Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal

calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in The Bridge
Just got my rank copy in my inventory. Thanks for that!

Question about their hidden traits...

I assume they would be an Adira variant AND a Tal variant? Relatedly, is Gray a Tal variant or is the in-game Gray supposed to represent him pre-join?

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now I have to freeze/release a crew member in order to fit the copy of Adira that was automatically put in my crew quarters?! Ridiculous! Why not make it a claimable crew via the inbox or Time Portal, even if it comes with a limited timeline to claim??
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    And now I have to freeze/release a crew member in order to fit the copy of Adira that was automatically put in my crew quarters?! Ridiculous! Why not make it a claimable crew via the inbox or Time Portal, even if it comes with a limited timeline to claim??

This stops the 25$ offer. not sure if there was a reason they didn't want that or not. Either way, fine by me. Thanks TP.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    IceCat wrote: »

Probably because it would have immediately gone into your crew quarters after the event. Why would this have been any different?

All players finishing in the top-1500 already got EDF Adira after that event, so this is an incremental 5* crew, not the one I previously earned. This is entirely different from a typical event reward.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless, they probably did it this way because if it had been awarded normally, it would not have been through mail, but dropped straight to crew slots.

Also, just in case anyone else who should have it doesn't see it, I had to restart for Adira to appear. Just a heads up.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless, they probably did it this way because if it had been awarded normally, it would not have been through mail, but dropped straight to crew slots.

Also, just in case anyone else who should have it doesn't see it, I had to restart for Adira to appear. Just a heads up.

They've done it in the past where copies of event crew have been rewarded via the inbox - HMS Data comes to mind, if memory serves me.
  • Options
    Anyone know anything about the variant question?
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

They've done it in the past where copies of event crew have been rewarded via the inbox - HMS Data comes to mind, if memory serves me.

Were the circumstances similar? I don't remember the details of that one.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Awarding the crew how we did was quicker, and more reliable.

IMHO, while I would have preferred either a freebie pull or an email, placing it directly in inventory makes sense to me. That’s what happens with a regular event reward, so it should be treated the same.

Just IMHO.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Awarding the crew how we did was quicker, and more reliable.

Y'all were trying to avoid another 'Gate, huh? Makes sense.

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Not that it bothers me too much, but all FTMs are gone. :D

hq8maixr3edf.jpeg
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I sure hope that is a UI issue and not a DB issue...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Just got my rank copy in my inventory. Thanks for that!

Question about their hidden traits...

I assume they would be an Adira variant AND a Tal variant? Relatedly, is Gray a Tal variant or is the in-game Gray supposed to represent him pre-join?
    I would say that the Gray in game is Gray Tal because Gray has the musician trait which came from the symbiont I believe. Adira noted it and then could play the cello too after getting the symbiont.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure FTM info will get restored but I find it funny that mine is from 69 and others the 70s8dw9axu0nunc.jpg
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh nice knowledge!

Also it just needs a refresh. I froze her and unfroze her and the info is back. It's just a trick to get people like me to spend merits before something like a merits for crew slot sale. :)

f2q694pyzrdx.jpg
    jk6hqdoirwuf.jpg
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh nice knowledge!

Also it just needs a refresh. I froze her and unfroze her and the info is back. It's just a trick to get people like me to spend merits before something like a merits for crew slot sale. :)

f2q694pyzrdx.jpg
    jk6hqdoirwuf.jpg
    The computer says "nooooooooo". *cough*
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

hq8maixr3edf.jpeg

Y2K strikes again! :D
  • Options

hq8maixr3edf.jpeg

It just bided it's time. Waited until Y2020 wore us down!

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

hq8maixr3edf.jpeg

It just bided it's time. Waited until Y2020 wore us down!

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

Or maybe 2020 was the Y2K we should have feared.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Realy happy with AdiraTal stats. Shes the top voyage dip/eng by far and the top base dip/eng too. As wel as #10 voyager.
    Awesome for someone you get at keast 3copies of in achievements.

I will have to freeze 9 peeps during next skirmish to make room for her (and some others in danger of auto sairlock in 6 days) but happy to do so lol
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I forgot to run their stats yesterday. But damn, they are a beast.

The time investment for those achievements will be well worth it, and they'll probably even get a few citations to finish them off once I can safely spend honor again.
  • Options
    I'm very happy with the stats too! :smiley:
  • Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    So I was wondering how everyone was reading this announcement...
    We’re confirming that starting on February 3 and ending on February 10 at 00:00 am ET (5:00 UTC) Adira Tal will be obtainable by everyone via three temporary achievements!

Are we getting 3 copies of Adira Tal or just 1? I see how this could be interpreted as 3 copies, but reading this literally, I wonder if we will only receive 1 copy...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    We’re confirming that starting on February 3 and ending on February 10 at 00:00 am ET (5:00 UTC) Adira Tal will be obtainable by everyone via three temporary achievements!

Are we getting 3 copies of Adira Tal of just 1? I could see how this could be interpreted as 3 copies, but reading this literally, I think we will only receive 1 copy...

Everybody who won EDF Adira during the event will get the same number of copies of Adira Tal. This copy(s) was placed directly into crew quarters of qualifying players.

All players will be able to acquire 1-3 copies of Adira Tal via temporary achievements, similar to how everybody had the same chance to acquire 1-3 copies of the Luau Paris.

That's how I read it...
  • Options

Are we getting 3 copies of Adira Tal or just 1? I see how this could be interpreted as 3 copies, but reading this literally, I think we will only receive 1 copy...

It should be three, if you complete all achievements.
  • Options

Are we getting 3 copies of Adira Tal of just 1? I could see how this could be interpreted as 3 copies, but reading this literally, I think we will only receive 1 copy...

Everybody who won EDF Adira during the event will get the same number of copies of Adira Tal. This copy(s) was placed directly into crew quarters of qualifying players.

All players will be able to acquire 1-3 copies of Adira Tal via temporary achievements, similar to how everybody had the same chance to acquire 1-3 copies of the Luau Paris.

That's how I read it...

That is exactly how I originally read it, but in prior announcements for Legendary crew offered via temporary achievements (e.g. Homesteader Janeway, Dr. 'Bones' McCoy), it was explicitly stated how many copies would be acquirable - this announcement is more vague...
  • Options

That's how I read it...

That is exactly how I originally read it, but in prior announcements for Legendary crew offered via temporary achievements (e.g. Homesteader Janeway, Dr. 'Bones' McCoy), it was explicitly stated how many copies would be acquirable - this announcement is more vague...

That's true, but I can't imagine that they would code three separate achievements in such a way that one can obtain a copy only by completing all three of them. If only one of the achivements had Adira as a reward, then they would have probably mentioned only one achievement.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    No way. Communication problems from WRG/TP?!?!?

Shocking. I say, shocking!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄
    😁😁😁😁😁😁
    😀😀😀😀😀😀
    😆😆😆😆😆😆