVM forgot about VIP boosts😅

ebp82s3d0cvn.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they change something, or was this unintended?
    Shows 120k for 50 dilithium instead of 50k?
    ebp82s3d0cvn.jpeg

Maybe because of this?

jkqhgvhtl26p.jpeg

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.