Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: A Woman of Conviction - 01/21

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in The Bridge
Event Name: A Woman of Conviction
Event Type: Skirmish Event (space battles)
Event Crew: Lady Sirella 5* (New), Lt. Commander Dexter Remmick 4* (New), and General Martok 4* (Existing)

Event Dates: Thursday 01/21 until Monday 01/25 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Delta Flyer Torres (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/28.

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus ships/crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• medium bonus: variants of Martok, and crew with the Klingon trait
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Klingon K'Vort Bird-of-Prey 2* (Existing)
- U.S.S. Defiant 4* (Existing)
- IKS T'Ong 5* (Existing)

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no rerun since the last flashback. Oh boy.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect timing for the release of the Klingon collection.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the rerun before a mega usually have the featured legendary in the threshold rewards? This time we need to place top 1500 the week prior? I thought that type of flashback event falls after the mega. (I always mix up the rerun, flashback titles)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    Doesn't the rerun before a mega usually have the featured legendary in the threshold rewards? This time we need to place top 1500 the week prior? I thought that type of flashback event falls after the mega. (I always mix up the rerun, flashback titles)

There's no consistent rule about applying reruns vs flashbacks, near as I've seen. This will be a Flashback, which means there will be no legendary in the threshold rewards.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

There's no consistent rule about applying reruns vs flashbacks, near as I've seen. This will be a Flashback, which means there will be no legendary in the threshold rewards.

It seemed pretty consistently a rerun prior to a mega and a flashback after the mega. At least for the last few megas. This is a change in that.
    I am not complaining, but pointing it out.

It will be easier for me to get the extra star in a skirmish than trying to hit the extra threshold in a faction event. I am happy with this. But I hope that means we get a rerun after the mega. I dont want them to start pulling away from offering the old legendaries in thresholds.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

So, Fireside Stories would be the Flashback?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

So, Fireside Stories would be the Flashback?

Too bad, another faction
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: A Woman of Conviction
    Event Type: Skirmish Event (space battles)
    Event Crew: Lady Sirella 5* (New), Lt. Commander Dexter Remmick 4* (New), and General Martok 4* (Existing)

Event Dates: Thursday 01/21 until Monday 01/25 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Delta Flyer Torres (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/28.

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus ships/crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • medium bonus: variants of Martok, and crew with the Klingon trait
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
    - Klingon K'Vort Bird-of-Prey 2* (Existing)
    - U.S.S. Defiant 4* (Existing)
    - IKS T'Ong 5* (Existing)

Based on the leaked info, Skirmish was expected. Since I am sick this weekend, might not push too hard in Galaxy Phase to make up lost points from not being able to do Shuttles as I usually do. Save the Chronitons for Skirmish.

EDIT: With the leaked info, I was hoping for new Martok's Neghvar as the 5⭐......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame lt. Commander Remmick isn’t a legendary. Cool to get him in game if the art is good. If it is just him looking normal in a uniform it will be disappointing.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DScottHewitt Feel better. I saw you on the Enterprise FB group a couple days a go.
    I thought it sounded like a Skirmish (Yay!) and I figured Remmick would be new with some variant of Martok as the existing. It makes sense to do Klingon trait, to give us more options. Plus, we got the Mirror collection with the Mirror mega.
    I figure I'll round up my Klingon's, do the variants of Torres first, and move on to others. I have 28 immortal and another 12 FF'd. That would give me the 40 milestone. There should be up to 80 to start with.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    @DScottHewitt Feel better. I saw you on the Enterprise FB group a couple days a go.
    I thought it sounded like a Skirmish (Yay!) and I figured Remmick would be new with some variant of Martok as the existing. It makes sense to do Klingon trait, to give us more options. Plus, we got the Mirror collection with the Mirror mega.
    I figure I'll round up my Klingon's, do the variants of Torres first, and move on to others. I have 28 immortal and another 12 FF'd. That would give me the 40 milestone. There should be up to 80 to start with.

Thanx! I got caught up on all the sleeping I haven't been doing last night. I did top 1500 in the Faction last week because I was able to run Shuttles every 1.5 hours, because I was awake any way.

• Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Shame lt. Commander Remmick isn’t a legendary. Cool to get him in game if the art is good. If it is just him looking normal in a uniform it will be disappointing.

I'd be okay with it if we eventually get a Bluegill Queen, rising from his corpse. She would need to be a legendary, though.

That is exactly what I was thinking for a Legendary Remmick!!!!!!

