Home The Bridge

February Mega Event: Q's Passion! (Scoundrels)

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in The Bridge
Any guesses on the February mega event? I think we're about a week away from an official announcement. I'll try to update the thread title when we have something official.

My hope is for Klingons, now that the collection dropped. WRG_Ben mentioned that he hopes to add or expand collections each month. If that happens, then whatever trait is next would be cool too.

Aside from that, the Zhian'tara theme that I mentioned a while back would be awesome! February would be a good month for the Romantic trait. It's been a while since we had a strong TOS or DS9 theme. Zhian'tara would cover DS9. The Cage or The Menagerie would be cool for TOS. We have most of The Cage crew. Some existing SR's could appear. We could fill in a few missing ones. Fugitive Burnham might work. Maybe The Keeper from Discovery or Disfigured Vina from TOS?

Any speculation or other ideas?

Edited title to reflect announcement.
Link, courtesy of @Nomad (FADM:Patterns of Force) : https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17494/announcing-our-february-mega-event-q-s-passion#latest
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I‘d love a „Bridge(or Cast) Main Crew Only“ Mega Event.
    A „Captains“ Mega Event would be nice as well.

Pretty sure the February Mega will be something different though.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully its a reman mega with shinzon as the recurring mega, and a new shinzon as a ranked reward each week.
  • Hopefully its a reman mega with shinzon as the recurring mega, and a new shinzon as a ranked reward each week.

I was hoping for a Keiko mega with a new ‘Miiiiillllllleeeesssss’ every week.... :frowning:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too loved the various thoughts folks had for a Zhian'tara theme. Plenty of interesting skill combinations among those past lives, as well.

A klingon theme also has a lot of potential, and could include characters from every series (except maybe Picard). Personally, I'd love to see the game get D'Ghor, Ch'Pok, Korath, Dennas, and Klaang.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too loved the various thoughts folks had for a Zhian'tara theme. Plenty of interesting skill combinations among those past lives, as well.

A klingon theme also has a lot of potential, and could include characters from every series (except maybe Picard). Personally, I'd love to see the game get D'Ghor, Ch'Pok, Korath, Dennas, and Klaang.

I never thought about it, but I don't remember any Klingons in Picard. That would be the only series without. Even "Lower Decks" had some!!!!!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    How about a formal mega and all the crew in dress uniforms.

That would be kind of Cool.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any guesses on the February mega event? I think we're about a week away from an official announcement. I'll try to update the thread title when we have something official.

My hope is for Klingons, now that the collection dropped. WRG_Ben mentioned that he hopes to add or expand collections each month. If that happens, then whatever trait is next would be cool too.

I would love a Klingon Mega, especially with the new collection. Any crew from the event would likely help aid in hitting tiers for the collection. As well, there is a lot of different story arcs possible, and many different directions they could take.

That is a phenomenal idea! Imagining all the main crew interacting gives me all kinds of story ideas. Nothing against the recurring/one-off characters, but it's the main cast we've all grown to love over the years. They would be a great choice for a real story based Mega.

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be a tactician or a hero mega because TP added those traits to Commander Barak and I see no other reason why they would do that otherwise.

Math adds up on this one. I vaguely recall this exact scenario happening before...I want to say with the Prisoner/Interrogator mega, but don't hold me to that.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be a tactician or a hero mega because TP added those traits to Commander Barak and I see no other reason why they would do that otherwise.
    Could be coincidence, but Talas is also a tactician.

Have we had a mega that utilized a recent campaign legendary before? Wouldn't surprise me but I don't have that data at my finger tips.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • I think it will be a tactician or a hero mega because TP added those traits to Commander Barak and I see no other reason why they would do that otherwise.

Have we had a mega that utilized a recent campaign legendary before? Wouldn't surprise me but I don't have that data at my finger tips.

Caregiver after The Bashirs’ comes to mind

Captain Level 99

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Pretty sure the February Mega will be something different though.

What about a nod to the popular ST novel crossover set "The Captain's Table"? They had to have commanded a ship, even if only a small one to be event crew. So some main crew would, but not all.