• Options
    Curious to see Remmick's artwork...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    General Martok offers good passive accuracy and an attack bonus that comes in too late for most players to use, at 14s and needs a Position trigger to get the full +9. Here's to hoping that Lady Sirella and Commander Remmick have some more useful ship abilities. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    General Martok offers good passive accuracy and an attack bonus that comes in too late for most players to use, at 14s and needs a Position trigger to get the full +9. Here's to hoping that Lady Sirella and Commander Remmick have some more useful ship abilities. :)

Lady Sirella's is
    Ship ability 1/5
    "Continue With The Saga"
    - Boosts Accuracy by 3
    - Initialize: 10s, Cooldown: 10s, Duration: 8s
    - Bonus Ability: +20% to Attack Speed | Trigger: Cloak
    - Equipment Bonus: Accuracy +500, Crit Bonus +175, Crit Rating +130, Evasion +340
    We'll have to wait and see for Remmick.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Lady Sirella's is
    Ship ability 1/5
    "Continue With The Saga"
    - Boosts Accuracy by 3
    - Equipment Bonus: Accuracy +500, Crit Bonus +175, Crit Rating +130, Evasion +340

Thank you, I forgot that was already out there. I would run Martok over Sirella. Hope Remmick is a little better. Anything with accuracy at 6s or sooner would get the seat for me. It worked really well in that EV Trip event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Lady Sirella's is
    Ship ability 1/5
    "Continue With The Saga"
    - Boosts Accuracy by 3

Thank you, I forgot that was already out there. I would run Martok over Sirella. Hope Remmick is a little better. Anything with accuracy at 6s or sooner would get the seat for me. It worked really well in that EV Trip event.

4* General Martok has a Position trigger, though, so he’s not going to add his bonus ship ability for anyone flying either the T'Ong or the Krayton. Only 1500 event players & lucky Dabo spinners will have Sirella, though, so I do see your point about Remmick. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    The Position trigger doesn't really go with the themed ships. I didn't really think about that. Martok's strength is his passive accuracy. He'll provide that as long as he's in the right seat. He won't get in the way of the powerhouses firing and he'll help them hit. It wouldn't be the worst thing if I had to use Martok. Still hoping for something better, though. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    At least going for the gold on this rerun won't take up an extra crew slot ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Remmick, he seeks peaceful coexistence. Also, Rixx from the same episode is needed.
  • Options
    Ok yet another disappointing event. Time to go back into retirement. Last mega wasn’t really worth coming back for. Ciao.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok yet another disappointing event. Time to go back into retirement. Last mega wasn’t really worth coming back for. Ciao.

Have you seen Discovery season 3 from which those crew came? If you haven’t you might like having those crew when you do.

Lady Sirella will be helpful in the Klingon collection coming soon.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Have you seen Discovery season 3 from which those crew came? If you haven’t you might like having those crew when you do.

Lady Sirella will be helpful in the Klingon collection coming soon.

Yes I've seen season 3, the cards are mediocre, the events were uninspired. Someone send me a message in the old folks home when there is any new element to this game that isn't just a rehash or relying on the popularity of a new character/card to keep punters tap tap tapping away every week.

Just to clarify - on offer this week - 0 new ships, I have Martok and DF Torres immortalised. No real interest in Remmick or another mediocre 1/5* crew to take up another slot. And an uninspired new campaign with the 4* having been given out in an event less than a month ago. *Yawns*

C'mon TP I have way too many 1/5* crew taking up slots. Stop holding back with the honor sales and the free/cheap citations, that's about the ONLY thing I feel I have to look forward to if any progress is going to be made. Otherwise I'm just wasting my time. Glad I didn't renew the monthly card, makes it so much easier to walk away.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    The 4* is free. It is also a 4*, so it only really matters to newer players that could use copies to fuse a partial copy or players that missed him for some reason. He isn't a bad 4*. He's Sarek, so there is event potential there. He's already had the trait bonus once since he was introduced. He's in two collections: diplomats which can be hard to fill and Vulcans which goes up to 40 for the top milestone and could be expanded to 60 in the near future, if they are going to regularly update and add collections.
    His stats aren't terrible for a purple either.

Not venting, just a humorous anecdote...

My alt account has a grand total of 10 4/4 crew... and Sarek is one of them. Kinda frustrating, and removes some incentive to actually pay any attention to keeping my alt up to date with dailies.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    New Campaigns 4* Dignitary Sarek has excellent bases, DIP 900+(Unboosted). Worth a dupe. ;)

Regarding the Topic:

Remmick might be interesting, depending on artwork and stats.
    Looking forward to him. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    And an uninspired new campaign with the 4* having been given out in an event less than a month ago. *Yawns*
    3 months ago. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. :p

Well doesn't time fly when you're not having fun? :/