I never thought about it, but I don't remember any Klingons in Picard. That would be the only series without. Even "Lower Decks" had some!!!!!
    This event uses Klingon's, but, really, if you have Martok, got Sirella, or wait on Remmick, you don't need to worry about other Klingons. I have a couple I can use next week I will finish this week to generate intel and B'Elanna counts for the collection.
    I can see it tied to the collection for next month, but I would love a "Sword of Kahless" based Mega. Maybe Kor has been charged by Kahless himself to retrieve the sword to help unify the Klingons. He then gathers warriors and heroes to search for it. A gold of Kor would be the reoccurring, since he was denied that honor. Duras tries to take it which sets up the Skirmish. Factions would be to search possible locations. So on and so forth.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • What if MACO Mayweather is going to be the mega reoccurring 5*? and we all get one free copy and four from the mega event to immo! A gal can dream :wink:

Captain Level 99

• What if MACO Mayweather is going to be the mega reoccurring 5*? and we all get one free copy and four from the mega event to immo! A gal can dream :wink:

Ehm, no thx. 😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking that the February Mega will include #1000.....

Ehm, no thx. 😆

To be clear, I don’t like ENT !! I do in fact like the opportunity for a ‘free’ 5/5 :tongue::tongue:

Captain Level 99

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Romantic theme mega for February?
    Right now I'm using the Bashirs for DIP slots when I need Med.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    edited January 2021

Caregiver after The Bashirs’ comes to mind

Yes. Everyone complained about the Bashirs being less than stellar, and then people ended up using them heavy through the whole Caretakers Mega.

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

Ditto! Used Amanda too!
    Right now I'm using the Bashirs for DIP slots when I need Med for voyages.
    I look at the recent or new campaign when thinking about the next mega. That's why I called an Enterprise Mega and took a bit of teasing for it, but I was right...I'm thinking Diplomats may come out to play here. A few new 4*s and an easy 5* would be welcome.
    Hmmmm...3* individual cards of Riva's chorus that fuse to become a 5* (maybe with intermediate 4*s!.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

If I am working it out correctly, MACO Mayweather will be in the Tuesday pack on the 23rd February.

Edit: I am NOT working it out correctly. MACO Mayweather will either be the last SR in the Mega...or as they are doing a flashback first he will be the final reward in the last week on the 25th Feb.

Showing My Work: hpbuvcqrn10y.png
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am working it out correctly, MACO Mayweather will be in the Tuesday pack on the 23rd February.

Edit: I am NOT working it out correctly. MACO Mayweather will either be the last SR in the Mega...or as they are doing a flashback first he will be the final reward in the last week on the 25th Feb.

Thanks for showing your work, I'm impressed.

One thing though - don't they typically add a new uncommon or rare crew during Megas? If they do that, that would move Mayweather up to the Tuesday pack on the 23rd.

This also makes sense because Ben also confirmed that Mayweather was a legendary.
    robownage wrote: »

One thing though - don't they typically add a new uncommon or rare crew during Megas? If they do that, that would move Mayweather up to the Tuesday pack on the 23rd.

This also makes sense because Ben also confirmed that Mayweather was a legendary.

That's a good point, that could well push him into the Tuesday pack following the mega. We'll have to see.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good point, that could well push him into the Tuesday pack following the mega. We'll have to see.

You adjusted the wrong way. If they introduce a new 2/3*, that means 1k is earlier not later. So he would become the Tuesday pack just before the final week of the mega.
    AviTrek wrote: »

You adjusted the wrong way. If they introduce a new 2/3*, that means 1k is earlier not later. So he would become the Tuesday pack just before the final week of the mega.

Yes good point. So that would be the 23rd like Rob said.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all of this but sometimes we only get one new crew for an event. Regardless, the #1000 will be during the Mega.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Coincidentally, Tuskegee Mayweather has Hero trait. If it's a hero/tactition mega he'd be relevant, if mayweather isn't featured. if the new one is Tuesday pack and a tactition, does that fit TP math?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Sub Rosa Beverly be the first legendary of the mega event?
    Farewell 🖖